smf mosbot discuss

Started by profile, January 29, 2005, 09:34:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jorgen

Quote from: chadness on February 21, 2005, 04:43:37 PM
Ooops, try this:

if ( (strpos($row->text,"{mos_smf_discuss:") === 0 && !isset($default_discuss)) || $_REQUEST['option'] !="com_content" || (strpos($row->text,"{mos_smf_discuss:nodiscuss}") !== 0) {

I'm sure there's a better way to do this but I'm still pretty new with PHP.

Thanks for yet another attempt, Chadness. But I couldnt make that one work either. And my own PHP-skills ate practically noneistent, so couldnt make it work on my own.

I think I'll clear the default board for now, and add the {mos_smf_discuss:} manually where I want it.

But it would be great if Orstio could add a test when automatically adding the link to default board. The link should not be created if the article is a static content item.

jorgen

I got another problem with the 3.01-version of the bot.
I cleared the default board from the bot-settings, and then "{mos_smf_discuss:} " appears on the bottom of all articles even if I have not defined any bot-text in the article (also static items).

See an example at:   
http://www.inventorforum.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=99&Itemid=65

Does the bot behave like this for others as well, or have I messed things up?

Orstio

QuoteI got another problem with the 3.01-version of the bot.
I cleared the default board from the bot-settings, and then "{mos_smf_discuss:} " appears on the bottom of all articles even if I have not defined any bot-text in the article (also static items).

See an example at:   
http://www.inventorforum.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=99&Itemid=65

Does the bot behave like this for others as well, or have I messed things up?

Is there perhaps a space in the textbox for the default board in the bot params?

botagrox

Where do I find the smf_mosbot_help.php file?  I didn't see it in the zip file.  I've added the mambot, but it doesn't work, so I'm guessing this php file will complete the installation.

Kindred

well, the smf_mosbot_help.php file has no actual function with the bot...   it just displays a list of the available forums that you can call for.

in order to use the bot, you need to a) publish it and  b) either configure it to add a link to every article or add the link thext to the articles that you want...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Kagemaru

I have a problem (what a surprise -_-") with the Bot. It works good, when I put in News as default board. But then it displays the Forum link at every entry (as it is supposed to). But when I leave the default board empty, it's nowhere displayed and I can't add the link.
it just writes it there then.

example [nofollow]

=\ anyone an idea how to fix that?

Orstio

Have you published the bot?

Kagemaru

I did... and as I said, when I enter News into the default board text field, it works as it should.

edit: If it helps, when the default board is set to News and I write {mos_smf_discuss:} it works that the forum link is not displayed. But the {mos_smf_discuss:} itself is displayed still. :o

Orstio

You know that you can enter {mos_smf_discuss:no_discuss} to get rid of that, right?

Kagemaru

nope, thank you. ^^

But the other problem remains still with me =\
*just uses {mos_smf_discuss:no_discuss} for now*

chanh

I use: MOS_SMF_BRIDGEv3.19a_SMF1.1b3.zip, Mambo 4.5.3 and SMF 1.1RC1

Everything work except the discussbot.  If you leave the Default discussion board: blank then I will get {mos_smf_discuss:general} in the content where I added it.

If you add "general" in the "default discussion board:" then I will get (0)

What am I missing?

Thanks

chadness

There's a bug in that version.  Either put no_discuss in for your default discussion board, or better yet, uninstall that version and install this version:
http://www.technoadvice.com/component/remository/Download/Joomla-and-Mambo/SMF-Discussbot-version-4.1-final

chanh

Yea, I found that after I post this.

Thanks

Advertisement: