[Theme] Helios Multi (SMF v1.0.5 - 1.1RC2)

Started by bloc, September 22, 2004, 05:55:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bloc

Quote from: joshkol on July 23, 2005, 05:06:24 PM
I just installed your theme but want to know how to change it to silver, its brown right now, and under CURRENT THEME SETTINGS It says

Edit Theme
Modify the index template. (the main template)
Modify the style.css file. (colors, fonts, etc.)

It told me to make it 777 or writable, i did make it writable in ftp for group, but it still apears, what the heck do I do???

I am not sure..if it are writable, then it might be something else.

But..to change it to silver you could use the settings to turn-off color chooser, and make silver the default color-choice. They should be right under the "edit index.." etc.

Metal_GunBlade

yo Bloc dude, can you make me a "Downloads" button to add to the top navigation???
Life is ours to be spent, not to be saved

chitownjts

autumn_whispers2me

The logo option:  I'm not quite sure what that is exactly.  Is it a logo we can create that goes into the top section where our avatar shows, or something else?  Sounds like something I'd like to use, so thought I'd ask.  :)
Come to the dark side.  We have cookies!

bloc

Yes, it is..just enter the path for a picture.

autumn_whispers2me

Quote from: Bloc on July 25, 2005, 04:02:43 PM
Yes, it is..just enter the path for a picture.

Thanks, Bloc.  I'll give it another shot.  :)  when I make changes to the theme, I notice that it defaults back to the default SMF theme... is it supposed to do that, or is there something in the settings I don't have set right?

autumn_whispers2me

Hey, Bloc:  I can't seem to get the logo to work, or the top panel to work.  I put the url of the logo image in and nothing's showing.

Any ideas?  :(

Dukes

I've installed the theme by uploading all the files to my /Theme/ directory and installed it.  I have 2 problems that I need help with. 
1.  my user info, news box, and key stat boxs are white and at the top still.  The text in these boxes is also white.
2.  I cannot see the "pod" pictures.  They are the round objects that can change color.  I would love to see them

any help would be great.  I am using version 1.0.5

it also wont let me edit the script via the admin panel.  "The file you are trying to edit... can't even be found!"

Thank you

bloc

Quote from: autumn_whispers2me on July 25, 2005, 05:33:14 PM
Hey, Bloc:  I can't seem to get the logo to work, or the top panel to work.  I put the url of the logo image in and nothing's showing.

Any ideas?  :(
Do you use the theme just for one board only?

bloc

Quote from: Dukes on July 25, 2005, 05:40:11 PM
I've installed the theme by uploading all the files to my /Theme/ directory and installed it.  I have 2 problems that I need help with. 
1.  my user info, news box, and key stat boxs are white and at the top still.  The text in these boxes is also white.
2.  I cannot see the "pod" pictures.  They are the round objects that can change color.  I would love to see them

any help would be great.  I am using version 1.0.5

it also wont let me edit the script via the admin panel.  "The file you are trying to edit... can't even be found!"

Thank you
I think you need to put the contents into a folder - Themes/Helios/ - and not just right into Themes/ . That won't work.

Dukes

I put it into xxx/Themes/theme3   so the location isnt the prob.  thanks for the replys

Dukes

ok NM, very wierd but I got it to work.  I installed it like 3 times with no luck.  I dont know what I did differently but who cares!!  thanks for the awesome template man

Itch™

Hi Bloc, I've added 3 buttons with the help of your buttongenerator. But they automatically come last in the menu, so how do I change the order of the menubuttons?

Thanks in advance

bloc

Quote from: YahMan on July 27, 2005, 05:17:31 AM
Hi Bloc, I've added 3 buttons with the help of your buttongenerator. But they automatically come last in the menu, so how do I change the order of the menubuttons?

Thanks in advance
Its put that way in the template. To change it you would have to shift the various code blocks in template_menu() inside index.template.php. You will see that they start with a comment ( // comment here...) So you could pretty much just move the whole block which seems to belong to a comment - up and down.

autumn_whispers2me

Bloc.. I still can't get my banner to install using those blocks for logo, etc.  Do I need to set the permissions differently to do this?

bloc

No, you should be fine..but the "userlogo" is for path-to-a-picture only, while "topbar" must be html code.

autumn_whispers2me

Hmmnn.  I tried it both ways and it wont let me do anything.  The forum just defaults to the original SMF default theme and that's it.   :-\

basis

autumn_whis - what I did was copy my forums banner into /public_html/forums folder. Or into the folder that is where SMF is installed.

Then go to your admin page, click on Current Theme, look for "Theme Options and Preferences" then look for the "Logo" field. Just type in the name of the banner, save the settings and then do a refresh of your forum (hit F5). The banner should appear now.

Hope that helps.
SMF Version: Ver 2.0.8
Running Mods:
SimplePortal v2.3.5 (disabled)
AEVA 7.2 (enabled)
Stop Spammer 2.3.9 (disabled)
Bad Behaviour mod 1.5.17 (disabled)

basis

Bloc - is there a PSD file for the 'New Posts' icon? I like the 'glowing' icon, but have trouble at times distinguishing if its a 'New Post' or 'No New Post' icon. Do you its possible to share the PSD file? and I can even share the resulting icon (if i my PS skills are up to editing. we can work via PM if you like).
SMF Version: Ver 2.0.8
Running Mods:
SimplePortal v2.3.5 (disabled)
AEVA 7.2 (enabled)
Stop Spammer 2.3.9 (disabled)
Bad Behaviour mod 1.5.17 (disabled)

bloc

No..I am afraid I just did those quickly for that occasion...never kept it. The whole design is in PSD of course, but I changed the on-off when doing Helios_multi, just replacing the gifs.

Advertisement: