News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Smileys disabled in conversion?

Started by AzJose, September 25, 2008, 11:15:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AzJose

Quote from: SleePy on October 09, 2008, 03:34:24 PM
You can email them to me or pm me their contents. Which ever works.

I have some yabb posts but after looking at them myself I didn't see a difference in logic. So hopefully these will point out what Yabb is now doing to identify a smiley.
Tried sending an email got an error back and then pm'd you the stuff. Get any of it?

SleePy

I didn't see a difference in the logic of those posts.. I think I fixed it though, I just reversed the logic check.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

AzJose

That seems to have fixed the smiley issues now. Thanks :)

Now some of the message counts are showing there are all 0 (zero).

Check it out Here and you will see what I mean.

Thanks for all the help Sleepy! :)

SleePy

If you go to forum maintenance in the admin panel, does clicking and running find and repair errors help fix this?
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

AzJose

Tried that as well. No joy. Seems like reply counts are showing now it seems, but not the viewed counts. Weird.

AzJose

Quote from: AzJose on October 19, 2008, 11:18:14 PM
Tried that as well. No joy. Seems like reply counts are showing now it seems, but not the viewed counts. Weird.
Bump. Any thoughts on this?

SleePy

How many posts do you have on your forum? As well as topics?

I could make a script quickly to accomplish this. Knowing this will help me know if We can try and get away with running it without any timeout protection.

AzJose

Quote from: SleePy on October 23, 2008, 12:37:24 AM
How many posts do you have on your forum? As well as topics?

I could make a script quickly to accomplish this. Knowing this will help me know if We can try and get away with running it without any timeout protection.
14290 Posts in 1742 Topics by 159 Members from the last recent conversion I did.

SleePy

This script should fix all the replies.
It does no timeouts. I think we can get away without having timeouts. If we can't I can rewrite it to do this differently.

Goes in your SMF folder where SSI.php and Settings.php is. Run it from either your browser or command line.

AzJose

No luck with that. Loads to a blank screen and no counts change.

SleePy

Well I didn't give it any output. If it finishes loading then it should of finished.

What do you get if you run this in phpMyAdmin?

SELECT COUNT(ID_MSG) - 1 AS num_replies, ID_TOPIC
FROM smf_messages
GROUP BY ID_TOPIC

I ran this on a small test site and it worked fine for me to get the topic replies.

AzJose

That shows all the topic replies.

But the view counts of the topics are not coming across.

So like 1 Topic for example on the yabb2 site has like 101 replies, and like 1117 views.. On the SMF site is has 101 replies and 19 views.

This seems to be the last issue I have before I can do a full swap to SMF :)

SleePy

I may be using the wrong index.

Does,
replacing:
$views = !empty($views[2]) && $views[2] > 1 ? $views[2] - 1 : 0;

with
$views = !empty($views[3]) && $views[3] > 1 ? $views[3] - 1 : 0;

Fix this in the converter file?

looks like the file that contains the views data also contains the replied data. So I could make the converter get it from this as well during the conversion.

AzJose

No luck with that change. Still get all zeros in the views.

SleePy

and you ran the converter again?

Although looking at the file, I may have to alter how it works I think :| I think yabb changed the format of that file on us.

AzJose

Quote from: SleePy on October 24, 2008, 11:40:29 AM
and you ran the converter again?

Although looking at the file, I may have to alter how it works I think :| I think yabb changed the format of that file on us.
Yep, ran the whole convert process again after changing that line of code you gave me.

AzJose

SleePy

Sorry, it has been very busy for me for a while now.

The following file I changed it so the .ctb file that exists in the messages folder is now used and it does a regex check to try and find the views entry.

AzJose

No prob. I will try it and let ya know.

AzJose

No luck with that.

Here is the content of a ctb file for ya.

### ThreadID: 1084076403, LastModified: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 12:50:12 -0700 ###

'board',"news"
'replies',"8"
'views',"93"
'lastposter',"Joe_Plumber"
'lastpostdate',"1086312452"
'threadstatus',""
'repliers',""

Advertisement: