[Theme] Helios Multi (SMF v1.0.5 - 1.1RC2)

Started by bloc, September 22, 2004, 05:55:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gargoyle

Hello. I have recently installed this forum software and the Helios theme. My users love it to pieces and they have one requested change.

On our old forum http://www.autoservltd.com/sssc the posts are seperated from one another by a space. I provided a link so you could see what I am talking about.

I would like to do this to the Helios theme as well but I have no clue where to even begin.

Any help will be appreciated.

Slowmac

Are some of the descriptions for the check boxes missing in the theme settings???

dtm.exe

Quote from: Slowmac on July 06, 2005, 12:38:02 AM
Are some of the descriptions for the check boxes missing in the theme settings???

[Image clipped]

Which version of SMF are you running?  Is your version of the Helios theme compatible with the version of SMF you've currently running?

-Dan The Man

bloc

Quote from: Johnnytuffguy on July 05, 2005, 10:05:53 PM
Can someone tell me how to go about making menu buttons that match Bloc's Helios theme? I want to add three buttons but I want them to match the theme. Thanks.

JTG

There is button-generator for Helios over at http://www.bloczone.net/button-generator/helios.php which you can use.

bloc

Quote from: Gargoyle on July 05, 2005, 11:55:54 PM
Hello. I have recently installed this forum software and the Helios theme. My users love it to pieces and they have one requested change.

On our old forum http://www.autoservltd.com/sssc the posts are seperated from one another by a space. I provided a link so you could see what I am talking about.

I would like to do this to the Helios theme as well but I have no clue where to even begin.

This is not too hard to make..but it requires adding a little code. Open up Display.template.php and find this:
                echo '
                <table width="100%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" border="0">
                        <tr><td class="', $message['alternate'] == 0 ? 'windowbg' : 'windowbg2', '">';

// Show information about the poster of this message.

then just add a break or 2 right before <table> tag , like  ...<br /><table width.... If you also want to have slight border around each, I would suggest adding this to the <table> as well:  <table width="100%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" border="0" style="border: solid 1px #606060;">

bloc

Quote from: Slowmac on July 06, 2005, 12:38:02 AM

No, they should be there.

Check that you have a "Themes/Helios(?)/languages/Settings.english.php - and if you do, check that it contains approx. 20+ lines. If not, you need to exchange yours with the one in the archive. All strings are contained there.

jazz

Is it possible to remove the login option from the board index?  I'm using Mambo right now, and I've found that when users log in from the forum index they are not being bridged to the Mambo user table.

I'd like to keep the user information there once logged in, but I don't want to give the option to log in from there.  Can this be done?

bloc

Yes, by excahnging the login form with either nothing - or a small message that syas "log in from Mambo" or something. You need to find this code:
        // Otherwise they're a guest - so politely ask them to register or login.
        else
        {
                echo '
                                                        ', $txt['welcome_guest'], '<br />

<form action="', $scripturl, '?action=login2" method="post" style="margin: 3px 1ex 1px 0; text-align:left;">
                                                                <input type="text" name="user" size="10" /> <input type="password" name="passwrd" size="10" />
                                                                <select name="cookielength">
                                                                        <option value="60">', $txt['smf53'], '</option>
                                                                        <option value="1440">', $txt['smf47'], '</option>
                                                                        <option value="10080">', $txt['smf48'], '</option>
                                                                        <option value="302400">', $txt['smf49'], '</option>
                                                                        <option value="-1" selected="selected">', $txt['smf50'], '</option>
                                                                </select>
                                                                <input type="submit" value="', $txt[34], '" /><br />
                                                                ', $txt['smf52'], '
                                                        </form>';
        }

and do something like:
        // Otherwise they're a guest - so politely ask them to register or login.
        else
        {
                echo 'Please login from Mambo';
        }

That would show user-info once logged in, but not the login form when not logged in.

jazz

That's exactly what I wanted to do.  Another thing... Am I missing something?  Prior to 1.1b3, there was an option to either enable or disable News Fader.  I can't find it anywhere.  When it was disabled the news box in the helios theme didn't even appear.

To get rid of this box do I need to modify something on the template, or is it an easy setting that I'm missing?

bloc

"Enable News?"
"Show news fader on board index"

Both in admin / current theme. first is in all pages, second just on main page(the fading thing).

Gargoyle

Quote from: Bloc on July 06, 2005, 04:39:28 AM

This is not too hard to make..but it requires adding a little code. Open up Display.template.php and find this:
                echo '

then just add a break or 2 right before <table> tag , like  ...<br /><table width.... If you also want to have slight border around each, I would suggest adding this to the <table> as well:  <table width="100%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" border="0" style="border: solid 1px #606060;">

That worked perfectly!! Thank you very much for your help!  8)

seammer

Quote from: Gargoyle on July 06, 2005, 06:58:47 PM
Quote from: Bloc on July 06, 2005, 04:39:28 AM

On our old forum hxxp:www.autoservltd.com/sssc [nonactive] the posts are seperated from one another by a space. I provided a link so you could see what I am talking about.

echo '

That worked perfectly!! Thank you very much for your help!  8)
That was great! Wooo! Thank you! ;D

Ciinien

Installed Helios in the Mambo I'm testing to move to my production site and it is very well done. Seamless integration and looks great.

Main forum

Cheers on the great work!
Ci
LotRO  Info Central

"Never try to teach a pig to sing. It just annoys the pig and frustrates you. " -- an old saying

beemer

Abslutely brilliant theme bloc

I am running helios multi smf 105 with mkportal

Can somebody please give me a clue as to how I can use the pod graphics in the portal ?
http://www.bmw7resource.co.uk
SMF 1.1 RC1
MKP 1.1 RC1
Helios Multi RC1
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.thefishsheadnhorsesarse.co.uk
SMF 1.1 RC2
TinyPortal 0.8.6

Onsite

bloc, the udated theme works well with Beta 3 Public.
Is there any chance you could incorporat an updated version of this Attachment Size Limiting mod into you theme?

Thanks

bloc

Quote from: Onsite on July 07, 2005, 04:47:07 PM
bloc, the udated theme works well with Beta 3 Public.
Is there any chance you could incorporat an updated version of this Attachment Size Limiting mod into you theme?

Thanks

The mod doesn't change any of the template files - as far as I can see - so it should work fine. BUT - if the mod won't work on SMF 1.1beta3, then you will need to get the mod author to update it.

Northerner

style="border: solid 1px #606060;">

OMG i cant believe how nice a little bit of code like that can help the forum out so much!!

well done!!  :D

and onto a different subject and i hope im really really blind but for the life of me i cannot find
my message box anywhere in my forum?
only time i can get to my messages is when i get an email with the link that i have a new message
what am i missing here?

bloc

ehem..its right next to "Hey, Northener, you have x messages" :) Press messages link?

Northerner

well then either something is wrong with my forum or my eyesite?

beemer

Quote from: Northerner on July 08, 2005, 10:03:59 AM
well then either something is wrong with my forum or my eyesite?

Click on the white triangle next to the red HOME button

or in admin preferences you can turn on a POp-up window alert
http://www.bmw7resource.co.uk
SMF 1.1 RC1
MKP 1.1 RC1
Helios Multi RC1
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.thefishsheadnhorsesarse.co.uk
SMF 1.1 RC2
TinyPortal 0.8.6

Advertisement: