News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

[Theme] Helios Multi (SMF v1.0.5 - 1.1RC2)

Started by bloc, September 22, 2004, 05:55:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clickbouyow

The difference is that 1.1B3 will not work properly with SMF 1.1RC1. 

Northerner

The difference is that 1.1B3 will not work properly with SMF 1.1RC1. 

what are you talking about?
arent these two different types of forums?

clickbouyow

OK.  I'll try again.  Although Helios Multi 1.1B3 would work with SMF 1.0.5, it would not work properly with the release of the SMF 1.1RC1.  Bloc updated 1.1B3 of Helios to work with SMF 1.1RC1.

TtuEd

1.1B3 => v1.1 Beta 3
1.1RC1 => v1.1 Release Candidate 1
(two versions of SMF- 1.1RC1 is better, ofcourse :))
The only three principles you need in life:
-You can change the world [nofollow], it is just a set of rules in your mind
-Simplicity is divine [nofollow]
-It is good to be a geek [nofollow], because that means that you have understood the first two principles :-)

Northerner

if RC1 is better, why then, in the mods section is there only mods for Beta3?

clickbouyow

TtuEd

Quote from: Northerner on October 17, 2005, 09:30:12 AM
TtuEd, i dont know where your hosted, but your forum is way slow loading??
Local hosting provider. I bought cheep hosting (20euro/year). Would disabling hostname lookups and compressed output in forum options speed it up?
The only three principles you need in life:
-You can change the world [nofollow], it is just a set of rules in your mind
-Simplicity is divine [nofollow]
-It is good to be a geek [nofollow], because that means that you have understood the first two principles :-)

bloc

Quote from: Northerner on October 17, 2005, 10:07:47 AM
if RC1 is better, why then, in the mods section is there only mods for Beta3?

RC1 is better, because it has many bug fixes(from beta3)and is a "release candidate" - meaning its just one or 2 steps from the final version , which is considered as "stable".

As for the theme...you can use the 1.0.5 version of Helios on versions above that, you can use the 1.1beta3 Helios on 1.1RC1 even, but many things will render errors. Like the mark_read buttons...several javascript routines is changed and so on. So its BEST to use the correct Helios version for whatever SMF version you run.

The modsite will be updated with the choice of RC1 soon - its just a display marker to quickly see what the mod support. Many mods are now made for RC1 and state that in the description instead.

kimncris

Hey

I just wanted to say I really like this theme.  The gold color really matches our color scheme well at www.scgarrison.net

Anyway- I'm sure this is not the right forum for my question, but if anyone can point me to where I can learn how to remove the "stats" and or the avatar at the top by the user name that would be great!  I don't really like the logged on time, and it makes the top box bigger on some displays.

anyway- thanks again- you theme really stands out from the rest!

-cris

clickbouyow

I believe those are checkboxs in ADMIN/Configuration/Features and Options

kimncris

I may be blind, but all I can find are the check boxes to turn off ALL of the avatars.  I just want to get rid of mine, or some of the stats at the top.

In other news, is there a simple way to make the news fader box smaller in height?  I found where to do it in index.php and it worked like a charm, but when I swapped out the files, none of the links worked and the (ironically) avatar at the top dissapeared.

thanks again, I just applied the borders around the posts mentioned on page 38 and that is a VERY cool trick!

my attempts at editing out the code around the days, hours, seconds of login time resulted in disaster :\

-cris

kimncris

well- what do you know?

Somehow I managed to bumble my way through editing the code again and got the logged-on stats to disappear AND to get the news box smaller.

a little

/*  ...  */  around the logged-on section got rid of that and I think the top box looks much better now,

and by finding the news fader height in BoardIndex.template.php and changing it to "10" I was able to shrink it considerably.  The thing is- I thought I did this earlier and just ended up with a smaller box followed be a ton of broken links...

I don't know.  Thanks again, though.  Everyone LOVES your theme on our board.

-cris

bloc

Glad it worked out. :) And btw, using comments like you did is the best way to undo a feature - in case you want it back later on..! ;D

clickbouyow

Quote from: kimncris on October 18, 2005, 02:34:22 AM
well- what do you know?

Somehow I managed to bumble my way through editing the code again and got the logged-on stats to disappear AND to get the news box smaller.

a little

/*  ...  */  around the logged-on section got rid of that and I think the top box looks much better now,

and by finding the news fader height in BoardIndex.template.php and changing it to "10" I was able to shrink it considerably.  The thing is- I thought I did this earlier and just ended up with a smaller box followed be a ton of broken links...

I don't know.  Thanks again, though.  Everyone LOVES your theme on our board.

-cris

Can you be more specific about which files and where you did this?

clickbouyow

Hey Bloc,

I ran across this today:

As you can see, the other offline icons are there.  The online icon works.  But this one specific icon doesn't.  It isn't a matter of refreshing the page, either.  It looks like buddy_useroff.gif is missing.

J. Williams

Just upload the buddy icon from the smf default theme
Joshua Jon Williams
Back in Action.

bloc

ah, the buddies icons... :) I will update the theme with those. But as scs says - just copy them for now.

kimncris

Quote from: clickbouyow on October 18, 2005, 07:05:10 AM

[Can you be more specific about which files and where you did this?

BoardIndex.Template.php   Where it says height="10" it used to say "60"  I have no idea how the values in PHP work, so it's feasable that I could have problems later with different news items...

// Show the news fader?  (assuming there are things to show...)
       if ($settings['show_newsfader'] && !empty($context['fader_news_lines']))
       {
               echo $topbox;
               echo '
<div style="padding: 0px; margin-bottom: 2px;">
       <table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="4">
               <tr>
                       <td align="left" style="font-weight: bold;">&nbsp;&nbsp;', $txt[102], '</td>
               </tr>
               <tr>
                       <td valign="middle" align="center" height="10">';

// Prepare all the javascript settings.
               echo '

index.template.php    All I added was the /* and */ around the section I didn't want displayed
$context['unapproved_members'] == 1 ? $txt['approve_thereis'] : $txt['approve_thereare'], ' <a href="', $scripturl, '?action=regcenter">', $context['unapproved_members'] == 1 ? $txt['approve_member'] : $context['unapproved_members'] . ' ' . $txt['approve_members'], '</a> ', $txt['approve_members_waiting'];

/*
                // Show the total time logged in?
                if (!empty($context['user']['total_time_logged_in']))
                {
                        echo '
                                                        <br />', $txt['totalTimeLogged1'];

// If days is just zero, don't bother to show it.
                        if ($context['user']['total_time_logged_in']['days'] > 0)
                                echo $context['user']['total_time_logged_in']['days'] . $txt['totalTimeLogged2'];

// Same with hours - only show it if it's above zero.
                        if ($context['user']['total_time_logged_in']['hours'] > 0)
                                echo $context['user']['total_time_logged_in']['hours'] . $txt['totalTimeLogged3'];

// But, let's always show minutes - Time wasted here: 0 minutes ;).
                        echo $context['user']['total_time_logged_in']['minutes'], $txt['totalTimeLogged4'];
                }

*/
                echo '<br />

p.s.  PHP seems really touchy about syntax, so make SURE you always have an unmodified copy before you edit!

I can't tell you how many errors I got just by changing or deleting a few characters...

thanks again, Bloc.

-cris

clickbouyow

I must be doing something wrong.  None of those changes do anything for me.

kimncris

you are changing the ones inside the helios theme folder, right?

I did that wrong the first time

-cris

Advertisement: