News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

[Theme] Helios Multi (SMF v1.0.5 - 1.1RC2)

Started by bloc, September 22, 2004, 05:55:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bloc

There was a period where the positions did'nt work properly , and I posted that fix. But it is in the archive now. So you should just overwrite your index.template.php file with the newest, and see if it shows the way you want it to show.

Its a bit easier for me to show you how to arrange things if you use the same file as I do... ;)

Lunar Vixen

bloc

Just take it from the archive in first post of this thread. Its always the latest version of the theme there.

Lunar Vixen

I downloaded it again (Though today is the first time I've downloaded it at all).. and uploaded it to the theme folder online.. I haven't made any changes, at all.. it is as you've created it..

And the News is enabled... but it still doesn't show..

http://www.con-version.org/forum

bloc

Have you set "location of logo" to "top" and "enable news" in admin section / current theme settings? AND put in some news items in "edit forum news" - also in admin section?

If you check this link, this is what should appear then.. http://www.bloczone.net/smf/index.php?theme=5

Lunar Vixen

Yep... Logo is set to top.. news is enabled.. and it's currently supposed to be informing people of when and where the next meeting is... but it doesn't show...

when I had cut and copied the code you had on pg 5 post 2.. it was showing there.. but it's height was not matching the Userbox Height...

Dragon Gamer

Thanks alot for that it's very useful.
Jason-Marc Labban
Graphic Maker...Sigs, Avatars, Banners and Buttons.

Neo Hacks

Atom

Great theme!

Imo the oustanding theme available for SMF - good work.

Retell

I love your theme, but can you update it to 1.0.2 and add it to the portal install???

Retell ;)
Retell ;)

bloc

You do not need a updated theme, because there are nothing to update in the actual theme. Nothing  in the theme files were changed in the update from 1.0.1 to 1.0.2.. :)

As for adding it to the TinyPortal install routine, it will not happen. The mod will just contain support for the default theme. Reasons for this is that not everyone have Helios installed, but they all have the default theme installed. And the helios theme folder could be named something else....making it impossible to actual find it by name on every .

But I am planning to release a special version of Helios to work with the mod. Its essentially just index.template.php that need to be modified a bit.

Midgard

I remember Helios Prime Planet from Vin Diesel's Riddick movie :P ;)

bloc

Thats right..! :) I did not know that. But the name Helios is actually a sun god, same with Apollo. ;)

Retell

Quote from: Bloc on February 16, 2005, 03:57:22 AM
You do not need a updated theme, because there are nothing to update in the actual theme. Nothing  in the theme files were changed in the update from 1.0.1 to 1.0.2.. :)

As for adding it to the TinyPortal install routine, it will not happen. The mod will just contain support for the default theme. Reasons for this is that not everyone have Helios installed, but they all have the default theme installed. And the helios theme folder could be named something else....making it impossible to actual find it by name on every .

But I am planning to release a special version of Helios to work with the mod. Its essentially just index.template.php that need to be modified a bit.

TNX that was all i was lookin for :)
Retell ;)

Midgard

Quote from: Bloc on February 16, 2005, 06:08:24 AM
Thats right..! :) I did not know that. But the name Helios is actually a sun god, same with Apollo. ;)

Do you remember prison? I can't remember name... That's great

(For more information: http://www.thechroniclesofriddick.com/)

:P

Retell

I liked The chronicles of riddick pitch black better than The chronicles of riddick ;)
Retell ;)

Retell

arghh i am tryig to get it to work on my own but it wont  >:(
Retell ;)

Dragon Gamer

i was wondering something....is it also compatible with say the SHOP and ARCADE mods.

I wanna know before i go nuts and start installing mods all over the place with this theme you know.
Jason-Marc Labban

Neo Hacks

bloc

I am not sure...if they have their own template - no problem. if they modify something in Display view, MessageIndex,index or BoardIndex, you will have to add that to Helios too.

Look at the mods install files, and then apply it to Helios if needed.

Dragon Gamer

thanx very much...it will be useful.
Jason-Marc Labban

Neo Hacks

HangDawg

Big thanks for your theme and for Button-generator  :)
But can you make support for russian language in Button-generator for Helios?
This one http://www.vennekroken.net/bloc/apollo.php [nofollow] works properly
but that one http://www.vennekroken.net/bloc/helios.php [nofollow] print spaces instead of cyrillic symbols.

Advertisement: