News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Couple of questions to SMF 2.0 Beta 4

Started by brianjw, September 24, 2008, 03:25:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brianjw

Hi,

I have a few questions I need to know before upgrading:

• I have the Custom Profile/Action Mods installed on My SMF 1.1.6 forum. Will these be transferred to the SMF 2.0 Beta 4 Built in custom profile/action system on upgrade?
  • Same thing with easy edit meta data...?

Thanks,
    Brian

bros

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Quote from: brianjw on September 24, 2008, 03:25:07 PM
Hi,

I have a few questions I need to know before upgrading:

• I have the Custom Profile/Action Mods installed on My SMF 1.1.6 forum. Will these be transferred to the SMF 2.0 Beta 4 Built in custom profile/action system on upgrade?
  • Same thing with easy edit meta data...?

Thanks,
    Brian
1. If you want it then it is a "maybe" case.
2. It should probably, it is not actually inbuilt is it ? if so then you would probably not need those mods and hence you may just replace the files up with a fresh one if you want.

brianjw

Is there some sort of script where I can transfer my custom actions and profile fields from SMF 1.1.6 to the new built in ones in SMF 2.0 Beta 4?

Can one be created? How?

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Quote from: brianjw on September 25, 2008, 04:17:04 PM
Is there some sort of script where I can transfer my custom actions and profile fields from SMF 1.1.6 to the new built in ones in SMF 2.0 Beta 4?

Can one be created? How?

I think the code used for custom profile field mod and the custom profile in 2.0 by default uses same codes.. you can try it over in your PC 1st i mean over a wamp and then see if it has any effect or anything as such ?

Rumbaar

For the most part answered.  The Custom Profile is effectively built in now, but uses different method of storage.  You'll best posting in the mods support thread to see if the author will write up a conversion script (if even possible).  But it might be a start from scratch affair.

As for the Custom Action I'm sure it might be easier.  If the same naming convention is kept from 1.1.x to 2.x you might be able to dump the whole table information relating to actions from 1.1.x and import it into the appropriate table in 2.x.  As 2.x uses a different table and I think additional options I'm not sure if easily possible.  Once again the author might be able to help via his support threads.

You'd have to install the mod again for Meta data, and then only if it's compatible.  But if it's just basic index.template.php meta data.  That's easy enough to manually edit anyways.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

Advertisement: