News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

[Theme] Helios Multi (SMF v1.0.5 - 1.1RC2)

Started by bloc, September 22, 2004, 05:55:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bloc

I got them and looked at them...essentially the original is the same as the gold one except for the color of course.

The reason there are no "container" of metal on the actual posts display, is that i wanted them to be as wide as possible. Therefore it was left out there.

dustrho

Quote from: Bloc on March 01, 2005, 01:42:44 PM
The reason there are no "container" of metal on the actual posts display, is that i wanted them to be as wide as possible. Therefore it was left out there.

So why is the that screenshot I sent you different than the one you posted in your first post of this thread?  They're different, and I would much rather have it this way...

Any chance of sharing the code that makes it look like that?

HangDawg

Sory, but can you explain me, how to make the forum background color black?
I run SMF with Mambo and Mambo's backgound is much brighter so some parts of forum looks not too nice %)
Thanks.
(and sory for my realy bad english)

dtm.exe

I LOVE THIS THEME!  Check out my website!  I'm running Helios Red on SMF 1.0.2.

http://closecombatsquad.com/

-Dan The Man

Kindred

Quote from: HangDawg on March 03, 2005, 04:48:26 PM
Sory, but can you explain me, how to make the forum background color black?
I run SMF with Mambo and Mambo's backgound is much brighter so some parts of forum looks not too nice %)
Thanks.
(and sory for my realy bad english)

Take this to the Mambo forum here...    this has been answered MANY times.

The short answer is:  You have to edit your mambo and SMF CSS files so they do not conflict.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

bloc

Quote from: dustrho on March 01, 2005, 02:12:39 PM
Quote from: Bloc on March 01, 2005, 01:42:44 PM

So why is the that screenshot I sent you different than the one you posted in your first post of this thread? They're different, and I would much rather have it this way...

Any chance of sharing the code that makes it look like that?

I still don't understand what difference you mean here..the graphics is all that is changed between original Helios and Gold Helios. Is it something different with some color...? or the placement of certain things?

When I replied last time, I assumed you meant that Boardindex looked different than Display(posts display), and explained that difference. But if that is not what you meant, you have to show me more in detail.

dustrho

Bloc,

I'm sorry if I am confusing you here.  The differences between the two screenshots (below) are when you're viewing a thread in the forums.  Look closely at the two images.  If these aren't good enough, then I'll try to explain them in further detail for you.  LMK.  Thanks!

bloc

Hm..that looks like something is missing. Have you tried to manually upload all the template files for helios again? And then upload the "pod" folder from the gold archive to the same folder inside the Themes/Helios(?)/images , overwriting the "pod" folder already there?

From what I can see..it seems like BoardIndex.template.php is not the one from Helios..or that it don't have access to some of the images.

dustrho

Bloc, that fixed it!  You rock dude!!!   :D

Now I have another question about something else here.  What file needs to be edited in order to an advertisement, special news story, image/photo of the week, in the area (below) that's highlighted in yellow?  I've seen other boards use this extra "dead" or wasted space before.  Thanks!

DomP

here [nofollow] you can see the site yourself
As you can see something goes wrong wih the theme when I am using safari, I know IE for mac does it right do you know how to fix this ?

Tia

dustrho

Quote from: DomP on March 04, 2005, 01:56:22 PM

here you can see the site yourself
As you can see something goes wrong wih the theme when I am using safari, I know IE for mac does it right do you know how to fix this ?

Maybe try using Firefox instead?

DomP

Same poblem with firefox  ;)

Edit to add: same problem with Camino, Mozilla, Netscape, Opera, iCab ans Shiira

dustrho

Have you tried copying all the necessary files using FTP?  I had numerous problems installing themes using the SMF upload utility, but doing it via FTP worked flawlessly.

Now back to my request...

Quote from: dustrho on March 04, 2005, 08:50:29 AM
Now I have another question about something else here. What file needs to be edited in order to an advertisement, special news story, image/photo of the week, in the area (below) that's highlighted in yellow? I've seen other boards use this extra "dead" or wasted space before. Thanks!

DomP

Quote from: dustrho on March 04, 2005, 02:23:06 PM
Have you tried copying all the necessary files using FTP?  I had numerous problems installing themes using the SMF upload utility, but doing it via FTP worked flawlessly.

I always use ftp to be sure i don't get those problems  :-X

HangDawg

Quote from: kindred on March 03, 2005, 05:27:38 PM
Take this to the Mambo forum here...    this has been answered MANY times.

The short answer is:  You have to edit your mambo and SMF CSS files so they do not conflict.

No-no-no... The question actually is: how to put all forum ina table?
Like that:

What should I change in templete to do it? So I can set the table background to black.

bloc

Quote from: DomP on March 04, 2005, 02:25:33 PM

I always use ftp to be sure i don't get those problems :-X
I think the problem is that you have a space in your Helios folder name - like "Helios folder". Try to change that to "Helios_folder" and adjust the path in admin section as well.

The image is there, but I think the CSS background style get the path wrong.

bloc

Quote from: HangDawg on March 04, 2005, 03:27:03 PM

What should I change in templete to do it? So I can set the table background to black.

If you are going to do put the forum in a table, you will need to look at index.template.php in the forum theme folder - like {forum}/Themes/Helios(?) and possibly style.css.

Basically you can just find the <body> and </body> tags and set a <table width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="background-color: #000000"><tr><td> right after <body>. You may have to edit out the body style in style.css, on margins.

HangDawg

Quote from: Bloc on March 04, 2005, 04:39:44 PM
Basically you can just find the <body> and </body> tags and set a <table width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="background-color: #000000"><tr><td> right after <body>.
Thanks!  :D

DomP

Quote from: Bloc on March 04, 2005, 04:18:26 PM
Quote from: DomP on March 04, 2005, 02:25:33 PM

I always use ftp to be sure i don't get those problems :-X
I think the problem is that you have a space in your Helios folder name - like "Helios folder". Try to change that to "Helios_folder" and adjust the path in admin section as well.

The image is there, but I think the CSS background style get the path wrong.

Thanks that did it ;)

Funny to see how stubborn IE is in those case  >:(

dustrho

Anybody?   ???

Quote from: dustrho on March 04, 2005, 08:50:29 AM
Now I have another question about something else here. What file needs to be edited in order to an advertisement, special news story, image/photo of the week, in the area (below) that's highlighted in yellow? I've seen other boards use this extra "dead" or wasted space before. Thanks!

Advertisement: