News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

[Theme] Helios Multi (SMF v1.0.5 - 1.1RC2)

Started by bloc, September 22, 2004, 05:55:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bloc

Make sure you have the latest files - I have updated it, and it will now have a neat icon to press instead of double-click (which i find very strange to use, but thats another story)

bloc

Quote from: Goz on January 19, 2006, 12:42:29 PM
Bloc,

I've run into a small snafu with the Helios pre mod running on 1.0.5 of SMF in that the the 'Users viewing this board' section if I have more than 6 or more users it skews the forum and makes it so that you have to scroll in order to see the entire forum. Is there a way to force the 'Users viewing this board' area to a fixed width and force a wrap arround of the names?

Any tips or slaps up side the head would be appreciated.

Thanks

-Goz

Update: It seems to only be when viewed in Mozilla. Any ideas?

Maybe remove any "nowrap" value there..but it will break the graphic layout somewhat i suppose.

Gargoyle

Quote from: Bloc on January 23, 2006, 08:44:15 PM
Make sure you have the latest files - I have updated it, and it will now have a neat icon to press instead of double-click (which i find very strange to use, but thats another story)

I see... Are there any particular files I should update or just all of them ?? I ask because I have some custom code in the template files and I don't want to re-mod them all if I don't have to.. ;D

Thanks for the reply... Oh and I am really looking forward to your RC2 release of TP ..

bloc

TP version is coming up shortly... :)

Just replace MessageIndex.template and ftp up any images you don't have already..at least 1-2 related to inline editing.

Prasad007

Quote from: Bloc on January 24, 2006, 06:10:04 AM

Just replace MessageIndex.template and ftp up any images you don't have already..at least 1-2 related to inline editing.
whats that? TP ???

Gargoyle

Quote from: Bloc on January 24, 2006, 06:10:04 AM

Thanks a ton for the info Bloc.. ;D

Kindred

Prasad... you keep asking "What is that..."    Maybe looking around first might answer your questions?

TP is Bloc's Tiny Portal mod for SMF...

For more information on it, I suggest you use the search function or visit Bloc's site...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Prasad007

Quote from: Kindred on January 24, 2006, 12:10:21 PM
Prasad... you keep asking "What is that..."    Maybe looking around first might answer your questions?

TP is Bloc's Tiny Portal mod for SMF...

For more information on it, I suggest you use the search function or visit Bloc's site...
oh okay. i know what it is then ive even tried it its gr8. sorry for the trouble. i just didnt realize it because of the short form - TP :)

loudog

Bloc, great theme. One question though.

I'm using this theme for one specific topic of my whole board, which you will see in "Keirans Kustom of the day" board.  The problem I have is that one some one would change a color, it will just go back to the index page of the whole board, rather then just back to the forum topic that uses the theme.

I just need to know what file I need to edit to fix this for my site, othewise I'll just use the one color. Thanks for all the hard work. Themes like this are what make this software so cool!

ROGUE-Master

Deaks

~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

bloc

Thats right. 1.0.5 themes work fine on 1.0.6.

loudog, I never implemented remembering where you were when you change colors, but this code:
      echo '
      <form action="', $scripturl, '" style="text-align: right; margin-right: 30px; margin-bottom: 2px; margin-top: 2px;" method="post" class="smalltext">

Needs perhaps to be something like:

$querystring=$_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'];

echo '
      <form action="', $scripturl, '?' , $querystring , '" style="text-align: right; margin-right: 30px; margin-bottom: 2px; margin-top: 2px;" method="post" class="smalltext">

I haven't tested it though.

GameSuxx

I don`t think so !

After updating 1.0.5 --> 1.0.6, the Template seams to be okay, but the Forum is not indicated within the mkPortal M1.0

Even the Banner wasn`t shown too !

The settings mkPortal are correct, I have checked this!

Wer lesen kann, is klar im Vorteil !

loudog

Quote from: Bloc on January 30, 2006, 11:49:03 AM
Thats right. 1.0.5 themes work fine on 1.0.6.

loudog, I never implemented remembering where you were when you change colors, but this code:
      echo '
      <form action="', $scripturl, '" style="text-align: right; margin-right: 30px; margin-bottom: 2px; margin-top: 2px;" method="post" class="smalltext">

Needs perhaps to be something like:

$querystring=$_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'];

echo '
      <form action="', $scripturl, '?' , $querystring , '" style="text-align: right; margin-right: 30px; margin-bottom: 2px; margin-top: 2px;" method="post" class="smalltext">

I haven't tested it though.
Worked great!! So if you ever run across this question again, you'll know this will fix this for people like myself. Thanks again!!

Deaks

Quote from: GameSuxx on January 31, 2006, 05:35:52 AM
I don`t think so !

After updating 1.0.5 --> 1.0.6, the Template seams to be okay, but the Forum is not indicated within the mkPortal M1.0

Even the Banner wasn`t shown too !

The settings mkPortal are correct, I have checked this!

sounds more like mkportal im afraid, I dont think they have a version that works with 1.0.6 just 1.0.5 and 1.1
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

GameSuxx

I thing so, too !

But I hope, Bloc will korrect it or has a good idea  ;D

bloc

Changing the theme won't help I am afraid - if the forum doesn't work in MKPortal in the first place. I suspect it has something to do with the new patches in 1.0.6 that deals with database/php. The theme system is exactly the same in 1.0.5 and 1.0.6.

GameSuxx

OK !

Thanks for the answer  :'(

Is there anyone who can help me to make some changes to php ?

Wolfenrook

Have you edited the subs.php file in your forums sources folder as per the instructions that come with MKPortal?  Your original edited subs.php file would have been overwritten by the new one when you updated to 1.0.6.  I just installed SMF 1.0.6 with MKPortal 1.0 on my local test server and it all works fine.

[edit] I've just installed Helios Multi for 1.0.5 on it as well and it still works fine.
Thoughts are free, it's their consequences that often have a cost.

GameSuxx

No, I haven`t !

I have to do....I never thought about that.

OK, I have something to do and give u answer right here  ;)

Advertisement: