[Theme] Helios Multi (SMF v1.0.5 - 1.1RC2)

Started by bloc, September 22, 2004, 05:55:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deaks

Quote from: Prasad007 on January 05, 2006, 12:45:17 PM
Quote from: Bloc on January 05, 2006, 12:37:39 PM
Quote from: sloopz on January 05, 2006, 09:25:52 AM
Bloc any idea on date for RC2 update :)
Getting to it. I am/have been pretty busy this week with real-life, so less time for the planned updates. But the weekend is free.. ;)
take your time dude!! :)
I agree, real life take priority
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

bloc

Updated for use with SMF1.1RC2. See first post for download link.

tdawg

Quote from: Bloc on January 07, 2006, 07:19:19 PM

To say you are a legend would be an understatement! Much respect

Edit: Quick Q, when you deselect "Show latest member on board index" it doesn't actually do anything, still shows latest member. Is this a known bug?

Gargoyle

Bloc can I just replace the files from my old RC1 version of helios and use it without running the install script or will that cause problems ??

I am asking because I don't want to create a new theme entry in the db if I don't have to and I have made a few custom images for the RC1 version.

Let meknow if this will work or not.... Many thanks for the update.. ;D

Prasad007

Prasad007

Ileana

Great theme! I wanted to use it for my forum, but there is a tiny little problem... He installs everything except the buttons (new post, reply, home, admin you know) I've downloaded the Dutch package also and he just doesn't seem to install it. The English package doesn't work either... Maybe someone can help me with this? I can't see what I'm doing wrong...

bloc

Quote from: tdawg on January 07, 2006, 07:33:37 PM
Quote from: Bloc on January 07, 2006, 07:19:19 PM

To say you are a legend would be an understatement! Much respect

Edit: Quick Q, when you deselect "Show latest member on board index" it doesn't actually do anything, still shows latest member. Is this a known bug?

:) Thanks.

Latest member? I am not sure, I have to check.

Quote from: Gargoyle on January 07, 2006, 09:16:23 PM
Bloc can I just replace the files from my old RC1 version of helios and use it without running the install script or will that cause problems ??

I am asking because I don't want to create a new theme entry in the db if I don't have to and I have made a few custom images for the RC1 version.

Let meknow if this will work or not.... Many thanks for the update.. ;D

Yes, you can just upload the files and overwrite the old ones. It will work fine.

bloc

Quote from: Ileana on January 08, 2006, 09:10:13 AM
Great theme! I wanted to use it for my forum, but there is a tiny little problem... He installs everything except the buttons (new post, reply, home, admin you know) I've downloaded the Dutch package also and he just doesn't seem to install it. The English package doesn't work either... Maybe someone can help me with this? I can't see what I'm doing wrong...
Have you set language to dutch? And uploaded the dutch buttons to a "dutch" folder inside "Helios/images" folder? 

os1

was just wondering if it is poss to put 'ShoutBox' into the HTML area? If so what is the code... I am a novice but learning daily...

<edit> I am currently using the 1.0.5 version

Kindred

Bloc,

I am using the helios multi theme wrapped with joomla.
Because of this, I ended up remving all the newsbox, etc info at the top of the index.template.php.

In order to make it fit in, I moved the colour boxes FORM into the linktree graphic bar (in boardindex.template.php)

The other theme_colour code, I moved into the <head> section of my overall joomla template...

if(!$context['user']['is_guest'] && isset($_POST['options']['theme_color']))
{
   include_once($GLOBALS['sourcedir'] . '/Profile.php');
   makeThemeChanges($context['user']['id'], $settings['theme_id']);
   $options['theme_color'] = $_POST['options']['theme_color'];
}
else if ($context['user']['is_guest'])
{
   if (isset($_POST['options']['theme_color']))
   {
      $_SESSION['theme_color'] = $_POST['options']['theme_color'];
      $options['theme_color'] = $_SESSION['theme_color'];
   }
   elseif (isset($_SESSION['theme_color']))
      $options['theme_color'] = $_SESSION['theme_color'];
}
if (isset($options['theme_color']))
   $mycolor = $options['theme_color'];
else {
   // Defaults.
   $options['theme_color'] = isset($settings['default_theme_color']) ? $settings['default_theme_color'] : 'brown';
   $mycolor=$options['theme_color'];
}

if(isset($settings['color_change_off']) && $settings['color_change_off']==1)
  $options['theme_color'] = isset($settings['default_theme_color']) ? $settings['default_theme_color'] : 'brown';

Now, however, I get 8: Undefined index: theme_color errors on EVERY page except boardindex.

I believe these errors ar eonly coming from users who have NOT selected a colour at least once, which (to me) seems to indicate that the default colour choice is not being set somewhere.   Any suggestions?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

evolution1337

Can someone tell me how to install helios theme?
I uploaded it and installed it and ended up with this:
hxxp:forums.quartz.pro.tc [nonactive]
Im using SMF 1.1 RC2
If there is something more to do can someone tell me what to do, im a newbie with SMF (started 2 days ago)  :)

bloc

Quote from: os1 on January 09, 2006, 07:44:46 AM
was just wondering if it is poss to put 'ShoutBox' into the HTML area? If so what is the code... I am a novice but learning daily...

<edit> I am currently using the 1.0.5 version

You can't do it by using the "topbar", if thats what you meant. Rather you need to insert the code(which is explained in the mod's help text) into index.template.php.

SeaOfSin

Hi Bloc,

I have a slight problem, nothing to major but if there is a way to solve it that would be great. 

When I pull the menu bar through SSI, the forum button is slightly raised above the others.  You can see it here http://www.johncarpenterforum.com. Like I said it's not too urgent but if it can be resolved that would be great.

Sea Of Sin

bloc

Quote from: Sea Of Sin on January 09, 2006, 04:23:12 PM
Hi Bloc,

I have a slight problem, nothing to major but if there is a way to solve it that would be great. 

When I pull the menu bar through SSI, the forum button is slightly raised above the others.  You can see it here http://www.johncarpenterforum.com. Like I said it's not too urgent but if it can be resolved that would be great.

Sea Of Sin

You need to supply a <table><tr> before calling the ssi menu, and a </tr></table> after it. The menu only render <td>button></td>. That might explain the misalignment.

SeaOfSin

Quote from: Bloc on January 09, 2006, 05:50:58 PM
Quote from: Sea Of Sin on January 09, 2006, 04:23:12 PM
Hi Bloc,

Sea Of Sin

You need to supply a <table><tr> before calling the ssi menu, and a </tr></table> after it. The menu only render <td>button></td>. That might explain the misalignment.

Thanks Bloc,

That worked perfectly!

Kindred

Bloc,   Any comment on my issue?

(even a "I have no idea"?)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

gazer

Great theme :)

Hope someone can point me to the place where I can comment out or remove info center for Helios, thanx

bloc

Quote from: Kindred on January 09, 2006, 10:31:51 PM
Bloc,   Any comment on my issue?

(even a "I have no idea"?)
Uhm..it might be that this needs to be placed before any html at all, not in <head> but before even <html> and <doctype>.

bloc

Quote from: gazer on January 10, 2006, 01:50:46 PM
Great theme :)

Hope someone can point me to the place where I can comment out or remove info center for Helios, thanx

Open BoardIndex.template and search for "info center". You get that line in a comment a bit down..all underneath there could then be removed.

Advertisement: