Menu Buttons

Started by 2by2host, September 29, 2008, 07:56:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2by2host

Link to Mod

This mod gives you the ability to create/edit/remove additional links to the external pages in your forum menu.
You can change style for each button.

Enjoy =)

damnitmike

Nice!

Can you give us a few examples of what kind of styles we can use?

Thanks!

Marcus Forsberg

Seriously, I was just going to create a mod like this :D

Good work, any way :)

TroyG

How do I remove

SMF customization services by 2by2host.com

At the bottom of my page

Chopper

This is a great mod :D. However, where it says "sort" no matter what number i put in there my new button always appears at the end?

busterone

Good Mod. It is working on the default theme as it should. I manually edited the index.template.php for my other 2 main themes and it does not show a button, but gives no errors in the log either. SMF 1.1.6 and I am using DefaultMC_113 and a custom theme- GreenDemons. Both are nothing more than the default with different .css files. Any ideas?

Rafferty

Buttons need to be placed in the menu bar not just at the end
Don't Follow me I got No Idea what I'm Doing

xrunner

Quote from: Rafferty on October 01, 2008, 12:02:30 AM
Buttons need to be placed in the menu bar not just at the end

Agree, I would prefer the Logout button to remain always at the end, and what about the styles? You make no mention of how to use that.

busterone

I suspect there will be no answer or support for this mod here. This user has been here since March and has only posted 5 times. I suspect the OP expects us to follow the copyright link in the mod to his own forum. All well and good except have a look at this topic.
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=250402.msg1620410#msg1620410

Marcus Forsberg

Hmm... I really don't like peoples who do not support there mods propably...

Rafferty

Seems the mod may be just a ploy to put his site & services on our forums, I noticed the ad and link at the foot of the forum pages after installation, Im not happy about that and have removed the mod. Thanks too for the interesting link Busterone, interesting reading.

TroyG

Quote from: TroyG on September 30, 2008, 12:24:51 PM
How do I remove

SMF customization services by 2by2host.com

At the bottom of my page

I just got it figured out. This how you do it.
Go to admin
Packages
uninstall menu buttons
then delete
now you download the mod ( your button )
Install it
And you are done
Problem solved

Rafferty

Your Button only allows one button doesnt it?

Marcus Forsberg

If you want a supported mod like this whit more features, ceep waiting, I was gonig to create on just as I saw this mod.

Bluben89

I would really appreciate a mod where you can place more than one button in your menu bar, in whatever order you wanted without regard to advertising to external sites.

This would help those of us that are too slow in the head to do it manually ;)

busterone

Quote from: Nascar on October 02, 2008, 02:33:58 PM
If you want a supported mod like this whit more features, ceep waiting, I was gonig to create on just as I saw this mod.
Great, I will wait for yours. Thanks much!  :)

glen88

i installed this mod on 1.1.6 and it installed fine but how do i actually access the page? so i can add a new button? sorry im new to this smf....

Rafferty

admin/configuration/menu links management

glen88

i only see this

Features and Options
Server Settings
Current Theme
Themes and Layout

i also noticed when i went to install this mod it shows a demo picture and i see it has a link like what your saying but with mine its blank white... and i thought maybe my theme is stuffed so i tryed an other theme and its the same.. i dont get it.. and its not just this mod few others also

B.SkiLLs

Quote from: glen88 on October 03, 2008, 12:45:18 AM
i installed this mod on 1.1.6 and it installed fine but how do i actually access the page? so i can add a new button? sorry im new to this smf....

and if you can not see it from there where Rafferty said to, then try settings.php  your server setting page to english and see if you can see it then.
VICKTORY THE UNDERDOG Documentary – Pitbulls the untold true story

This is a must read & watch. Then Buy your DVD today. You will not regret it. Totally AWESOME. Best i ever seen. --

Advertisement: