News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Advanced Contact Form

Started by Deprecated, September 26, 2008, 06:15:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scratching my Head

Got it figured out, friend. I had installed this mod:

http://mods.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=331

With that mod I had created a "Contact" page. The url resolved to:

hllp://www.domain.com/forum/index.php?action=contact

which conflicted with your beautiful contact page.

Thanks for going the extra mile on this with me.
Telling me the url was the key that opened that lock.

Much gracias, amigo.

richie80

My site is:  www.therealcombatvets.com [nofollow] and I am using SMF 1.1.11.  I can not get the contact for to work.

I get the following: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/therealc/public_html/Sources/Load.php(1977) : eval()'d code(48) : eval()'d code on line 1

If anyone could help I would appreciate it.

SONSiVRi

Quote from: richie80 on June 28, 2010, 01:12:52 PM
My site is:  www.therealcombatvets.com and I am using SMF 1.1.11.  I can not get the contact for to work.

I get the following: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/therealc/public_html/Sources/Load.php(1977) : eval()'d code(48) : eval()'d code on line 1

If anyone could help I would appreciate it.

Did you installed mod successfully? Which file you downloaded? At which step you are getting this error?
My Mods - IP View Permission - Recycle Bin Cleaner - Ip to Country
www.sonsivri.com - microcontrollers
- Houston, we have a problem.

richie80

I downloaded and installed Advanced Contact Form 1.1

The mod installed successfully.  I can go to admin > Configuration > Features and Options and set the contact options.

I add a new block to my website and add the contact.php in the php code box and that is the error I get when I look at the main page of the website.  I am pretty sure I did not add the block in correctly. 

NOTE: I am using a custom theme (FPS Theme).

SONSiVRi

Quote from: richie80 on June 28, 2010, 04:11:13 PM
I add a new block to my website and add the contact.php in the php code box and that is the error I get when I look at the main page of the website.  I am pretty sure I did not add the block in correctly. 

Sorry man, I don't get what "block" is referring.

richie80

I believe I found the problem.  It has to do with the custom theme on the site.  I am not sure what code I need to put in the theme to allow it to show the contact button.

SONSiVRi

Quote from: richie80 on June 29, 2010, 10:42:12 AM
I believe I found the problem.  It has to do with the custom theme on the site.  I am not sure what code I need to put in the theme to allow it to show the contact button.

You could modify it from your current buttons code. You need to change condition to showing button, and rest of button name etc.

richie80

I looked in the default theme file and could not find the code.  So I am not sure what to put in the custom theme file.

SONSiVRi

Quote from: richie80 on June 29, 2010, 08:21:44 PM
I looked in the default theme file and could not find the code.  So I am not sure what to put in the custom theme file.

There should be "something" to show buttons down there, you will just mixture them.

richie80

This is the code I added:

// The [calendar]!
   if ($context['allow_calendar'])
      echo ($current_action == 'calendar' || $context['browser']['is_ie4']) ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $first . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '' , '
            <td valign="top" class="maintab_' , $current_action == 'calendar' ? 'active_back' : 'back' , '">
               <a href="', $scripturl, '?action=calendar">' , $txt['calendar24'] , '</a>
            </td>' , $current_action == 'calendar' ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $last . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '';

// the [member] list button
   if ($context['allow_memberlist'])
      echo ($current_action == 'mlist' || $context['browser']['is_ie4']) ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $first . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '' , '
            <td valign="top" class="maintab_' , $current_action == 'mlist' ? 'active_back' : 'back' , '">
               <a href="', $scripturl, '?action=mlist">' , $txt[331] , '</a>
            </td>' , $current_action == 'mlist' ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $last . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '';

// the [contact] button
   if ($context['allow_view_contact'])
      echo ($current_action == 'contact' || $context['browser']['is_ie4']) ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $first . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '' , '
            <td valign="top" class="maintab_' , $current_action == 'contact' ? 'active_back' : 'back' , '">
               <a href="', $scripturl, '?action=contact">' , $txt['contact']  , '</a>
            </td>' , $current_action == 'contact' ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $last . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '';

I am sorry for all the questions, but this is the first time I am working with this.

SONSiVRi

Did you granted the permissions?

richie80

Not sure what you are talking about.

SONSiVRi

Quote from: richie80 on June 30, 2010, 07:18:05 PM
Not sure what you are talking about.

You have to assign the permission to the membergroup you wanted them to see the button. It was like that last time I remember.

Amendoim

Versão 2.0 RC2 Portuguese_Pt

Simple Portal 2.3 Portuguese_Pt

Em crescimento na programação :)

http://www.gamextuga.com

maihannijat

Great Mod.

I have this error in my Forum Error Log"

Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this IP address  91.201.66.86    Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this session  817ee03991b130a87b54080c0d1c2b8a
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL http://www.afghanistanforums.com/index.php?action=contact
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message
8: Undefined variable: hostName
File: /home/user/public_html/forum/Sources/Contact.php
Line: 164

SONSiVRi

Quote from: maihannijat on November 06, 2010, 11:41:22 PM
Great Mod.

I have this error in my Forum Error Log"

Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this IP address  91.201.66.86    Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this session  817ee03991b130a87b54080c0d1c2b8a
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL http://www.afghanistanforums.com/index.php?action=contact
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message
8: Undefined variable: hostName
File: /home/user/public_html/forum/Sources/Contact.php
Line: 164

You are using which smf version?

maihannijat

I am using SMF version 1.1.12

SONSiVRi

Quote from: maihannijat on November 07, 2010, 10:48:18 PM
I am using SMF version 1.1.12

I had that problem too, then I removed that code part (I didn't needed it). I should have posted it in this topic. And also my modification includes capthca feature too.

maihannijat

Quote from: SONSiVRi on November 08, 2010, 06:15:20 PM
I had that problem too, then I removed that code part (I didn't needed it). I should have posted it in this topic. And also my modification includes capthca feature too.

Could you tell me from which line to which I remove code?

Advertisement: