News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Show Joined, Location, Username In Topic View

Started by Deprecated, October 02, 2008, 12:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deprecated

Link to Mod

Obsolete

matasanos

Deprecated

You're welcome! It was fun writing this mod. The changes may not be that big but getting each little part working taught me new things about how SMF is organized and how the various data contexts get loaded.

The hover was the last part that really put the icing on the cake. I don't think many people will want to enable the "Username:" display in topic view, but enable Show username in view profile hover and you can see the real username by hovering over the member name. That way it's subtle and takes an active mouse over to see any change from the normal display. Unobservant members won't even notice that field but clever mods and admins will know how to use it. :)

As far as the "Joined:" and "Location:" displays, they are standard fixtures on other forum softwares such as vBulletin, and I just can't understand why SMF doesn't have it. That's what motivated me to write this mod package, to put those features in SMF, and I hope everybody likes it!

babjusi

matasanos

Quote from: Deprecated on October 02, 2008, 01:57:23 PM

As far as the "Joined:" and "Location:" displays, they are standard fixtures on other forum softwares such as vBulletin, and I just can't understand why SMF doesn't have it. That's what motivated me to write this mod package, to put those features in SMF, and I hope everybody likes it!

100x100 i think the same!!!

ccbtimewiz

Quote from: matasanos on October 02, 2008, 02:34:23 PM
Quote from: Deprecated on October 02, 2008, 01:57:23 PM

100x100 i think the same!!!

IMO I think they weren't put there because then the actual profile would serve less purpose.

RoarinRow

SMF 2.0
TP 1.0 RC1.1
Wordpress 3.1.3

TomW

Very nice, I want to add this mod to my forum.  However it appears that the mod is for 2.0, and I am running SMF versioin 1.7 with Corp-lt theme.  Will this mod work in version 1.7 ?

Neverhurry

and i need a version for 1.1.8, anybody can help?
I am using SMF 2.0.1, curve themes.

Zangetsu

Is there a way to make this work with SMF 1.1.9?
Can i manually install it?
Would it be too much trouble to make a compatible version with older versions of smf?
Thanks

Shark-Time

i need this mod for SMF 1.1.10..can you manage to make one for SMF1.1.X series??

Providing Cheapest Offshore Hosting as low as 5$/year.
MoneyBookers | AlertPay
Pm Me

Zangetsu

I manage to show the joined and location, but the problem with the location field is that the date is shown in this format: Julio 10, 2009, 02:35:58

And i want it to be like this: Julio 2009

I use this code
if ($message['member']['registered'] != '')
               echo '
                                                              <div class="windowbg4">Miembro desde:', $message['member']['registered'], '</div>';

Please help me

Shark-Time

i think no help will gonna come here through mod author...its almost been a whole month but no reply to my thread.

Providing Cheapest Offshore Hosting as low as 5$/year.
MoneyBookers | AlertPay
Pm Me

Acans

The Mod Author has been Inactive for over a year.
"The Book of Arantor, 17:3-5
  And I said unto him, thy database query shalt always be sent by the messenger of $smcFunc
  And $smcFunc shall protect you against injections and evil
  And so it came to pass that mysql_query was declared deprecated and even though he says he is not
  dead yet, the time was soon to come to pass when mysql_query shall be gone and no more

adbrad

just tried this mod on 2.0RC1.2 and it installed apart from one bit of code in the load.php file but i think this is just for the profilemouse hover part, which i have no interest in.
the rest of the mod works perfect. Even in my custom theme.
As the mod was originally written for beta 4 i think the code in load.php is slightly different for RC1.2

marwan

Hi,

Tried to install it on RC3 but got an error. Is it supported?

Acans

Quote from: marwan on September 23, 2010, 06:50:22 AM
Hi,

Tried to install it on RC3 but got an error. Is it supported?

No, the mod author left the community late 2008.
"The Book of Arantor, 17:3-5
  And I said unto him, thy database query shalt always be sent by the messenger of $smcFunc
  And $smcFunc shall protect you against injections and evil
  And so it came to pass that mysql_query was declared deprecated and even though he says he is not
  dead yet, the time was soon to come to pass when mysql_query shall be gone and no more

dougiefresh

Thank you for the wonderful mod!  I thought I'd let everybody know that when I updated my forum from 2.0 RC5 to 2.0 Gold, I had to reinstall all my mods.  This mod installed without issues and without emulation.  Hope this info helps someone!

Valkrider

Just tried this Mod on 2.0.2, I just wanted the location field to show on post topics and it works fine without emulation. FWIW.

radu81

just installed on SMF 2.0.5 without emulation and without problems. It works ;)
sorry for my bad english

Deprecated

Thank you radu81. :) I've been away from the SMF business for quite some time, and now that I've returned my first order of business is to update all my mod packages. I'm putting the highest priority on those reported to have no problems, and if it works fine on 2.0.5 then it's likely to work fine on 2.0.6 too!

You can expect an official release of this mod package quite soon.

radu81

sorry for my bad english

Deprecated

Thanks for the info. I need this mod on my own forum too! I'll update it later today or tomorrow latest. It's now #1 on my TODO list! :)

ApplianceJunk

Deprecated, could you add some screenshot to the mod page along with the update?
How about sharing a link to your forum?

Thanks,

Deprecated

Yes I have a screenshot, it's just that it fell off the image host due to age. I'll add the screen shots to a new image host, or re-shoot them if I can't find them. (I'm pretty good at backing up stuff so I prolly have them if I dig deep enough.)

I prefer to keep an isolation between forums I own and/or forums I administrate and SMF because they are not related and I see no reason to have them interact, and can think of a few reasons that I prefer them to not. It reminds me of the Jerry Seinfeld episode when he finds out two of his friends are seeing each other without him! :D

I'll go dig a bit and see if I can find those shots...

Deprecated

Here ya go:

To tell the truth, part of this doesn't make sense to me. I wrote it 4 years ago for an older version of SMF, some beta? There's no telling what features were or were not in that version that may have been implemented in later SMF.

I'll update it and probably change the fields around. I have to review the latest SMF and find out what shows in the post-bit by default, which you can enable, and which aren't there but some would want to be there.

One thing for sure, there are things from the profile that some forums want to include in the post-bit that you can't include there without a mod. I'll figure out which they are and add them in the new update.

bros

Definitely interested in this being updated for 2.0.7, my users want this mod.

Kimmie

This shows updated on Sept 4 but nothing is listed as to what changes were made. Does anyone know?

avisona30

TrackMustangsOnline

This works great on 2.0.9 as well.  Thanks!

Deprecated

Thanks for the info. Funny, I installed it in my 2.0.9 but thought maybe 2.0.9 had just added the functionality to the base code. I'll go check the 2.0.9 compatibility box.

Works for you, works for me, must be a winner! :)

Thanks again for the report. With my work load I don't have the time to test every package with every new release.

Advertisement: