News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Watched Users (Public?)

Started by CrimsonSun99, October 05, 2008, 12:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrimsonSun99

I've looked through all the permissions, and took a wander through the admin CP but I still cannot figure out how I would make it so that normal members/guests cannot see if a user is being watched.

As seen in on the following page, for the user znalost:
http://www.atheistnation.net/forums/index.php/topic,2508.0.html

I really don't think everyone needs to be in that persons business, just the people that make the decisions (me and my mods)

If this is currently unavailable, please point me in the right direction to make the change manually.

Thanks!

Kindred

I do not believe that the option is currently available.  The point of using the watch list is to let people know that they are being watched...

However, you would need to modify display.template.php and add a new permission.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

SgtMic

In your profile, you can set "Show others your online status to hidden. You can also enable this option for your mods.
That way you could keep an eye on normal members.
There is nothing more deadly than a US Marine and his rifle.
A close second is a US Marine and his K-BAR.
2/5 Fox Co.  (BlackHearts)
FAST Co. 5th Plt. (FIDO)

Kindred

sgt mike.... he's not talking about the online/offline marker...   he's talking about the user warning markers that indicates that a user has been warned to the watch-list.

CrimsonSun, 

you could change the display to
if($context['user']['is_admin'] || $context['user']['is_mod']) {
DISPLAY
}

That does not make a new permission, but it does only display to admins and moderators.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

CrimsonSun99

Thanks!

For anyone else: Go to ~line 370  in display.template.php and put that if statement around the warning status part

vagrant

does not
admin > security and moderation > moderation settings > Show warning status to all users

cover this ?

Advertisement: