Portal Management PortaMx v1.54 ecl for SMF 2 (updated)

Started by feline, October 07, 2008, 07:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

feline

Look at the archive and you see the folder stucture like on you server.
I'm sure that you see a lot of 0 byte files where it must  a folder ..
/Sources/PortaMx, Themes/default/PortaMx, Themes/default/languages/PortaMx and more ....

Fel

eyo

where can i find the admin center for portamx? just installed it on smf2.0rc4, got 3 errors 8)
real newb here and i cant seem to find it. by modular does this mean it doesnt install the admin center in my local mock board? i really need to fiddle with all it can do before i start uploading anything.

feline

Tunz Master

is there a way to turn the background color of a script or html block "black"

i am using photos with a black background in my blocks & they stand out against the "light black/dark grey" background.  want to make it dark black.

thanks in advance, new to this & sorry if it is obvious in the program to do this option, but I couldn't find it.

Dino

feline

Yes .. put the content in a division ..
<div style="background-color:black;">
your content
</div>

Fel

Tunz Master

FireDitto

*sigh*

I was uninstalling PortaMX v0.990.

I had a few manual removals to do;
./index.php
./Sources/Admin.php
./Sources/ModerationCenter.php

All of those were easily delt with, and having done that, I saved those files and pressed "Uninstall"

The page chewed on it for a moment, then gave me the lovely Blank Page.

I've requested help at the PortaMX site, but I wanted to throw it out here, in case someone who could point me in the direction of Recovery was about. I'm lost as a grain of rice in a snow field and would very much like to get my site back online.

hxxp://second-pass.net

(PS. I have tried "Repair Settings" without effect.)
Second Pass Weyr<br />An AU Pernse RPG<br /><br />SMF 2.0.6 with SP 2.3.5

feline

The PortaMx corp. released the version 1.0 RC4 for SMF 2.0 RC4 / RC5 (and we hope) the last RC before v1.0 becomes gold.
If you have a older release (like v0.990) installed, this must uninstall these before.

Feline

Powerbob

My SMF 2.1 Beta test site; http://www.pplb.net/smf21/index.php

Parody

Sorry, wrong place.

desibees

Quote from: desibees on April 02, 2011, 08:56:00 PM
how to activate sidebar from this portal keeping your normal forum as your homepage?

PortaMx Admin Centre > Settings Manager > Front page settings > tick No Frontpage, go directly to Forum

my new question: how to make the sidebar appear on index page only?

I'm the.. Help abuser

feline

Quote from: desibees on April 03, 2011, 01:06:38 AM
my new question: how to make the sidebar appear on index page only?
PortaMx Admin Center > Settings Manager > Panel settings > Hide the panel on section
Select ^Forums (hold down Strg-Key and take a double click to Forums)
The ^ at the front mean Hide NOT .. Forums mean the boardindex, unread etc.

Fel

desibees

Hey fel, help me out. How do you change this orange color to something else?

I'm the.. Help abuser

feline

That is dependent on the Theme .. (catbg, titlebg) .. you can set on of the both, to see what comes.

Jesna

How hard is it to change the language in the user part? I need the front end to be in danish :)

The admin part is ok in english

/Jakob

feline

Quote from: Jesna on April 08, 2011, 09:41:56 AM
How hard is it to change the language in the user part? I need the front end to be in danish :)
Simple translate the PortaMx language files (Themes/default/languages/PortaMx/*.english.php)

Fel

Jesna

Hi Feline

Yes I found it. Actually very easy to change the language. Thanks for that :)

I have new question:
When im writing an article (html - havent tried others) nothing happens when I hit the save buttons. So I was thinking of is there any chmod to do in some of the files in portamx?

UPDATE: Its more like its stuck when im editing something. Cancel dosent work either. I have changed the Frontpage text but now I cant change it again

/Jakob

feline

If the html editor (fckeditor) works, on save the content is saved to the database ...
So I can't say what wrong if the fckeditor works..

JPA

Installed portamx on a new install of smf rc5 and all is working great except the fckeditor.  When I try to insert an image or browse the server I get an error: the server didn't reply with a proper xml data.  please check your configuration.  Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.
As above, so below.

InfoStrides

I just installed PortaxMX but have the following error:

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/theinfo3/public_html/Sources/PortaMx/Class/System/PortaMx_BlocksClass.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/theinfo3/public_html/Sources/PortaMx/PortaMx.php on line 63

Advertisement: