Authentication Issue after Merge

Started by guider, January 31, 2005, 05:36:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guider

Registered members no longer see the 'registered members only' menu. I tried creating a new menu and a new users, both had no effect. What's going on?

Orstio

There's a good chance they are using the SMF-only login.

guider

I'm sorry, I don't understand. Could you explain what to do?

Orstio

You have not made any theme changes, have you?

In your SMF theme, change all instances of ?action=login2 to ?action=mambo_login

This will force all of your SMF pages to use the integrated login instead of the SMF-only login.

guider

I already covered that during setup. I followed the Sticky closely.

Orstio

I just registered at your site.

This is what your menu(s) for registered users looks like:

Jouw Opties 
Gegevens Wijzigen
Exclusieve Tips

Try this maybe 
Gegevens Wijzigen
Exclusieve Tips

I think your Mambo session cookie may be corrupt.  Please delete the cookie from your computer, and login again.

guider

Glad to hear it's local. I deleted one cookie, but that didn't solve it. Could you check ur pc to see what it looks like?

Orstio

It should look like this:

[email protected][1].txt

You will, of course, have to close all your browsers before deleting the cookie, or it might return.

guider

Ok, deleted all instances of the Cookie. Then I logged in. At first, I got this error:

Notice: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND g2.group_id='Registered'' at line 4 in /home/guidera/public_html/mambo/includes/database.php on line 184

Notice: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND g2.group_id='Administrator'' at line 4 in /home/guidera/public_html/mambo/includes/database.php on line 184

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/guidera/public_html/mambo/includes/database.php:184) in /home/guidera/public_html/smf/Sources/Subs.php on line 1249

Next, when I clicked Gegevens Wijzigen in one of the 'registered only' menus I was prompted to login. On next login, the menus were gone again. What's going on here?

Orstio

Did you previously have the PhpBB component for Mambo installed?

guider

No. Btw, what happens when you login and click that link?

Orstio

Clicking on the link that says "Gegevens Wijzigen " definitely messes up the cookie somehow.

guider

So guess it's not local anymore. This ain't good. What's the solution?

Orstio

guider

It leads to the page in Mambo where the user can change his name, email and password.

Orstio

Oh.  Well, you'll want to get rid of that, anyway.

If it changes the information in Mambo, the information in SMF will not change, and you will run into problems.

guider

Oh okay. Since it's obsolete, it's gone. Maybe put something in the Sticky about trashing that page?

However, a new problem shines through: When logging in this error appears:

Notice: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND g2.group_id='Registered'' at line 4 in /home/guidera/public_html/mambo/includes/database.php on line 184

Notice: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND g2.group_id='Administrator'' at line 4 in /home/guidera/public_html/mambo/includes/database.php on line 184

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/guidera/public_html/mambo/includes/database.php:184) in /home/guidera/public_html/smf/Sources/Subs.php on line 1249

Everything works fine when reloading at that page, but it looks horrible. What can we do to get those errors out of the way?

Orstio

Something has gone wrong with your ACL.  That was why I was wondering if you had ever had the PhpBB component installed.

Check your mos_core_acl_aro table for an entry for your name & user id #.  If there isn't one, you'll have to create it.

Then check your mos_core_acl_groups_aro_map table for the aro_id (from the mos_core_acl_aro table), and a group_id.  registered users usually have a group_id value of 18, and administrators have a value of 25.

guider

Ok about the mos_core_acl_aro table, this is displayed. I don't know anything about phpmyadmin, except for logging on to the damn thing. Could you tell me what to input where? (I guess on the Insert page, but it has over 20 billion options).
   Field  Type Attributes Null Default Extra Action
   aro_id  int(11)   No    auto_increment             
   section_value  varchar(240)   No  0               
   value  varchar(240)   No                 
   order_value  int(11)   No  0               
   name  varchar(255)   No                 
   hidden  int(11)   No  0 

And as for mos_core_acl_groups_aro_map, this is displayed:
Field  Type Attributes Null Default Extra Action
   group_id  int(11)   No  0               
   section_value  varchar(240)   No                 
   aro_id  int(11)   No  0   
Does that need modification too?

Orstio

When you are in the table, you need to click the Browse tab to see the entries.

You are currently just looking at the table structure.

Advertisement: