[Theme] Helios Multi (SMF v1.0.5 - 1.1RC2)

Started by bloc, September 22, 2004, 05:55:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bloc

The problem is the font I use for Helios ..it does not contain support for cyrillic symbols. But I will add another font that do use them.

EDIT: added a option of using a font that support cyrillic sign/charachters. Let me know if its not working properly.

http://www.vennekroken.net/bloc/helios.php

HangDawg

ajk

Very COOL!

I haven't been around in a while, but very nice work.
We'll be using them on a support BBS.

Andy Knifel

ajk

hi Bloc,

I've been searching for the Install Instructions on these sets.
Can you point them out for me?

I may not be using the correct search terms.

Thanks
Andy Knifel

bloc

Do you mean how to install the theme..? Or how to use the extra color versions?

samiskl

Uh... Hi. I've been trying to upload this theme for a while now (silver) and it doesn't work. Am i doing something wrong? Can someone help?

bloc

The silver pack is just an update of ONE of the folders of the whole theme. So you need to install the regular theme first, then just replace "pod" folder  with the silver pack.

But I have decided to make a Helios with all the color versions in it. Hopefully it will be ready later today.

crank0r

thanks for the great theme bloc im using silver, and am very happy with the look , also used your button generator to make an arcade button, again great work there, thanks alot...

here is a link to my site incase anyone wants to see a site running with helios silver...

www.crank0r.com

dtm.exe

I am using the Helios Red theme on my clan's website ( www.closecombatsquad.com ).  I've replaced most of the images I wanted replaced, some of which included the New Post indicator pictures that are displayed to the left of the board.  I made it so that boards with old posts said Old and I replaced the on.gif with my own image so that it displayed boards with new posts with the image I made.  The Old Posts picture works, although the New Posts picture DOES NOT WORK.  I tried replacing on.gif AND on2.gif with my own images but it STILL would not work.  Sorry if I confused anyone.  Any suggestions?

-Dan The Man

bloc

Did you only modify the images, or did you modify some of the code too?

Sys_ZERO

Ermm.. Where is forum news ???

Thank You

bloc

To show it, or edit it?

Edit it:    admin/edit forum news
Show it:  admin/current theme settings/enable news
Helios - placing it: (depends on) admin/current theme settings/location of logo

dtm.exe

Quote from: Bloc on February 26, 2005, 08:57:34 PM
Did you only modify the images, or did you modify some of the code too?

I modified the images with your nice little image generator.  They seem to be working now for some reason.  Hmm...thanks for your help.

-Dan The Man

dustrho

I have installed this theme and I absolutely love it!  However, I'm curious to know how I would place a JPG banner at the very top of my page.  It would need to be centered, linkable to our site's homepage, and I would need to know where to place the code in the template.  Could someone please help me with this?  Thank you!!!

bloc

Just go into admin / current themes settings / topbar - and put in any html code you might have. It will appear on top.

dustrho

Quote from: Bloc on March 01, 2005, 07:00:32 AM
Just go into admin / current themes settings / topbar - and put in any html code you might have. It will appear on top.

Awesome Bloc!  Thanks a bunch!

Now I have another question regarding this.  Every page looks great on our site EXCEPT when you're in the actual threads themselves.  I have attached three screenshots below to hopefully explain what I'm talking about, and have explained in detail further below what help I'm in need of.

Screenshot #1
This looks great with no problems whatsoever.

Screenshot #2
This looks great with no problems whatsoever.

Screenshot #3
Problems here... explained better below.

See the difference between your screenshot and mine (#3)?  I want mine to look like yours, and I haven't edited the code at all.  If need I can email you what I have, but I really want the look to be continuous and flowing throughout all the different pages in the forums.  If it's a code issue could you please let me know what I need to change.  I do understand that I'm using your Gold version, and I think your screenshot is just the original Helios theme, correct?  Maybe that's why their appearance is different?

BTW... this is by far the BEST theme out there!  Outstanding work!!!   :D

bloc

hm..I can't see the screenshots from you, only my own there....

dustrho

Quote from: Bloc on March 01, 2005, 11:11:17 AM
hm..I can't see the screenshots from you, only my own there....

Bloc, they're not showing up because I'm having an attachment problem with my recent upgrade form YabbSE to SMF.  I've created a new thread requesting help for this problem here.

I can email you the screenshots if you'd like.   :-\

bloc

That link instead of the picture is a safety precaution in SMF. Doing this will prevent  hotlinking pictures from your site. Only members will see them, as it should be.

But just email the pictures to me and i will have a look.

dustrho

Quote from: Bloc on March 01, 2005, 11:55:05 AM
That link instead of the picture is a safety precaution in SMF. Doing this will prevent  hotlinking pictures from your site. Only members will see them, as it should be.

I don't care about the hotlinking of pictures from my site.  This is the only feasible way to upload images onto our FTP server, so that I can use those images on our front page.  I don't have FTP access here at work.  :(  Can I make is so that it doesn't protect those images, and instead be a direct link to the GIF or JPG file?

Quote from: Bloc on March 01, 2005, 11:55:05 AMBut just email the pictures to me and i will have a look.

Just emailed you three screenshots Bloc.  Thanks!   :)

Advertisement: