News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

[Theme] Helios Multi (SMF v1.0.5 - 1.1RC2)

Started by bloc, September 22, 2004, 05:55:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GameSuxx

Thanks for the subs.php, but that doesen`t match...there are many fails at all !  :'(

Wer lesen kann, is klar im Vorteil !

Big Kahuna

I a newbie (installed two days ago) at SMF (but love it so far www.oldhippie.com/forums)  -- but have a lot of experience with vBulletin (www.moparstyle.com) and phpBB (Hacker's Highway!).

I'd like this theme and would like to install it -- but want to verify that I won't have problems installing the .05 version of this theme in .06 -- and verify how I install the theme.

Download and unzip
FTP to a new directory in my themes directory
Admin, Install theme, and browse to it
anything else?

I'm hoping to avoid going through 65 pages of figuring out the answers -- if someone can roll me a bone.

Thanx
BK

bloc

That is one way..another is to download the zip, leave it and upload through admin section ("download new theme"), then everything is done for you. But both ways work fine. :)

Big Kahuna

Big Kahuna

That was so Kool and easy. My new default theme. You're my new hero (for today).

Thanx

Ekshi

[nofollow]

MSN nickleri [nofollow] -
msn [nofollow] -
msn adresleri [nofollow] -
kanser tedavisi [nofollow] -
domuz gribi [nofollow]

Avcomdesign

Hey really like the theme.....very nice flow to it.....like the dark side to it and multible color picker.  Just what I was looking for. 

I got a question and dont know if it should be asked here....but here it goes.  Where the news box set under the logo box (not the fader box) what code would I change to shorten it up and center it?  I want to place a shout box next to it also just trying to figure how to place it in and what code to replace.  Thanks if anyone can point me in the right direction.

AV 

bloc

Those things are in index.template.php. Look for "news" and you will find the spot.

Avcomdesign

Thank for your fast responce.  I am looking for where I need to replace the information.  in the mod for the shout box looks like this.

Example:
If you want to add the shoutbox to the LEFT of your web page, you could make the following change in index.template.php.
Find:

<table width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0"><tr>
<td id="bodyarea" style="padding: 1ex 20px 2ex 20px;">';

and replace with:

<table width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0"><tr valign="top">
<td width="120">', smfshout(), '</td>
<td id="bodyarea" style="padding: 1ex 20px 2ex 20px;">';

I dont know what area to replace or what text to paste in....sorry I am very new at this and dont want to mess it up.

#1taz

Bloc, I talked to you about a month ago about using TP with the pre-mod version of Helios multi for SMF 1.05 with visual warning mod 1.27 installed.

You said you were going to work up a patch and the necessary files and instructions when you got a chance.

Any progress on this yet?

I just thought I would check in to see...

I would really like to put TP on my site...and your pre-mod version sure makes modding and installation easier...thanks again!

RingoM

Hi,

I really love this one and i would like to use it for my forum. I am totally new at this I just downloaded and installed  SMF 1.1RC2 for my forum. Now  I would like to install this theme for it. I have downloaded the ZIP file but I really don't know how to installed for my forum. Is there a how to installed instructions for this one?

Thanks.

Ringo

bloc

Just go into admin section, find "themes and settings", go to "upload new theme", press "browse", locate the Helios zipfile on your harddisk and press "install". Done. :)

A "success" screen will let you know if it went ok.

RingoM

Manwho

Ok, guys im using SMF 1.0.5

but when I go into the Theme & Layout Settings

there is a section called Install a New Theme
yet above it, it says this: Warning - you cannot create or install a new theme as your themes directory is not currently writable!

1)What should I upload?
- the zip file or do i extract the files and upload the folder in which i extracted the files to the directory /_themes/ in the server
2) How do I install it?
- How do I install it when it displays that warning...

P.S. Great skin...I would really like to have it

Thanks,
Manwho 
PAKISTAN is to cricket, what BRAZIL is to soccer.

J. Williams

Manwho

You need to chmod the folder to 777 to allow themes to be uploaded via smf.
Joshua Jon Williams
Back in Action.

kacie

hi i am using SMF 1.0.5 and i just patched it to 1.0.6 or w/e and this theme wont upload. It says "The package you tried to upload either is not a valid package or has become corrupted." Whats up with that? Thanks in advance.  :)

bloc

Helios theme are NOT to be installed through package manager. Rather you use the "themes and settings" / "install new theme".

kacie

Jason kiDD

Bloc I had sent you an email. Trying to use the intergrated chat mode 2.6 however with the helios theme 1.1 RC2 it doesnt recognize the buttons nor functions of the chat interface. Please advise...? ::)

Advertisement: