smf mosbot discuss

Started by profile, January 29, 2005, 09:34:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orstio

QuoteThere may be a way around it...   to put the {discussbot} message in the "intro" and then drag the quote form the main section...

I may have a work-around that shouldn't be too difficult.  ;)

BTW:  I have added seven parameters from this topic so far.... (Params in Mambots are a pain  >:( )

- set # of characters from the article to quote in the post
- specify the URL of the discussion icon image
- specify whether or not to include images from the article in the forum quote
- specify whether to jump to the beginning or end of the topic
- customizable link text ( Comments, discussion, or whatever)
- specify a default board in which to discuss articles.  If an article does not contain the mosbot code, a discussion link will automatically be created to the default board.
- a topic prefix, so that forum members know that the topic is for discussion of an article posted in Mambo.

Any more?

i click on the comments to an article, then once in the board, i tried to modify the quote so it doesn't include (clean it up) all the special characters and the mosbot link, but when i go to save it, it's not linked any more.  what determines or breaks that link?

Orstio

You mean the article is no longer linked to the topic?

The only thing that it is looking for is the title of the topic (Which should match the title of the article).

Actually, I made a mistake by changing the subject.  Even with a little manual cleanup, it works, and that's good for now.  Can't wait to try the new features in the next version.  Will you be releasing a beta to test?

Orstio

What kind of manual cleanup?

If you let me know which tags/characters are being generated, I can automate their removal, or conversion to BBC.

Quote from: Orstio on February 04, 2005, 11:43:26 PM
What kind of manual cleanup?

If you let me know which tags/characters are being generated, I can automate their removal, or conversion to BBC.

Here are the code so far that doesn't get translated or left behind and displayed in the forum.

[strike] [em] [strong] [ol] [ul] [li]

[Unknown]

[s] [i] [b] [list] [list] [li]...[/li]

-[Unknown]

Orstio

deejayh

Hi Folks,

Any news on the modificated Mambot?
Desperate to see it!! :D

Cheers,
Dave
Regards,
Dave
Family History UK  - http://www.familyhistory.uk.com

Kindred

it's included with the 3.0 bridge.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

jorgen

I really like the new bot.  new features and parameters are great.

I also like that it defaults to a board if no bot is defined. But here is also a big problem:
It puts a "discuss this"-link on EVERY article. Even those that should not have it.  Like static content that I use to make static pages on the website.

Could we somehow expand the discussbot with something like {mos_smf_discuss:nodiscuss}  ?
If this is included in an article, the bot would NOT make a discuss-link.
Could we make this change rather quickly (not wait for next release) ?

chadness

If you leave it blank it won't put in those links.

jorgen

Leave what blank?    Like this: {mos_smf_discuss:}   ?

Or the "Default discussion board"  in the config? 
I really would like to have the automatic default discuss-link on all articles except a few static content pages.

chadness

I meant the default discussion board.

So, what you owuld like would be another parameter, or hardcoded to {mos_smf_discuss:nodiscuss}, that says do not put in a link to the forums if you find this.

Hmmm, you may be able to hardcode that by changing line 39 to this:
if ( (strpos($row->text,"{mos_smf_discuss:") === 0 && !isset($default_discuss)) || $_REQUEST['option'] !="com_content" || (strpos($row->text,"{mos_smf_discuss:nodiscuss}") === 1) {

jorgen

Thank you, Chadness, but I still couldnt make it work.

chadness

Ooops, try this:

if ( (strpos($row->text,"{mos_smf_discuss:") === 0 && !isset($default_discuss)) || $_REQUEST['option'] !="com_content" || (strpos($row->text,"{mos_smf_discuss:nodiscuss}") !== 0) {

I'm sure there's a better way to do this but I'm still pretty new with PHP.

deejayh

Hi All,

I cannot even get the mosbot discuss to work.

• installed the discussbot.zip file as mambot in admin.
    Uploaded the smf_mosbot_help.php file to my Mambo root - If fact tried every where to ensure I got it in the correct place! :)

Does a picture show to click on in the document (such as the {mosimage} pic), which puts {mos_smf_discuss:} into the document! Or do I need to just put in {mos_smf_discuss:}. Either way does not work!

Also some earlier posts say there are some new features and PARAMETERS. I cannot see these at all?
Mambo says there are NO parameters for this item!?

I have tried removing and re-installing. I am currently using Mambo 4.5.2 and HTMLArea3 XTD

Any help appreciated,
Dave
Regards,
Dave
Family History UK  - http://www.familyhistory.uk.com

Orstio

Deejayh:  You need to update your bridge, with the new discussbot.  ;)

You use the discussbot by putting this into your articles:  {mos_smf_discuss:Board Name}

Replace Board Name with the actual name of the SMF board in which you want the discussion to take place.

QuoteI also like that it defaults to a board if no bot is defined. But here is also a big problem:
It puts a "discuss this"-link on EVERY article. Even those that should not have it.  Like static content that I use to make static pages on the website.

Could we somehow expand the discussbot with something like {mos_smf_discuss:nodiscuss}  ?
If this is included in an article, the bot would NOT make a discuss-link.
Could we make this change rather quickly (not wait for next release) ?

Yes, this can be built in.  It shouldn't take long.  The code submitted here by Chadness is pretty close. ;)

chadness

Quote from: deejayh on February 21, 2005, 05:27:38 PM
Does a picture show to click on in the document (such as the {mosimage} pic), which puts {mos_smf_discuss:} into the document! Or do I need to just put in {mos_smf_discuss:}. Either way does not work!
Like Orstio said, there are parameters in the updated discussbot that comes with the 3.01 version of the bridge.  One of them is to automatically add the discussbot code to all articles.  If you'd rather have a button, I wrote a really basic one up a while back - search the forums for discussbot and you should find the thread.

Advertisement: