aro_id section_value value order_value name hidden
      10 users 62 0 Administrator 0
      15 users 67 0 James Caan 0
      17 users 69 0 Eric Baas 0
      18 users 70 0 testlogin 0
      19 users 0 0 testlogin123 0
      20 users 71 0 testlogin123 0
      21 users 72 0 Orstio 0

Note: 'name' shows the name each user can input. It isn't the same as the username. For adminaccount my username is guider.

And this for mos_core_acl_groups_aro_map:
  group_id section_value aro_id
      18   17
      18   18
      18   19
      18   21
      19   15
      25   10

Note: section_value is blank.
What goes where?

Kindred

we;;, the immediate problem that I see is that you have 2 entries for the testlogin123
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Orstio

Yep, users #19 and 20 are a problem.  User #19 has no value, and user #20 is not mapped to a user group.

guider

So deleting users 19 and 20 from the mos_core_acl_aro table should get us going?

Orstio

No, that will still give you errors.

Delete one of them, and make sure there is a corresponding entry for the other in both tables.

guider

So which do you suggest deleting (does it matter?), and what do I need to insert in what table?

guider

I just went nuts and let 'logic' dictate. I deleted 20 because that value seems to be missing in mos_core_acl_aro. So now we have one testlogin123 with matching aro's. However, the error still pops up:

Notice: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND g2.group_id='Registered'' at line 4 in /home/guidera/public_html/mambo/includes/database.php on line 184

Notice: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND g2.group_id='Administrator'' at line 4 in /home/guidera/public_html/mambo/includes/database.php on line 184

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/guidera/public_html/mambo/includes/database.php:184) in /home/guidera/public_html/smf/Sources/Subs.php on line 1249

Kindred

Now, you have to change the value for user 19...

Change it to 71
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Kindred

BTW: I found this from you over on Mambers.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I merged SMF and Mambo through the Bridge v2.2. Now, my 'registered only' menu won't display at all. I tried creating a new one but that won't appear either. I checked the settings and it says 'registered'... however no menu appears when logging in. I created a new account to see if that works but it didn't. How can we solve this? Thanks...

Answer:

Well, first of all, it looks like your login link is missing some text (it does not call mambo/index.php?option=com_smf, it just calls for mambo/?option=com_smf...

(BTW: Your "forgot password" link in SMF is incorrect.)

But after I login, I can see your "members only" menu listed below the login-box

Слaва
Украинi

guider

Yeah, I noticed that post just now. But that link does seem to be working (verify?) and, I don't know how to put this...

Problem Solved!! Thanks guys.

Kindred

yes, strangely enough, the link does seem to work... but it's bad form. :)
Слaва
Украинi

guider

Okay now that's solved another strange authentication issue.

I added submenus to the Forum link on my page. Some registered only, some public. It's like this:

Forum
- Messages [Registered]
- Profile [Registered]
- All Unread [Registered]
- User Unread [Registered]
- Search [Public]
- Help [Public]

Here's the story:

- When clicking Forum, the menu, unlike all others, will not expand.
- When adding Profile to 'Exclusieve Tips' as a submenu, clicking 'Exclusieve Tips' *will* show that submenu. However, clicking on Profile will make the menu collapse again.

Question: How do we get normal working Forum related sebmenus?

For some clicking around enter the site and login using
User: testlogin123
Pass: testlogin123

Kindred

How are you doing the menus?  Are you just using the basic Mambo menu system or do you have a menu module?

(personally, I really like the swfreemenu)
Слaва
Украинi

guider

Yeah basic Mambo is okay. Now we just need to do is get this thing going.

guider

Kindred

I'm not sure why it's not working for you... I have one instance running with the basic menu system and the sub-items get called and appear just fine....
Слaва
Украинi

guider

Forumrelated submenus? Did you see the difference on my site between regular static content subs and Forum-related ones?

Kindred

The only sub menu that I can see on your site is under "exclusieve Tips"

I have various sub menus...   you can check it out at http://aaw.turtleshellprod.com

It's still under construction, but I have the sub menus showing

Details for the froum are in sub menus under forums... and newsfeeds is a sub menu of news...   both work

And there are several regsitered only links in the forum submenu as well as some public ones
Слaва
Украинi

chadness

What menu type are you using for your links?  I'm guessing the Profile one goes away when you click on it because it's a Link-URL.

Why the other ones aren't expanding out, I'm not sure.  It might have to do with what menu type you are using for your Forum.

guider

@kindred: I see but ur using a menuaddon you said earlier. You're seeing only one submenu because the Forum-related ones ain't working. I'm hoping that in basic Mambo they can in combination with SMF menuitems.

@chadness: They're all Link-URL's as there's no other way of linking them (since they aren't mambo components).

Advertisement: