News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Try copying and pasting error messagages into a post

Started by nokonium, October 03, 2008, 04:22:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nokonium

With the wysiwyg editor on it is all over the place with lots of visible tags, with the editor turned off, it still is pretty raw and doesn't paste in as cleanly as in 1.1

Oldiesmann

What text are you trying to paste? Where are you copying this text from?

If you turn the WYSIWYG editor off before pasting the code, you'll just be getting a standard textarea, and the text should appear exactly as it does when you paste it in 1.1.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

nokonium

I was pasting error messages from the SMF2b4 error log into a test post.

Yes, if you post the same info into beta4 with the text editor off it is the same as with 1.1.

Off the original topic slightly, would it be possible to not have 'Apply Filter: Only show the error' 5 times  for each error in the copied information?

Rumbaar

If the [pre] tags are used, does it retain the formatting and correct appearances?
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

nokonium

The pasted error without the text editor wraps the lines, with [pre] there is no wrap.

Rumbaar

So is either method an outcome that is satisfactory?
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

nokonium

That isn't really the point, I'm just pointing out a problem with the pasting of error messages generated by SMF2.

If I were part of a support team on an SMF2 based board with the text editor active, I'd be concerned. If I were a developer and all user admins turned off the text editor because it caused problems, I'd be concerned.

Personally I'd like to see error messages paste as seen in the error log, that is without all the 'Apply Filter:' text.

Rumbaar

Well that is what the various bbcode is for, if that is what I'm getting what you talking about.

I know when I post code or logs I have them wrapped in code tags.

[ Themes ]

Advertisement: