[Theme] Helios Multi (SMF v1.0.5 - 1.1RC2)

Started by bloc, September 22, 2004, 05:55:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Satsh

Quote from: Satsh on May 17, 2006, 11:59:00 AM
I'm using Opera 8.54 and since it seems you suspected it to be a browser issue, I tried IE6 and it showed perfect results for the checkboxes - white background with shades at the border it seemed.

Would it be possible for you to check into the reasons why Opera isn't displaying it properly? Maybe IE6 isn't interpreting the CSS like it should, but corrects some kind of missing definition by itself - making it unnoticable for IE users. I really wouldn't make me wonder... as I usually expect Opera to show the real results and IE just making use of some proprietary definitions noone else uses in that way.

Any insight on this one Bloc? Did you check if you get the same results with Opera? I really hope I'm not alone on fixing this one :(

Thanks in advance,
Satsh

Arma

Just installed SMF via auto-installer & then auto-updated leaving me with SMF 1.07

I want THIS theme! It's perfect. Problem is I see a 1.06 version & a 1.1RC version.

Can I use this theme on 1.07 totally safely?

(not willing to make any modifications to theme or that manual upgrade of the forum to 1.1RC version).

Xaneth

Quote from: Arma on May 26, 2006, 02:27:26 PM
Just installed SMF via auto-installer & then auto-updated leaving me with SMF 1.07

I want THIS theme! It's perfect. Problem is I see a 1.06 version & a 1.1RC version.

Can I use this theme on 1.07 totally safely?

(not willing to make any modifications to theme or that manual upgrade of the forum to 1.1RC version).

I did the same thing Arma, and it worked fine.  The thing that I found was that when I wanted to start using Tiny Portal, they didn't have a 1.07 TP theme, so I went ahead and upgraded to 1.1RC.  Actually there are a few more features in 1.1RC, not that I can name them off the top of my head, but it went smoothly.  I was even able to maintain all the posts and members without much trouble, but make sure to back up your MySQL database if you decide to undertake that route.  Just my 2 cents  ;)

Just noticed, you used an auto-installer.  Did you use Fantastico, or something similar?  It's not hard at all to set the board up by hand either, by the way, all you have to do is upload the unzipped files and use the PHP installer, like http://www.mycompany.com/forum/install.php.  Make sure to delete the install.php file once you're done, that is, if you decide to go that route.  I may be completely wrong about this as well, so please correct me if I'm wrong Bloc, just saying that this was my experience, and what I did to work around it.

J. Williams

Please will people still note that 1.0 stopped template changes at 1.0.4,so Anything from then to 1.0.7 is ok for use.
Joshua Jon Williams
Back in Action.

Xaneth

Thanks for the correction!  I did, however, have issues installing TP on 1.07 was my main point, I guess.

Arma

Quote from: J J Williams on May 27, 2006, 02:45:12 PM
Please will people still note that 1.0 stopped template changes at 1.0.4,so Anything from then to 1.0.7 is ok for use.

I think I'm having a problem related to this. Total Time Logged in stopped increasing and I have feeling there are other problems happening. The only modification to my SMF 1.07 board is Helios Multi 1.06 d/led from the theme page after you guys said it should be fine. This template thing is the only discrepency I could see:

SMF File / Your Version / Current Version
Current Templates / 1.0.1 / 1.0.4
Profile.template.php / 1.0.1 / 1.0.4

Any ideas?

weezer

Hi Bloc.

I'm using the helios_multi theme on my board and my members and i really like it a lot. i am having a small problem however. the red and silver versions seem to be missing some graphics or something. all other colors work fine, but when i switch to red or silver much of the board graphics are missing, with only "gfx" tags in their place. i read through this board and didn't notice anyone else having the this problem. i didn't knowif you have a fix for this or if u know what i can do to fix it myself. btw, my board version is 1.1RC2 and i did install the RC2 version of the theme. thanks.

bloc

hm, it should work. Have you tried to re-upload everything? to be sure no gfx was left out?

weezer

yeah, i've done that 3 times now, but i'll try again and let you know. thanks.

bloc

Was the theme installed through admin automatically? or uploaded through ftp and then manually installed?

weezer

it was uploaded and manually installed...i uninstalled it, deleted it from my server and my comp, redownloaded, then reuploaded and reinstalled...works great now...and the red is perfect fo my board! thanks Bloc!

unrelenting

Hey, bloc, I use this theme and I love it. Best I have found by far. I have a slight problem. I make little modifications to files all the time just to sort of tweak it out to my specifications so to speak and may have messed up a setting somewhere. Anyway, in my MessageIndex.template.php file there is a spot that by default calls for titlegb in this area in the first picture. But notice also there is a problem with the link itself:

I never could figure out how to fix it so I just switched it to catbg2 which doesn't have the problem with the link area. See below.

I checked your demo site and it didn't have this problem either so it must have been me. Any idea what I need to change to remove that part behind the link?

unrelenting

PSNick

Hello, is there a way to change the childboards in the index page to make them appear in columns instead of separated by commas?
i mean, to make the shildboards look this way:
In columns

Thanks in advance ^^

PS: I'm also looking for the helios Multi Font to make some buttons.

danskmacabre

Quote from: HitokiriBattousai on October 23, 2006, 01:04:41 PM
PS: I'm also looking for the helios Multi Font to make some buttons.

bloc has a custom button generator on his site for all his themes.
Website: cantref.org.uk chaos8.com | SmF version: 2 | Portal software: PortaMx 1.3 | Default theme: Coal Black

Kindred

Hitokiri,

Of course there IS a way...  change the layout in boardindex.template.php
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

PSNick

Quote from: The Guy before me ^^
Hitokiri,
Of course there IS a way...  change the layout in boardindex.template.php

Yeah, i know that... and i have tried but without success hehe, that's why i'm asking ^^, thanks anyways...
PS: Still looking for the way to do that...

skyshroud

I am having an issue on RC3, which seems to apply to all of my themes, not just my forum default, which happens to be Helios Multi. My users cannot change avatars. The whole upload process seems to go smoothly, but there is no change to the av. It has been suggested that I re-upload EVERYTHING on the site....there has got to be a better way - I hope. Any suggestions? I first noticed this error within Helios, and some of the other themes have the action working properly...which has me a bit confused, since I imagine that a global error would effect all themes....

~scratching my head~

Achilles991

Hello all!
Can someone help me please?
I can't see online and offline buttons next to the posts and PMs. Why? I already have code from default theme display.template and noting was changed, except adding age and location, but i couldn't see online and offline buttons before modification. Check any topic of my forum at adress www.schoolnparty.com/forum/index.php
Please tell me what should i do!?

Advertisement: