News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

any way to remove this queries from my database

Started by ekfaysal, October 03, 2008, 06:51:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ekfaysal

some months ago, i asked here that my urdu language is not suported by forum it shows only ??????
Then someone suggested me to execute this query

ALTER TABLE smf_attachments CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci;
ALTER TABLE smf_ban_groups CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci;
ALTER TABLE smf_ban_items CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci;
ALTER TABLE smf_board_permissions CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci;
ALTER TABLE smf_boards CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci;
ALTER TABLE smf_calendar CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci;
ALTER TABLE smf_calendar_holidays CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci;
ALTER TABLE smf_categories CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci;
ALTER TABLE smf_collapsed_categories CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci;
ALTER TABLE smf_log_actions CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci;
ALTER TABLE smf_log_activity CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci;
ALTER TABLE smf_log_banned CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci;
ALTER TABLE smf_log_boards CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci;
ALTER TABLE smf_log_errors CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci;
ALTER TABLE smf_log_floodcontrol CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci;
ALTER TABLE smf_log_karma CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci;
ALTER TABLE smf_log_mark_read CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci;
ALTER TABLE smf_log_notify CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci;
ALTER TABLE smf_log_online CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci;
ALTER TABLE smf_log_polls CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci;
ALTER TABLE smf_log_search_messages CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci;
ALTER TABLE smf_log_search_results CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci;
ALTER TABLE smf_log_search_subjects CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci;
ALTER TABLE smf_log_search_topics CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci;
ALTER TABLE smf_log_topics CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci;
ALTER TABLE smf_membergroups CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci;
ALTER TABLE smf_members CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci;
ALTER TABLE smf_message_icons CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci;
ALTER TABLE smf_messages CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci;
ALTER TABLE smf_moderators CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci;
ALTER TABLE smf_package_servers CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci;
ALTER TABLE smf_permissions CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci;
ALTER TABLE smf_personal_messages CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci;
ALTER TABLE smf_pm_recipients CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci;
ALTER TABLE smf_poll_choices CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci;
ALTER TABLE smf_polls CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci;
ALTER TABLE smf_sessions CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci;
ALTER TABLE smf_settings CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci;
ALTER TABLE smf_smileys CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci;
ALTER TABLE smf_themes CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci;
ALTER TABLE smf_topics CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci;

i did it
but i think this was to be done with 1.1.5 series and i have done it with smf2beta3
so when i go to forum maintanance ---> find and repair errors it says my database is not upgraded
any way to solve this problm??
im curruntly running smf2beta3.1
planing to upgrade to beta4.
i think it ll not happn untill  i solve this problm

so any way to remove this query?
from my database

Oldiesmann

What specific error are you getting?

You should have converted to UTF-8 through the admin center, and not through phpMyAdmin.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

ekfaysal

i tried through admin center
but it it showed converted but it was sstill not working

And it shows errors on those topics whch used special charactors..

Rumbaar

Not sure, but if the characters were 'lost' before the field could successfully store the UTF8 data correctly it might not be able to display now.  If you input the correct information and characters now, does it successfully store and display correctly?
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

Advertisement: