Portal Management PortaMx v1.54 ecl for SMF 2 (updated)

Started by feline, October 07, 2008, 07:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

feline

Quote from: resti on March 09, 2009, 03:37:21 AM
Portal MX is awesome! but how can i integrate the zcommunity mod without having any trouble?

the link from my tab is this.
..../index.php?zc
and i'm getting this error.

"Page request Error. The page you have requested does not exist."
PortaMx use detects in this as a "Page" request.
I have masked the "zc" request .. but then I see, that this mod not use the normal layer technologie from SMF .. so it run not in the forum "main" layer.
In this case, the zc mod in not compatible with other mod they use the SMF layer technologie. Please contact the author of the ZC Mod.

Fel

willerby

After install I have some formatting errors on customised version of Jade's Shadow People theme:

1. Signatures align to far left in each post rather than below text body

2. Stats centre aligns to far left, wrapping around icons rather than in separate fild on table?

Screen shots below. I can only assume there is some .css issue somewhere, any ideas? All loks great on core but not on my theme!

W
What type of washing machine is September?

An autumnatic. :)

willerby

Re above, this alignment error is browser specific, IE 7, with Firefox and Google formatting correctly...

IE 7 worked fine until install of PortaMX - any clues as to what's going on?

feline

I don't know that theme .. I use only themes from DzinerStudio.
With these themes all works correct with any browser.

Fel

willerby

It's a real weird conflict between browser, PortaMx and the theme. I could correct on IE7 by reverting to default Board Index and forum.css but the Signatures misalignment was beyond me. At one point it was even showing aligned too far left on the default core theme and I hadn't touched any of those files.

Unfortunately have had to unistall PortaMx which thankfully has fixed everything.

Not much more I can do as have insuffiecient knowledge of where the issue may lie

Thanks anyway

Antechinus

You could sort the sigs in ie7.css. The BoardIndex bug is odd though. I suggest asking Jade about it. If the default file doesn't have that problem it sounds like a bug in Shadow People. I can't remember when she released that theme but the old 2b4 info centre had some bugs in IE. If Shadow People's file is based on the 2b4 one that would explain it.

ETA: Just spoke to Jade on MSN and it is using the 2b4 file structure. I'll annoy her until she relents and upgrades the theme for RC1. :D

Senalaya

I had similar problems with a 2b4 theme and signatures. Removing a "clear:both;" (.signature) in the theme's style.CSS fixed it for me.

willerby

Thanks Fel, Ant and Senalaya,

I'll try again when I can take the forum offline for a period. Perhaps after Jade has upgraded her theme. No fun as a noobie experimenting and trying to fix formatting isues on a live site - all sorts of weird results. Fix it on one browser and the others screw up.

sean9461

Hi, Firstly, this mod is great but require some help.
This maybe easy to fix or it may be impossible i dont know...

Well, i have two side bars on my forum one on left and one on right.
when you load the page the left sidebar loads automatically and then the right one pops out and pushes the center of the forum across.

to see for your self: http://www.consolefans.co.uk [nofollow]

how do i make it so it loads like at the same time instead of pushing the board over and loading last?

Thanks.

feline

That is a normal effect, if the middle area larger than the space between the left and right panel.

Fel

welshdog

Quote from: feline on October 12, 2008, 06:33:04 AM
Quote from: Boxer2 on October 12, 2008, 06:05:53 AM
Great stuff, is there any chance for 1.xx version????
No.. Never  ;D

Fel

Hi Feline, I well recall you dropping into my tiny forum (http:www.australianopinion.com) and fixing FelBlog for which we're still grateful!! I recently upgraded TP to v 1.0 beta 3... and sadly we've now lost the blogs. Based on your brilliant work we'd happily follow you into SMF 2.0 *if* we could find a Shoutbox for your Portal system.

Is there one available? I've looked on your site (and in SMF Mods etc) but can't see one so far.

feline

The current release (0.957 Rev2) have a shoutbox. You see it on the PortaMx support site at the right panel ..
It's that what you mean?

Fel

Filipina

Feline I am glad I found you I thought you were gone somewhere!  A am sorry if this is not the right place but I need help do you still support the FelBlog for SMF 0.940?  Is there some way I can use your PortaMx and save my blogs from SMF 0.940? :)  Please tell me what to do I have 100's of blogs I don't want to lose them :)

feline

A better place was the PortaMx support forum  ;)
But .. I can say, that we work on the Felblog integration for SMF 2.0 and PortaMx so you can upgrade your Forum to SMF 2 / PortaMx and The Blog..

Fel

feline

Please post your questions on portamx.com and tell my wich version you use (SMF / Felblog)

Fel

mattchewone

Can i  ask how you add a link on the HTML block, but do it so that it doesnt display it as the url but a word i choose, if that makes sense.

e.g

www.ppforums.co.uk/index.php?action=forum - i would want Community as the word for the url.

I can add a link but i cant determine what is being displayed.

Matt

ttuu

oneupdave

Your work looks awesome, but I'm getting pretty frustrated just trying to install it.  Here's the run-down:

Found your portal, among others, on the SMF mod site.  Downloaded the latest package listed there (.956 or something) and uploaded the package through the backend panel.  But it won't let me install it, since it claims it isn't compatible with my version of SMF or some BS along those lines.  So I go on your site, and notice there's actually a 957 release available.  I attempt to download it, but it asks for a login.  Cool, I'm used to this type of stuff from other sites, so I figured that I'd just make an account here.  Unfortunately, that captcha you've got that says "Short term for "PortaMx Administration Center" ?:" is some kind of sick joke, because I can't, for the life of me, figure out what the *heck* that means, let alone what the answer is, and I'm no bot by any means.  So I try the OpenID method, because you know, you have it as an option to login.  But apparently, AOL, MyOpenID, and hxxp:openid.org [nonactive] aren't valid providers or able to send the correct data, according to your forums.

In short, there's no way for me to actually get the damn thing working, and it's frustrating me, because it sounds like your product is all-around better than TP or even SP.  Please either send me a copy of the package, open up your downloads page to the general public, or upload an updated version to the SMF mod site.  Thanks.

I'm currently using SMF 2.0 RC1-1.

Antechinus

At a guess I'd try "PMx Admin" for the registration thing (since Porta is usually referred to as PMx for short) but yes, she could have chosen something better. If you can't get Fel in a reasonable timeframe send me a pm. I know she has a broken arm at the moment so she isn't spending much time at her keyboard.

Advertisement: