News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Help w/ mambo -> smf install

Started by begby, January 30, 2005, 11:18:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

begby

Hello,
I followed the instructions in the following thread:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=25718.0

but am having difficulties.  When try to log out using the smf login module, it takes me to the directory index, same as when I try to logout of the forum. 

Also, when I click on the SMF Registration component thru the frontend, the page comes up blank. 

Now previously, I've been using phpbb's login module rather than the MOS, so should I have used phpbb as the prefix upon registration rather than mos? 

I'd appreciate any help, I've been struggling with this for a long long time

Kindred

Ok...   first, you would have a better response if this was posted in the correct forum (in other words, the Mambo integration forum)

second, a URL would help us debug your site (as suggested in Orstio's sticky comment in the Mambo forum)

third...   There are known issues when converting phpbb to smf if you already had phpbb installed as a mambo component.   Try reading some of the threads in the mambo forum.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?board=77.0
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

begby

Quote from: kindred on February 01, 2005, 12:21:21 PM
Ok...   first, you would have a better response if this was posted in the correct forum (in other words, the Mambo integration forum)

second, a URL would help us debug your site (as suggested in Orstio's sticky comment in the Mambo forum)

third...   There are known issues when converting phpbb to smf if you already had phpbb installed as a mambo component.   Try reading some of the threads in the mambo forum.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?board=77.0

Thanks for your reply.  Is it possible to manually export the users/posts in my phpbb database into the smf db?  Would that work? 

EDIT: the site in question is www.thegreenrabbit.ca, but I'm only installing SMF locally first to get it running

Kindred

Someone with knowledge of the phpbb conversion will have to answer the question on posts...

The issue with phpbb/mambo to smf/mambo is that the phpbb component removes some data from the MAMBO user table.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Christian A. Herrnboeck

Hi, It is possible to move your posts / userdata/ etc. from phpBB to SMF. However, this is done through the converter, and all of your current SMF users/ posts/ etc would be lost. I would suggest you go from the phpBB - Mambo module, to standalone phpBB, and then over to SMF. THat way, you would have the least ammount of trouble.

Christian

Farmers:Producing food for the world!

Advertisement: