News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Portal Management PortaMx v1.54 ecl for SMF 2 (updated)

Started by feline, October 07, 2008, 07:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

feline

Thanks Kindred ..
But as I just see, have Mihac removed the PortaMx copyright. That is a license violation they we can't accept.

Mihac™

Quote from: feline on July 11, 2011, 10:52:30 AM
Thanks Kindred ..
But as I just see, have Mihac removed the PortaMx copyright. That is a license violation they we can't accept.

Feline please do not falsely that I moved PortaMx copyright.
Your PortaMx copyright overlaps with the script SimpleSEF, Aeva media and even many others, so your Portal is not working properly. Here you go alone and do not try the costs of error.
As you no shame?

"kad budala postavi neko glupo pitanje ni deset mudraca ne može na njega odgovoriti "

feline

Relating to the copyright violation you have received an email from us.
The consequences will have to carry you ...
And now .. stop your spamming please.

snooks

Just messing with this so bit of a noobie if someone could explain to me how to change a few things please,

# How to disable left side bar when viewing forums only ?
# I have checked guests and regular members and neither see's then front page portal only the left side bar, so where do i set this so ALL see's the front page ?

Thats it for now
thank you

feline

Quote from: snooks on July 11, 2011, 04:36:11 PM
# How to disable left side bar when viewing forums only ?
PortaMx Admin - Settings - Panels - left panel
on Hide the panel on section: . select and take a double click on Frontpage .. (this show as ^Frontpage) .. Save.
Now the left panel is visible only on the frontpage ...
Quote from: snooks
# I have checked guests and regular members and neither see's then front page portal only the left side bar, so where do i set this so ALL see's the front page ?
Set the access right for all block you have on the frontpage.

azhriel

Hi there, I though I installed this without error but when I trying to make a post on my forum, the posting area becomes like this

the same with a default theme

Then when Im making script blocks or php blocks the panels also is as wide as the screen shot show. It's over to the right side of the screen.

feline

snooks

Quote from: snooks
Set the access right for all block you have on the frontpage.

Please explain, i don't understand what to do in this area, how to make it so frontpage is visible for all not just admins  http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/850/12072011071536.jpg/

thanks

azhriel

Quote from: feline on July 12, 2011, 12:16:20 AM
Browser you use?
Link to your site?

I installed it on a working (live) site so I cannot let it with that kind of error, so I already uninstalled it & put another portal.

By the way i use chrome browser

feline

Quote from: snooks on July 12, 2011, 02:18:15 AM
Please explain, i don't understand what to do in this area, how to make it so frontpage is visible for all not just admins
You must set the usergroups they can see the block. If you select nothing, only the admin can see all ...

snooks

Yes i understand i have to do that pal just don't know how to do this, i cannot get the grip of the box and how to select all groups thats what i need explaining sorry not very good at these things
If you could explain to me how i select all groups in this image please so everyone can see the frontpage
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/850/12072011071536.jpg/

I have tried selecting more than one group and pressing add group but i cannot select more than one group :s or should i say dont know how to

thnx

feline

Hold down the Strg-key and click on a item .. it's highlighted and selected.
Hold down the Strg-key and click on a highlighted item .. it's not highlighted and deselected.
If you have all done, click on update or update ALL.
The popup is removed and at the bottom you see the buttons Save and Cancel.
Click on Save to store the changes permanently, click on Cancel to restore old values.

snooks

Quote from: feline on July 12, 2011, 04:06:27 PM
Hold down the Strg-key and click on a item .. it's highlighted and selected.
Hold down the Strg-key and click on a highlighted item .. it's not highlighted and deselected.
If you have all done, click on update or update ALL.
The popup is removed and at the bottom you see the buttons Save and Cancel.
Click on Save to store the changes permanently, click on Cancel to restore old values.

ahhh before i didnt see the save changes, all is good now thank you

Powerbob

My SMF 2.1 Beta test site; http://www.pplb.net/smf21/index.php

feline

PortaMx v1.4 developed

PortaMx v1.4 is a update for PortaMx v1.0 / v1.1 / v1.2 / v1.3 and a full install package.
This release fixed all known bugs we found in the previous releases.
PortaMx versions older then 1.0 must be uninstall before.

azhriel

try to install it to my forum but the process is too slow & i got

"408 Request Time-out"

This request takes too long to process, it is timed out by the server. If it should not be timed out, please contact administrator of this web site to increase 'Connection Timeout'.

Is it safe to request on my webhost to increase the connection time out?

feline

azhriel

Well it looks like when I install this package. a warning says that it needs to change to make some files writable. That I think is the problem why i got request time out. Can you please tell me what files should be in wriatble status so that I can change that in FTP not via installation itself

feline

Simple try the package parser here or on our site to see which files changed and installed ...

snooks

question please, when upgrading do i check the "Remove all data associated with this modification" when i uninstall 1.3 version ?

thanks

Advertisement: