News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

[Theme] Helios Multi (SMF v1.0.5 - 1.1RC2)

Started by bloc, September 22, 2004, 05:55:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Satsume

apollo was urs right? (from the top of my head), looksgood too!

And the colors do fit the theme dun they ;)
Have them in every theme, with all diff colors =D

have a lot of those, Expecting a lot of users after the 11th of october, therefor adding a lot of functions/layout options ;)

so thx again,
My forum [nofollow]

charlottezweb

Quote from: Bloc on September 23, 2004, 08:54:00 AM
Yes, I visited your site and it does suit the theme.. ;) Great effect for such a dark theme really. And really nice to see my other theme there too. :)

...except for the smf install in the phpbb2 folder :P  yukkk!   :D

Satsume

*crawls in with abucket of shame hanging around his neck*

yeah i know, I left a few links on another board in SK (StarKingdoms),
Back then it was phpbb2, then I saw this bb and I completaly freaked out as this one is much better...

ah no need for excuses, it looks really shamefull on a great bb...

soory  :-[
My forum [nofollow]

Burpee

Maybe redirect from the phpBB folder to a SMF folder with this tool?

charlottezweb

Quote from: Satsume on September 23, 2004, 09:46:45 AM
ah no need for excuses, it looks really shamefull on a great bb...

Ah no worries, I was just giving you a hard time :)

-Jason

Satsume

Quote from: Burpee on September 23, 2004, 09:59:30 AM
Maybe redirect from the phpBB folder to a SMF folder with this tool?

Tru tru, tho I already installed it back then, I could mask the adress bar ;)
tho then I'd have to do that after each refresh which is a server blowing option ;)

thx neway,
Sat
My forum [nofollow]

RCHawaii

I added a thumbnail as well. no big deal :P

Satsume

Altho you deny users to change theme's ;)
so u dun need a thumbnail  :P

jus messin =D

I wonder where Bloc is of to he said he was cheking right?
hmm...
My forum [nofollow]

Burpee

Quote from: Satsume on September 23, 2004, 10:05:25 AM
Tru tru, tho I already installed it back then, I could mask the adress bar ;)
tho then I'd have to do that after each refresh which is a server blowing option ;)

thx neway,
Sat

Umm...  :-[
I don't exactly get what you mean  :-[

Satsume

What I meant to say is I could mask the adress bar by filling it with an other web adress each page, but this takes a refresh on almost every action, so this would be a nuisiance if I have a lot of users on my web,

and since al my pages are situated in phpbb2 folder now i can't just make a new folder and replace evrything just like that =S
My forum [nofollow]

roboter88

Hi Satsume :)

Well i had exactly the same problematic szenario with a wrong SMF folder (i used 2 dirs 1st smf and phpBB2 -test install then i kept it liek this a while :) ). Well its not big deal to fix it!

Mybe this topic helps
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=16166.0

I fixed it with checking all LINKAGE inside the admin area.
Also i had to manuel update my SQL.
Todo so make a backup of your existing database and then open it with some editor.
Now 1st check if their after you changed the directorys inside the admin area still wrong (old) pathing.
Search for eg. phpBB
Now when their still pathing to the old directory replace all wrong pathing with the new.
eg. replace: phpBB with SMF -> save new and copy/past inside eg phpMyAdmin as sql query. Before this u must drop all bbs related tables...so keep the backup - just incase :)

cheers

Burpee

You can move your forum from one folder to another. I have never done this myself but I'm certain it's possible and shouldn't be all that hard. I'll tell you what I think you should do.
First upload the file "repair_settings.php" (link to download page) to your /phpbb/ directory. Then create another folder named /phpbbtmp/ (or anything else). Download this tool and open redirect-settings.php with notepad. At the bottom you can find a the text "$forumurl = '';" . Replace this line with "$forumurl = 'http://mt.mxhost.net/SK/forum/';;".
Now you need to upload these redirection files to the directory /phpbbtmp/. You're getting close to the end now.
Open your ftp program and rename "phpbb" to "forum" and rename "phpbbtmp" to "phpbb" and then open your browser, go to http://mt.mxhost.net/SK/forum/repair_settings.php and run it...
Wow this story ended up being a bit too long and I'm not even 100% sure that repair_settings.php will fix it... :D

bloc

Ok, updated the file with the right thumbnail. It is the same as the one displayed in the overview of themes in this board...same name too, so it can be just saved over the old one.

freedomfry

Nice work Bloc!  I just put up my first SMH board yesterday (oh, the joys of configuring MySQL and PHP on a Win2K server!) and used Helios as my theme .... tweaked the quotation parameters a little and adopted a different smilies set, but so far my viewers really like the look!

hxxp:www.tallguyz.com/smf/index.php [nonactive]

roboter88

I noticed a small flaw with the news fader color (<div id="smfFadeScroller"...).

You need to change the code inside /SMF/Themes/Helios/BoardIndex.template.php
on line 46 from #000000 -> #FFFFFF (white).

thx + cheers

RCHawaii

yep thanks for that robot-caught that as well..
Re: #000000 -> #FFFFFF (white).

bloc

Thanks for the bug - I will correct it.

Satsume

@ Burpee,

thx, it worked,
well partially of course, seeing u'd have to re-install all the themes =S
It sets only the default one in to the new dir...

neway, after a bit o' work i fixed it so thx!
My forum [nofollow]

Burpee

Axion

probably the best theam on here well done you deserve a pat on the back

i love it when you get somethink different

Advertisement: