News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Portal Management PortaMx v1.54 ecl for SMF 2 (updated)

Started by feline, October 07, 2008, 07:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JetBoom

Table 'smf.smf_portamx_settings' doesn't exist
File: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\public_html\forums\Packages\temp\db_install.php
Line: 107

And I assume this is some kind of permissions problem with MySQL so is there any way to fix that?

feline

Quote from: JetBoom on October 24, 2008, 03:39:43 PM

And I assume this is some kind of permissions problem with MySQL so is there any way to fix that?
You can create the tables manually with phpMyAdmin before you run the packedmanager.

The tablestructures:
-- Tablestructur for `smf_portamx_settings`
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `smf_portamx_settings` (
  `id` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
  `config` text NOT NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY  (`id`)
) TYPE=MyISAM ;

-- Tablestructur for `smf_portamx_blocks`
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `smf_portamx_blocks` (
  `id` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
  `side` varchar(6) NOT NULL,
  `pos` smallint(6) NOT NULL default '0',
  `active` tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '0',
  `cache` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
  `cacherefresh` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
  `blocktype` varchar(30) NOT NULL,
  `config` text NOT NULL,
  `content` text NOT NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY  (`id`),
  KEY `side_pos` (`side`,`pos`)
) TYPE=MyISAM ;

Fel

feline

Quote from: babjusi on October 24, 2008, 02:33:55 PM
Quote from: feline on October 12, 2008, 06:33:04 AM
Quote from: Boxer2 on October 12, 2008, 06:05:53 AM
Great stuff, is there any chance for 1.xx version????
No.. Never  ;D

Fel

May I ask why Fel?
It's a big change, because 1.1x have no moderation center, other tables, other querys and mutch more.

Fel

D M G

Quote from: Trinny on October 10, 2008, 06:56:48 PM
??? Like what?

Fel takes other peoples software, changes the odd part and claims it as her own, that is probably what he is referring to. If he doesn't mean that, then I assume he means the insecure mess that is Felblog. :P

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=192944.0

Bancherd

QuoteI assume he means the insecure mess that is Felblog. :P

Don't know much about security, but I have been using Felblog-alpha for more than half a year now.....it still has a few minor bugs, but it survived many attacks.  My users are pretty happy with it for what it does.

You can see it in action on my live site, but I am moving my site at the moment; it should be up shortly(after DNS-updates).

Bancherd
PS. I also do not know anything about personal conflicts, but public places is hardly a good place to air dirty laundry.  ;D

feline

Quote from: D M G on October 24, 2008, 07:01:46 PM
Fel takes other peoples software, changes the odd part and claims it as her own, that is probably what he is referring to.
That is a violent assumption. If you cannot prove that, then hold back you.

Fel

babjusi

Quote from: D M G on October 24, 2008, 07:01:46 PM
Quote from: Trinny on October 10, 2008, 06:56:48 PM
??? Like what?

Fel takes other peoples software, changes the odd part and claims it as her own, that is probably what he is referring to. If he doesn't mean that, then I assume he means the insecure mess that is Felblog. :P

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=192944.0

Don''t try to ruin Fel''s thread by making such unfounding accusations. Fel is a very talented person and doesn''t need to take or copy other peoples software and present them as her own.

JetBoom

Installed it. New problems.

It keeps reverting from "Show the frontpage in the Forum area" to "No frontpage, go directly to Forum". If I view the block manager then all four of the sections are completely empty with no options to add or edit any blocks. Using a custom theme.

Turned on error logging and it spams these two things at about 100 per second:

8: Undefined index: frontpage
Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file
File: C:/Inetpub/wwwroot/public_html/forums/Sources/PortaMx/PortaMx.php
Line: 77

8: Undefined index: portamx_copyright
Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file
File: C:/Inetpub/wwwroot/public_html/forums/Sources/PortaMx/LoadData.php
Line: 749

There's also no Block Editor section in the PortaMX bar of the admin section. I guess it didn't install correctly but the only errors that came up were because babylon and classic didn't exist.

Antechinus

Run this query in phpMyAdmin. It'll sort the copyright error.

REPLACE INTO `smf_portamx_settings` (`id`, `config`) VALUES
(2, '<span id="pmx_copywrite">\n   <a href="%s" target="_blank" class="new_win">%s%s&trade; v%s%s corp.</a>\n</span>'),
(3, '<span style="margin:5px auto; padding:5px; text-align:center; font-size:small; font-weight:bold; color:red; background-color:yellow; border:1px solid black; display:block;">\n   Sorry, the PortaMx copyright must be in the template. Display of copyright is a legal requirement.<br />Please notify this forum''s administrator that this site is missing the copyright for the <a href="http://portamx.com" target="_blank" style="color: black;">Portal Management Extension PortaMx&trade;</a>\n</span>');

Fel will know about the other one. Offhand I'd try overwriting the PMx admin files using ftp (if you haven't done that already).

feline

Quote from: JetBoom on October 27, 2008, 01:42:14 PM
There's also no Block Editor section in the PortaMX bar of the admin section. I guess it didn't install correctly but the only errors that came up were because babylon and classic didn't exist.
If you have installed with errors, it's better to copy all files from the archive to your server. Also you have to update the settings table as antechinus say.

Fel

JetBoom

feline

Good report  :D
Go to the PortaMx settings manager and check all setting, correct and save.

Fel

JetBoom

? That's just the point - it doesn't save. I'm back to where I started from except the error it gives is different.

Antechinus

Have you checked that all the PortaMx files went into place properly?

Also did you create the database tables manually before attempting to install?

JetBoom

I installed everything fine and did the two queries you gave.

I decided to uninstall and start again, removing the babylon and classic modifications from the xml. So let's just try and fix this:

Shouldn't db_install create the table first? I looked in my tables and smf_portamx_blocks and its keys were made fine (although it has no rows).

Antechinus

It should do, and removing classic and babylon shouldn't be necessary even though they can be reinstated easily enough whenever anyone wishes to.

Anyway apparently PortaMx installation is sensitive to server settings. I can't use the package manager for installing PortaMx even though several other mods which create new directories, edit existing files and modify the database will install just fine.

What I did for my latest installation was to dump my database from my forum and restore it on my local host. I then ran the PortaMx installation and dumped that database. The local processing is very quick and easy and can be done with the package manager.

Next step was to ftp all the PortaMx files into place (keeping the proper directory structure, of course). This is the only part that may take some time, depending on your connection speed.
Then I restored the modified database online and ran PortaMx through the package manager.

Doing it that way the result was flawless. Mind you it'd damned well want to be after all that. Since there are some things I can't alter in my server taking this somewhat tedious but utterly reliable path seems to me to be my best option. 

JetBoom

I use remote desktop though so it's some setting that the install isn't taking in to consideration. Can someone just give me a complete set of queries that the installer would make then?

feline

Copy the attached file to your forum root (where you find the settings.php).
Open your prefered browser, enter your forum url and add /dbinstall.php at the end of line and press enter.
If a login screen shown, login as admin.

dbinstall.php create the portamx tables and load the default settings.

Fel

JetBoom

Isn't that just a copy of the db_install.php in the zip?

Database Error
File: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\public_html\forums\dbinstall.php
Line: 126

I meant a dump I can put in to phpmyadmin or GUI tools.

Nevermind, I went though the db_install.php and created the queries myself. Everything seems to be working fine and no errors are being generated except for one thing: I added a news panel to the frontpage and set the board to display to the news forum but instead of displaying any posts, it just displays a blank table with the "News" title I put there.

Advertisement: