News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Member Specific Permissions

Started by nathan89, October 06, 2008, 07:31:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nathan89

Is there a way to change a members permissions without creating a new group?  I need a member to be apart of the administrators group but dont want them to have access to all of the permissions it comes with.  I need that member to be apart of the administrators group because flashchat pulls those members from that group and makes them admins on the chat. On know that on previous versions of SMF there was a mod for this, any suggestions. 

Can I change the permissions for the administrators group completely and just create another group that has ALL permissions?

Jade Elizabeth

Why not change the mod? Perhaps you should ask the mod author to enable a way for you to assign admins in the chat.

You cannot assign permissions on a per member basis, and giving them admin permissions will enable them admin center access...so if you want it only for chat, then it's the chat mod that needs to be modified :).

If the author will not do it for you you can ask for help in the help wanted (not for support) board, or the coding discussion board :).

For more information on permissions see here.
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

H

As the admin permissions and ID are hardcoded you'll have to ask the mod author about this as Jade has suggested :)
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

Advertisement: