[Theme] Helios Multi (SMF v1.0.5 - 1.1RC2)

Started by bloc, September 22, 2004, 05:55:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dtm.exe

Quote from: Appamatix on May 10, 2005, 08:53:05 AM
How do you gather all the zip files together so you can install everything at one time, not sure. You know the additional upshrink buttons and all. Or will the admin panel know what to do with those files, and if this is so what and where do you find that on your admin pane.? ;)

Unfortunately, that must be done manually.  Extract the theme and it's modifications and combine them.  Once combined, re-zip the files (with NO subfolder) and upload the Zip file through your Admin panel.

-Dan The Man

bloc

Helios is now updated to a multi-color theme, changing to all the color variations in easy to click buttons on top. Also added adjustable width and centering the theme. Plus easier addition of extra buttons.

Take a look at first post for details.

alymid

I just installed the new multitheme, and it doesn't work properly - it appears that the grapics are linked in my numbered directories, but the actual directories seem to have color names . . . I am just figuring this out now . . . but otherwise this is a really nice looking theme.

jazz

bloc

Quote from: alymid on May 13, 2005, 02:58:40 PM
I just installed the new multitheme, and it doesn't work properly - it appears that the grapics are linked in my numbered directories, but the actual directories seem to have color names . . . I am just figuring this out now . . . but otherwise this is a really nice looking theme.

uhm..that sounds strange..it should search for the theme folder/pod/colorname..not any numbers.

bloc

Quote from: jazz on May 13, 2005, 03:38:22 PM
Will this be updated for use with TP?
Yes, I will update it for TinyPortal.

raedzaro

Quote from: Bloc on May 13, 2005, 07:41:47 PM
Quote from: alymid on May 13, 2005, 02:58:40 PM

uhm..that sounds strange..it should search for the theme folder/pod/colorname..not any numbers.

I had the same my dear

bloc

raedzaro

Quote from: Bloc on May 14, 2005, 02:06:19 PM
Do you have some links I can see?
my test forum

forum.jo-dir.com
user name and pass will pm to you

Mike Frith

this is my favorite theme, i had it installed on my forum before, but the server went down and it got deleted, great work there, love it

Gary

Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

Mike Frith

3fifty

Im not sure if this has been posted, I read a few pages and got tired of reading.

In IE6 if I goto my forums I can see all the graphics.  When I click on the color chooser everything immediately goes to "x"s.  If I close the browser and reopen it the images come back.  In Firefox they all work fine.

This is on two forums:
http://www.nctuners.com/forum/
http://www.dirtyjeeps.com/forum/

ANY help would be appreciated!
Thank You.

In my Cpanel I checked my error log.  It saying that images in /home/nctuners/public_html/forum/Themes/helios_multi/images/pod/ are not there.  For instance:

[Thu May 19 19:40:02 2005] [error] [client 69.132.108.103] File does not exist: /home/nctuners/public_html/forum/Themes/helios_multi/images/pod/titlebg.gif
[Thu May 19 19:40:02 2005] [error] [client 69.132.108.103] File does not exist: /home/nctuners/public_html/forum/Themes/helios_multi/images/pod/catbg.gif
[Thu May 19 19:38:59 2005] [error] [client 69.132.64.115] Directory index forbidden by rule: /home/nctuners/public_html/forum/Themes/helios_multi/images/
[Thu May 19 19:38:59 2005] [error] [client 69.132.64.115] File does not exist: /home/nctuners/public_html/forum/Themes/helios_multi/images/pod/titlebg.gif
[Thu May 19 19:38:59 2005] [error] [client 69.132.64.115] File does not exist: /home/nctuners/public_html/forum/Themes/helios_multi/images/pod/catbg.gif
[Thu May 19 19:38:56 2005] [error] [client 69.132.108.103] File does not exist: /home/nctuners/public_html/forum/Themes/helios_multi/images/pod/titlebg.gif
[Thu May 19 19:38:56 2005] [error] [client 69.132.108.103] File does not exist: /home/nctuners/public_html/forum/Themes/helios_multi/images/pod/catbg.gif
[Thu May 19 19:38:50 2005] [error] [client 67.35.172.153] File does not exist: /home/nctuners/public_html/forum/Themes/helios_multi/images/pod/catbg.gif

I go look under /public_html/forum/Themes/helios_multi/images/pod/ to see whats there.  I have the color named folders but no graphics at all.  So its looking for the graphics under /pod/ but not under /pod/green/ or /pod/blue/, etc....

What do I do?  I love this theme and spent alot of time today customizing it.

bloc

hm..it sounds like the color choice somehow get lost. It should not..but a quick solution is to simply copy whats in one of the color pods into the regular pod directory, so you have a fallback.

I will check to see if I can duplicate this on my site.

bloc

It does seem to be a problem with IE..I will find a solution and update/post when i have it.

3fifty

Thanks for the quick respons Bloc.  Ill copy the files like you said for now.

bloc

Ok, I found the bug - and a solution. It seems that IE don't send values in submit buttons that are of the type "image" - which i use. FF does not mind though.

So i have adjusted it to use the normal on Firefox, but rather colored submit buttons on IE instead. It should now search the right folder for its files.

You can either uplaod the whole archive again, or just exchange the index.tempalte.php file attached. The change made are this:

Find this:
         <input style="border: solid 1px #808080;" type="image" src="'.$settings['images_url'].'/thumbs/brown.jpg" value="brown" name="options[theme_color]" onclick="this.form.submit();">
         <input style="border: solid 1px #808080;" type="image" src="'.$settings['images_url'].'/thumbs/red.jpg" value="red" name="options[theme_color]" onclick="this.form.submit();">
         <input style="border: solid 1px #808080;" type="image" src="'.$settings['images_url'].'/thumbs/golden.jpg" value="golden" name="options[theme_color]" onclick="this.form.submit();">
         <input style="border: solid 1px #808080;" type="image" src="'.$settings['images_url'].'/thumbs/green.jpg" value="green" name="options[theme_color]" onclick="this.form.submit();">
         <input style="border: solid 1px #808080;" type="image" src="'.$settings['images_url'].'/thumbs/blue.jpg" value="blue" name="options[theme_color]" onclick="this.form.submit();">
         <input style="border: solid 1px #808080;" type="image" src="'.$settings['images_url'].'/thumbs/silver.jpg" value="silver" name="options[theme_color]" onclick="this.form.submit();">

And exchange with this:
         <input style="border: solid 1px #808080; background-color: #503000; color: #503000; font-size: 6px;" type="' , $context['browser']['is_ie'] ? 'submit' : 'image' , '" src="'.$settings['images_url'].'/thumbs/brown.jpg" value="brown" name="options[theme_color]">
         <input style="border: solid 1px #808080; background-color: #600000; color: #600000; font-size: 6px;" type="' , $context['browser']['is_ie'] ? 'submit' : 'image' , '" src="'.$settings['images_url'].'/thumbs/red.jpg" value="red" name="options[theme_color]">
         <input style="border: solid 1px #808080; background-color: #908000; color: #908000; font-size: 6px;" type="' , $context['browser']['is_ie'] ? 'submit' : 'image' , '" src="'.$settings['images_url'].'/thumbs/golden.jpg" value="golden" name="options[theme_color]">
         <input style="border: solid 1px #808080; background-color: #005000; color: #005000; font-size: 6px;" type="' , $context['browser']['is_ie'] ? 'submit' : 'image' , '" src="'.$settings['images_url'].'/thumbs/green.jpg" value="green" name="options[theme_color]">
         <input style="border: solid 1px #808080; background-color: #000040; color: #000040; font-size: 6px;" type="' , $context['browser']['is_ie'] ? 'submit' : 'image' , '" src="'.$settings['images_url'].'/thumbs/blue.jpg" value="blue" name="options[theme_color]">
         <input style="border: solid 1px #808080; background-color: #606060; color: #606060; font-size: 6px;" type="' , $context['browser']['is_ie'] ? 'submit' : 'image' , '" src="'.$settings['images_url'].'/thumbs/silver.jpg" value="silver" name="options[theme_color]">

3fifty

Works!  Thanks again for the fast response and solution!

raedzaro

thanks Bloc,

its works fine with me you can check it at the forum.jo-dir.com
with the same access codes....

but as I'm runing and arabic forum [text from right to left] can I advise what I have to change and how could I make it?

Mike Frith

Hey, I have installed the helios Multi and I was wondering if you had a button that i can put on for the SMF Arcade, thank you

Advertisement: