News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Portal Management PortaMx v1.54 ecl for SMF 2 (updated)

Started by feline, October 07, 2008, 07:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

waplist

I am using portamx on 2.0.11. I love that so many options and features are there but at same time its confusing.I also have situation like kindred. Your predifined HTML block show no matter what i change to but when with same setting i create second block on front page it doesmt show up.please help me

feline

If you create a new block and save him, you must enable the block in the overview screen. To see all option you have on the overview, move the mouse over the entrys to see a small help ...
More help you can find on http://portamx.com/category/portamx-documentation/

waplist

Sorry that was redsy fault.It doesnt show that option so i could not figure out it.Its working now.one minor problem is that when installing this mod on redsy theme i got test failed on display.template.php.i went to that file and the code was present there which script is trying to find but its showing test failed. Why?

waplist

I think portamx places cookies to show the blocks because when i reset all to other theme it doesnt change the theme but when i clear the cookies it show other theme.This do not happen when portamx is not installed.I dont whats happening with me

feline

Any mod and also PortaMx is designed for the default SMF Theme. It works on many other Themes, but not at all. That we can't test. So if you have problems use the default theme specially for the Admin part..

deciph3red

While installing on a fresh install I am getting errors on the following:
1. Replace ./Sources/Load.php Test failed
1. Add After ./Sources/LogInOut.php Test failed

As far as I can tell, everything seems to be working (on a 6 year old install that has been upgraded) so I decided to REINSTALL a fresh SMF install and a fresh PortaMX install. . . . still getting the exact same error.  What am I doing wrong?

feline

I update the PortaMx package today to work with SMF 2.0.15 and also php 7.
This new archive you can download on our Site ..

Fel

MamaTea

Quote from: feline on March 13, 2018, 02:23:20 PM
I update the PortaMx package today to work with SMF 2.0.15 and also php 7.
This new archive you can download on our Site ..

Fel

Hey there Fel,

I am having troubles downloading this onto my site 2.0.15 ...  When the version that I got off of this SMF site did not work, even in emulation mode, I checked here.

I found the new version on your site and tried downloading it like a normal mod package.  It did not work, though it did instruct me on how to download it VIA my FTP inside the Packages folder.  It said that I would be able to find the package in "Browse Packages" after the download, I have not.

I even changed the file attributes to 777 just to see if this did anything.  Nothing.

Any ideas?  I would really like to get your portal working.  It just seems perfect for my purposes..

Thanks for the help,

Kali

GigaWatt

Just tried it on a fresh 2.0.15 install (no mods or additional themes). It reports errors on Load.php and LogInOut.php.

Load.php failed test.

Code (Find) Select
function loadUserSettings()
{
global $modSettings, $user_settings, $sourcedir, $smcFunc;
global $cookiename, $user_info, $language;

// Check first the integration, then the cookie, and last the session.
if (count($integration_ids = call_integration_hook('integrate_verify_user')) > 0)

Code (Replace) Select
function loadUserSettings($checkOnly = false)
{

if (empty($checkOnly) && count($integration_ids = call_integration_hook('integrate_verify_user')) > 0)

LogInOut.php failed test.

Code (Find) Select
function Login()
{
global $txt, $context, $scripturl;

Code (Add After) Select
if(!pmx_checkECL_Cookie())
pmx_ECL_Error('login');
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

MamaTea

Quote from: GigaWatt on June 25, 2018, 08:18:41 AM
Just tried it on a fresh 2.0.15 install (no mods or additional themes). It reports errors on Load.php and LogInOut.php.

Load.php failed test.

Code (Find) Select
function loadUserSettings()
{

if (count($integration_ids = call_integration_hook('integrate_verify_user')) > 0)

Code (Replace) Select
function loadUserSettings($checkOnly = false)
{

if (empty($checkOnly) && count($integration_ids = call_integration_hook('integrate_verify_user')) > 0)

LogInOut.php failed test.

Code (Find) Select
function Login()
{
global $txt, $context, $scripturl;

Code (Add After) Select
if(!pmx_checkECL_Cookie())
pmx_ECL_Error('login');

Was that from the version on the SMF site?

https://www.portamx.com/pages/portamx-downloads/  ----This page has a patch to fix the login issue for smf 2.0.15

This is what happens when I try to install the version on the smf site onto my smf forum:

5.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/Load.php   Test failed
      1.   Replace   ./Sources/Load.php   Test failed

6.           Execute Modification   ./Sources/LogInOut.php   Test failed
      1.   Add After   ./Sources/LogInOut.php   Test failed

As well as a fail in the theme that I like to use on my site, but that isn't such a big deal.

I would really like to get this portal on my site, I just wish I was more technologically inclined, so that I don't have to ask for help every time something fails  :D

So I am just not sure if I should just go ahead with the SMF version download and then ad the bit of an update on the PortaMx page, or what.

I don't really want to proceed and end up having to load a backup of my site!  hah!

MamaTea

I think I may have been confused about some things when it came to what to download from the PortaMx site.

I am just going to shoot for the version on SMF and manually install the update.  I'll post on my success!  thanks!

P.S.  Is there a way, after installation that I am able to find these errors?

How do you find them with manual installation?

Thanks again GigaWatt, you are always jumping in to help. :D

GigaWatt

Quote from: MamaTea on June 25, 2018, 10:13:29 AM
Was that from the version on the SMF site?

Yes. I couldn't find the downloads section on the PortaMX page.

https://www.portamx.com/pages/portamx-downloads/  ----This page has a patch to fix the login issue for smf 2.0.15

QuoteThe page you have requested does not exist or you have no access rights.

I guess I must be registered to download, that's why I couldn't find the downloads page :D.

This is what happens when I try to install the version on the smf site onto my smf forum:

5.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/Load.php   Test failed
      1.   Replace   ./Sources/Load.php   Test failed

6.           Execute Modification   ./Sources/LogInOut.php   Test failed
      1.   Add After   ./Sources/LogInOut.php   Test failed

As well as a fail in the theme that I like to use on my site, but that isn't such a big deal.

Exactly what happens in my case. Load.php and LogInOut.php can't be modified, they fail the test.

I would really like to get this portal on my site, I just wish I was more technologically inclined, so that I don't have to ask for help every time something fails  :D

This shouldn't happen with a mod on a fresh (vanilla) install, as it was in my case. Some mods may fail to install due to other mods that are already installed, but, the test should usually be made on a fresh install. If it fails to install on the default theme with no mods, then the mod is buggy.

So I am just not sure if I should just go ahead with the SMF version download and then ad the bit of an update on the PortaMx page, or what.

I would wait for the author to reply or write about this bug on the PortaMX forum (you can quote my post if they someone asks for a more detailed description of what went wrong during the installation). I would definitely not execute the installation since Load.php and LogInOut.php are both part of the more important core files in SMF. Without them, things might not load at all or you won't be able to log in on the forum, even with the default theme (Curve). In short, your risk breaking your forum.

Quote from: MamaTea on June 25, 2018, 10:40:32 AM
I am just going to shoot for the version on SMF and manually install the update.  I'll post on my success!  thanks!

As I said, I wouldn't do that.

Could you at least wait till I try to install it on my test site? I'll report if something went wrong or if it' just a minor problem and could be fixed manually.

P.S.  Is there a way, after installation that I am able to find these errors?

You could find them even before the mod is installed. There is a little notepad icon on the left side of the file that reports the error. Either click on it or right click --> open in new tab. The Replace and Add code snippets from my previous post are copied from that page.

How do you find them with manual installation?

By manual installation, you mean manually editing code yourself or manually uploading the mod file through the "Browse" button in SMF?

Thanks again GigaWatt, you are always jumping in to help. :D

No problem ;).
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

MamaTea

Thanks!  I will just wait and see what happens. :)

Attached is the patch from their site to fix the login issue manually.

Quote from: GigaWatt on June 25, 2018, 12:31:12 PM

By manual installation, you mean manually editing code yourself or manually uploading the mod file through the "Browse" button in SMF?

By manual installation I mean installing it using my FileZilla (which I am not even positive is an actual option at this point)

GigaWatt

Quote from: MamaTea on June 25, 2018, 12:46:51 PM
By manual installation I mean installing it using my FileZilla (which I am not even positive is an actual option at this point)

You could try and upload the zipped archive via FileZilla and see if SMF picks up the mod from the Packages directory, but this should be done only in cases where, for some reason, the online uploader (the "Browse" button) is not working.

If you mean locally unpacking and uploading the files, then no, I wouldn't do that. The installer has to do some edits to some of the source files in SMF, so just uploading all of them in some directory in SMF wouldn't work.

Thanks!  I will just wait and see what happens. :)

OK, I'll try it on my test site ASAP and write back ;).

Attached is the patch from their site to fix the login issue manually.

I assume the PHP file in the user_login.zip archive should be overwritten. Just in case, it's wise to make a backup (name the original file user_login.php.bak and copy the modified file in the same directory). The user_login.php file resides in forum_root/Sources/PortaMx/Class and if you were asking about the fixed file, yes, it's supposed to be uploaded via FTP (or your host's file manager, your choice... though FTP is usually faster, at least for changing between directories and going back and forth in your webspace ;)).

GigaWatt

OK, the good news is, the mod didn't break the forum. The bad news is, you can't edit what the portal actually shows (looks like). The default selection is the only thing that you can edit and if you remove anything from it (for example, the statistics block), you can't bring it by adding it in the panel again :S.

I'd wait for the author to reply the questions regarding the errors.

BTW, the user login fix wokrs. You can't login without applying it. I'm guessing it's the same login security fix that's applied in 2.0.14.

MamaTea

Thanks GigaWatt.

I am just pretty wishy-washy about all of the portals I have tried so far.  Many of them have many really great attributes, just not what I am looking for.

After digging a bit into this one, I have a feeling that it may be the same..

Arantor

MamaTea

Quote from: Arantor on June 26, 2018, 02:08:09 AM
What are you hoping to get out of a portal?

Well, most of the features I would like I have seen in some portal somewhere.  Except I have decided that I would like to change my site so that it is built from one platform- this forum.  This is a pretty new decision.  I was actually advised to do it originally, though I had just finished building my "main pages" and didn't want to let go of how pretty they were for some functionality.  I am ready now.

So I am going to need several extra pages, including a frontpage.  Preferably with easy blocks editing.

Something that I have been actively looking for, I feel like I have tried and tested just about everything out at this point, is a nice, clean looking blog/article addition (portal or not, most of them can probably be fixed up with the right theme).  I need this article section to be easily accessed, preferably with the option to let others keep their own- with restrictions.  And very photo friendly.  I want the main photo associated to be posted with the title of the article- and maybe even a tiny description. (I am working on getting the photo thing running with a mod now...not sure how it will translate into whatever article mod I go with though)

Right now I have my "journal" on wordpress.

I also want to be able to connect everything up and use the forum to run a "comment section" at the bottom of every single non-forum page.  This seems like it would work easiest and cleanest on one platform.

Using code to write this doesn't really seem plausible, anything I put together in code could possibly work on wordpress (doesn't seem worth the hassle), but from what I've learned I would not be able to implement this into the website builder I have on my other pages.

(I am very new to coding)

I feel like I got to rambling.

I want:
-To build a nice, clean site around my forum with several pages
-To build an attractive, clean journal with photos at the title link
-More options to journal such as excerpt at title link
-Functionality, with options to place extra comment sections in blocks

Another option I was thinking of looking into was to find out if there is some other platform that is easily integrated with SMF.  It would need to be free. 

****** I am working on this just hoping that I will have the money to pay a host soon.  Today is my due date- so I get 2 weeks from today before my site is shut down.  HAH!  I found some decent prices around.  I should be able to come up with the money in the next couple weeks.

Arantor

Honestly I think TinyPortal is the nearest to your requirements right now but to achieve all of that will require custom code to do it well.

MamaTea

Quote from: Arantor on June 26, 2018, 08:26:17 AM
Honestly I think TinyPortal is the nearest to your requirements right now but to achieve all of that will require custom code to do it well.

Thanks for your recommendation.  I like that TinyPortal a lot!

Advertisement: