[Theme] Helios Multi (SMF v1.0.5 - 1.1RC2)

Started by bloc, September 22, 2004, 05:55:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnnytuffguy

Bloc:

How do I get the donate and download mods to work with this theme? The buttons won't add on. Thanks for any help.

JTG

bloc

How does the mods modify default theme?

You need to do that manually to the Helios theme files too. But if its just adding buttons with links you are thinking of, there are 3 extra button-"spots" in "current theme settings" of Helios that you can use.

bloc

The pre-modded version of Helios is updated. It doesn't use file_exists function to check if mods are installed anymore, just variables.

bloc

Helios Multi is now updated to be used with SMF 1.1beta3. Note that download versions for BOTH 1.0.5 and 1.1beta3 exists and that the pre-modded version of Helios is ONLY for 1.0.5.

See first post for details.

Johnnytuffguy

Hey Bloc:

I'm using Helios Multi 11 with the new version of smf 1.1 beta 3. I can't seem to find the drop down menu to change the template color. Is it available on this version? Thanks.

JTG

bloc

Its not using a drop down..just press the little colored boxes in top right corner.

pierse

I do not have multiple color boxes to change the colors.  I downloaded the one for 1.1 beta 3.  :(

seammer

I used Helios Multi 11, running v1.0.5, no color choices for me. Also, I get this error when trying to post an event in the calendar,
" 2: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
File: /home/seammer/public_html/forum/Themes/HeliosMulti/Calendar.template.php (eval?)
Line: 130"

Could you please tell me how to change the name that is listed for the Forum? I have it set on the Site name, but wish to change it.

bloc

pierse:
After going through the archive it seems I made a mix-up of some files..so I went over them again and updated them. I suggest just download the 1.1 version one more time (its updated) , and remove all template files ,and upload the new ones. Be sure to reomove them all, since 2 files should not be there at all.

Or simply uninstall and re-install this new one. Sorry for the confusion there.

seammer:
Don't install the 1.1 version on a 1.0.5 forum. They are different, thats why I have 2 versions. The 1.0.5 version CAN work on 1.1 forum, but not the other way around. Plus of course the error I have corrected, as pierse reported.

Johnnytuffguy

Bloc:

Is there a current version of "Users online today" that works with the newest Helios version. After a fresh install of SMF 1.1 beta 3 and helios multi11, I tried to install "Users online today 1.3" but during install I receive two error messages:

Execute Modification Sources/Stats.php Test failed

Execute Modification Themes/default/Stats.template.php Test failed

Any ideas?

Thanks.

JTG

bloc

Helios does not use Stats.template.php at all, and the Stats.php is a source file.

Its SMF 1.1 the mod won't install on. Probably because the code has changed, and the package manager can't find the right code to replace.

StormFire

when using the pod version (i have downloaded the latest one) when trying to change to a different pod colour all the coloured images refuse to load even when I switch back to the original colour..

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Also it says that the theme is for Beta 3 and not beta 3 public...

bloc

Its for public beta3 but should work on all 1.1 versions. Do you have a link which I can check upon?

DAB Empire

If I attempt to edit the template I get errors like the following:

QuoteAn Error Has Occurred!
Unable to load the 'edit_browse' template.

Using 1.1 beta 3.  Any help?  Thanks.   :)

neokid029

How would I be able to change the font for the boards to a different font?

Ex. Changing the font for everything to  Arial

bloc

Try to look in style.css for "body" tag and change "font-family" values to for example Arial.

neokid029

So for example, it'd be font-family: Arial, Arial, Arial; ?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

bloc

It won't be wrong..but there is no need for it. And if someone don't have Arial on their system, its nice to set a second choice like helvetica or sans-serif at least. Although that too won't "break" anything if its missing.

Johnnytuffguy

Can someone tell me how to go about making menu buttons that match Bloc's Helios theme? I want to add three buttons but I want them to match the theme. Thanks.

JTG

Advertisement: