Portal Management PortaMx v1.54 ecl for SMF 2 (updated)

Started by feline, October 07, 2008, 07:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antechinus

Well I'm just telling you what I've found to work for this mod on my server. From memory the package manager did not allow access to all the necessary folders. Cpanel ftw.

feline

PortaMx is proud to announce the version 0.956 of the great Portal Management Extension.

We have added many new features, a Admin Center on wich you can install new versions and upgrades, additional languages and read the online Manual.

Try it, see it, feel it ...

Feline

Antechinus

0.965? That's fast work. You only had 0.956 yesterday.;D

Bancherd

Quote from: Antechinus on February 21, 2009, 04:17:00 PM

You beat me to it !

Yeah....latest update is even more slick and easy to configure than the original releases, the control panel...and nice build-in blocks.

feline

Quote from: Antechinus on February 21, 2009, 04:17:00 PM
I think, I make a little bit shocking  :D

Fel

jossanaijr

Hi,
installed without error in a fresh 2.0 RC21 but it is not showing in admin panel.
Any help?

feline

Use the default theme and english language ...

Fel

feline

You are shure, that the installer applied the changes to the files?

For more info about install problems read this topics:
http://portamx.com/index.php?topic=281.0
and
http://portamx.com/index.php?topic=152.0

Fel

jossanaijr

Wow,
it said it was installed without problems but now I see that there are more then 700 forum errors ! and I cannot unistall it!
I will try to discover which files should I repair...

BTW and if I do not want to register in your site to get help?

Antechinus

Have you got backup files from just before you tried to install PMx? If you do I advise you to use them.

feline

Quote from: jossanaijr on February 22, 2009, 02:27:07 PM
BTW and if I do not want to register in your site to get help?
Guest can read .. not write

Fel

feline

Quote from: jossanaijr on February 22, 2009, 02:27:07 PM
I will try to discover which files should I repair...

these files are changed on PortaMx install:

* index.php
    * SSI.php
    * Sources/Admin.php
    * Sources/Display.php
    * Sources/Errors.php
    * Sources/Load.php
    * Sources/ManageMaintenace.php
    * Sources/ManagePermissions.php
    * Sources/ModerationCenter.php
    * Sources/Security.php
    * Sources/Subs.php
    * Sources/Subs-Boards.php
    * Themes/default/scripts/xml_topic.js
    * Themes/babylon/style.css

Fel

sheryltoo

I managed to get this installed by following the directions for setting permissions on the portmaMx site.
Thanks for that tip, however I have one question.
Perhaps I'm not seeing it but I can't seem to figure out how to add blocks to the left block block.
Are there blocks I can add?

Also, I was just experimenting with Frontpage and typed a couple sentences on a couple lines and when I went to view it, the lines were almost overlapping each other.
I had to leave 2-3 spaces in between a line in order to keep the lines from overlapping each other.
Is this how it's suppose to work?
Sheryl

PerryM

Wow, fantastic module.

I installed it fine and have just one problem - when the fckeditor tries to insert a picture I get all kinds of crazy messages - I can't copy and past so I'll have to take a screen print and include it in a day or so.

Thanks for sharing a super mod.

Perry
Perry

feline

If you have a older release of FCKeditor installed?
As example from a TinyPortal distribution?

In this case you have to remove the old release, restart your webserver and clear your browser cache.

Fel

feline

Quote from: sheryltoo on February 22, 2009, 09:35:00 PM
Perhaps I'm not seeing it but I can't seem to figure out how to add blocks to the left block block.
On each panel titlebar in the block overview you find on the right side a icon. Click on it to add a block ...

Also, I was just experimenting with Frontpage and typed a couple sentences on a couple lines and when I went to view it, the lines were almost overlapping each other.
When you see that? On preview in the FCKeditor or after saved the block?
Tip: The block content uses the styles from you theme. So you have set the line-height correct.
To do this, you can use a division in the editor like this:
<div style="line-height:150%;"> .. content .. </div>

Fel

sheryltoo

Thanks for helping me out.
I haven't had much time to play with it. I was just mainly concerned with getting it installed yesterday since I had just upgraded to RC1 so I have lots to learn.
I'll play around with it later today.
So far it looks great. I love the editor that comes with Frontpage. It looks as if it will make it easier to create a custom page.
Sheryl

PerryM

Quote from: feline on February 23, 2009, 08:03:06 AM
If you have a older release of FCKeditor installed?
As example from a TinyPortal distribution?

In this case you have to remove the old release, restart your webserver and clear your browser cache.

Fel

I deleted the fckeditor folder in the smf directory, un-installed this module and reinstalled it, and cleared the Admin>Maintenance>Form Maintenance>Database>Routine>Empty the File Cash, did a Ctrl-F5 and I get the same error.

Thanks for helping but I have the same error...
Perry

feline

I dont know whats go wrong, but the request wich I see in you picture is NOT from the fckeditor, they developed in the PortaMx package ...

Fel

Advertisement: