Portal Management PortaMx v1.54 ecl for SMF 2 (updated)

Started by feline, October 07, 2008, 07:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

feline

if you will update from 1.3 to 1.4 you need no uninstall .. the v1.4 can update a existing 1.3.
When you uninstall before apply v1.4, leave the database tables untouched (NOT check "Remove all data associated with this modification"), these are automatically converted to the new release.

feline

tempster

when i did the 2.01 upgrade to smf, the installed portamx disappeared from admin.  The package manager shows 1.4 installed but the uninstall doesn't work.  the package manager seems to indicate that portamx 1.4 is current version and the 1.41version of portamx I downloaded for portamx.com is older.

okay, I clicked on 2.0 emulation and then 1.41 upgrade option appeared and installed but there is no portamx menu in admin.

How are you getting the seo friendly urls on your site that have the title of the posts in the url?

feline

tempster

feline

In this case the Portal installation is nevermore complete.
Try a uninstall (ignore all errors) and install again..

tempster

how are you getting the seo friendly urls? is this part of portamx?

feline

tempster

feline

PortaMx v1.45 developed

PortaMx v1.45 is a update for PortaMx v1.0 / v1.1 / v1.2 / v1.3 / v1.4 /v1.41 and a full install package.
This release fixed all known bugs we found in the previous releases.
PortaMx versions older then 1.0 must be uninstall before.

bwakino

I installed portamx and am having problems with adding blocks to the top center and head areas.  Originally blocks were working but then disappeared.  Can someone help me?

feline

Guillelmus

Installing PortaMX v1.45 on a freshly installed SMF 2.0.1 resulted in:
Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '... /Sources/PortaMx/Class/System/PortaMx_BlocksClass.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in ... /Sources/PortaMx/PortaMx.php on line 75

Seems like the Class subfolder is missing.

Thereä's no big problem since I did this to my test installation and I can wipe out the whole installation, but I wonder what causes this.

feline

This is often a problem if the SMF package manager can't create folders...

Guillelmus

Quote from: feline on November 15, 2011, 01:31:18 PM
This is often a problem if the SMF package manager can't create folders...
Haven't had the problem with any other MODs though. Perhaps a word of caution would be in place in the instructions?

MrNicotine

Question. I've had problems with Ajaxchat in combination with the 1.41 version. The frontpage-block conflicted with chat-access for my users.
(Took me ALOT of time before figuring this out :D )

Now I'd like to try this one, 1.45, hoping the problem won't occur again. It might just have been a setting problem from my side, but since I've been working on this so much, I might as well use the upgraded version.
Now the question, I'm trying to uninstall, but the packagemanager won't let me. I've been emulating some versions, but no uninstall button.
I've read that this is also an upgrade, but since it caused me problems, I'd like to have a fresh start.

Is there a way to uninstall manually, without editing the database?
Or is it completely safe to do the upgrade?

Smf version is 2.01 btw.

feline

Which version of PortaMx you have currently installed?

MrNicotine

feline

You can update a installed 1.41 and you can uninstall the installed 1.41. For uninstall you have to emulate a SMF 2.0

MrNicotine

Ok, thanks. Of all the emulations, I didn't try that one. This worked.
Manually, I had to alter ./Boardindex.php, but that wasn't a problem.

But now I do have one. I installed Portamx 1.45, and it gave me one error.
Same as before, the boardindex. Figured out wat that was, I made a mistake. Fixed that, still no problem.

But the installer didn't make any changes to my files. It only installed database tables en copied the files.
I followed the parser, to get it to work.
But in the first bit, I immediately got an error:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function PortaMx() in C:\Inetpub\vhosts\mydomain.com\httpdocs\index.php on line 210.
Everything else went fine. Also, I don't have an admin panel.

Advertisement: