News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Entering password twice to access admin panel. Is this normal?

Started by samtemp, September 30, 2008, 08:07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

samtemp

Hi,

When I log in as Admin, SMF sends me to the home page.

From there, if try to go to the Admin tab, it always prompts me to enter my password again.

Is this normal?

I notice that each time I log in the first time, my password entry disappears just as I press "enter."

Robbo_

This is in fact normal. There is a function used before any admin page is called to validate that you are an admin and logged in. It also prompts you to enter your password again every x seconds (prob about 30 mins). This is for security and without this someone could easily do major damage to your forum if you forget to logout or automatically login to your forums when visiting them. It is a must for any site imo. You can disable it simply by removing the function. There is probably a mod to remove it to.

I however HIGHLY recommend you keep it. If you would like to remove it then say so and I will give you better details on how... bt you shouldn't ;)
Aus-Newerth

Quote from: IRC
Roph> I just finished a double 1/2lb cheese, bacon & salad beef burger
Roph> no woman on earth could satisfy me as much as I am satisfied right now by this burger
... later on ...
Roph> how could ensie go about satisfying me =o
<Ensiferous> Roph: Merely looking at me would yield far more pleasure than a burger can provide.

samtemp

Thanks. Since it's a security feature I'll keep it.  Good to know.

Advertisement: