Authentication Issue after Merge

Started by guider, January 31, 2005, 05:36:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orstio

I think it's having something to do with your Mambo "Access" rights.  Try turning them all to public (just as an experiment) to see what happens.

Kindred

NO, on the AAW site, I am using the basic menus form Mambo...   at my other TSP site, I am using SWfreeMenu (which use DHTML to pull up sub menus)

but on AAW, the sub menus are working just fine, they appear whenever you hit the sub-site... In other words, anything that accessed the com_smf will force the submenus to be displayed.

BTW: I have 2 items set to public and 3 set to registered, in the sub menu under the forum link...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

guider

I got all set to Public now. No difference.

Orstio

Each menu that you create in Mambo creates a new menu module.

If you go to your Modules>Site Modules, you will see that module (Overig) in the list.  Edit it, and click on the parameters tab.  There is a radio button for "Expand Menu".  Set it to "Yes".

(I've done this for you, but I just thought I'd let everyone know how to do this.)

You can change your access rights back to whatever they were before.   ;D

guider

That's not how it should be. It should only open when Forum is clicked. Just like any other submenu in the 'Hoofdmenu'.

chadness

The only problem is that they are all type Link-URL.  Those don't make new modules, as it expects them to be external pages.  And since it treats them as external pages, it doesn't refresh Mambo's page to know that it should be expanding the menus.  I'm not sure how to better explain that.

Make your forum link a Component menu type.  Then it should expand when you click it.

guider

Ok, only the thing is that the Forum aint a component and can therefore not be selected a such. Unless you know how to do it manually...

chadness

Once you install the bridge, it should show up as an option as a component.

guider

Thanks, I was looking for it under Component Link. Got it now. Rightnow, the menu does expand like it should. Only upon clicking a forum-related URl-Link of the menu, it takes it to the appropriate pages, and the menu closes again. It should remain open. Can that be done?

chadness

I just tried it and it works OK on mine.  Did you make the links from scratch, or did you use the old ones and try changing their parent to your forum component?  Try making brand new menu items based on the URLs from going there through the forums.

guider

That doesn't work either. Clicking the Profile link for example will result in a collapsed menu. Guess it's just not meant to be :)

chadness

I'm not sure - it works fine on my development site:
http://aim.aiiresources.com/dev

Username: test111
password: test111

guider

Damn I fancy that! Too bad nobody know how...

Kindred

Guider....   I don't know what the problem on your site is...

the sub menus work properly for my site that uses basic mambo menus...   
but, you could try some of the alternate menu systems for Mambo...   SWFreeMenu is good, with pop-up/faded sub menus... DHTML menu is an interesting tree-structured one...   Tigra menu isn't too bad either...

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

guider

Really happy the way it looks now, not giving that up. If it's impossible I'll stick with the SMF toolbar. Was hoping for some under the hood tactics. Impossible perhaps.

Advertisement: