Portal Management PortaMx v1.54 ecl for SMF 2 (updated)

Started by feline, October 07, 2008, 07:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GigaWatt

And it's being actively developed and supported ;). Not that PortaMx is not, but the developer is kind of moving away from the portal mod and trying their own separate portal + forum solution (PortaMX + SMF 2.1).
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

Arantor

I wouldn't describe it as that, I'd describe it as a competing forum package, called PortaMX-Forum.

feline

Quote from: Arantor on June 26, 2018, 02:40:42 PM
I wouldn't describe it as that, I'd describe it as a competing forum package, called PortaMX-Forum.
Exacly ..  ;)
It's a complete Forum Package with a Portal, SEF and more features, that is also full compatible with PHP 7.2,  https, http/2 and the EU GDPR !!

I have created this, because SMF don't love my changes and updates they need on SMF 2.1 to get a modern, perfect designed (also for mobile devices) and bug free running System..

After a long Time to work on this Forum (~ one year, I think), I can say, that this Product very stable.
Currently we work on the next update and we a near to the Release 1.4.1 ..
So .. if anyone have Interest on a modern and stable running Forum, that all have included what you need .. Go to PortaMx  ;)

Opps ... Now I'm sure I'll get the next lock on SMF  :laugh: (or this post is removed)

Feline

GigaWatt

"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

Arantor

Feline, GigaWatt was trying to help someone else with a question. You don't need to be so snappy about it.

GigaWatt

Quote from: feline on June 27, 2018, 01:38:27 PM
And now ? What will you say with this ? Tell me please or shutoff 🤗

I'm saying there's a bug and the mod can't be installed properly... and if you do install it, it doesn't function properly.

Quote from: GigaWatt on June 25, 2018, 04:26:35 PM
OK, the good news is, the mod didn't break the forum. The bad news is, you can't edit what the portal actually shows (looks like). The default selection is the only thing that you can edit and if you remove anything from it (for example, the statistics block), you can't bring it by adding it in the panel again :S.

I'd wait for the author to reply the questions regarding the errors.

BTW, the user login fix wokrs. You can't login without applying it. I'm guessing it's the same login security fix that's applied in 2.0.14.

Since you're the author of the mod, I think you should know this, that's all.

GigaWatt

Quote from: MamaTea on June 26, 2018, 10:27:44 PM
Nifty linkage trick.

The link is above every post ;). Just go above every post, in the "Re: Blah blah blah" line, right click, copy link ;).

I've got a Properties extension added in my browser, so I just usually go "the long way round", right click --> Properties --> mark the link --> Ctrl + C ::). I know, not really optimal, but it's a habit from the days browsers were not that "intelligent" :D.

MamaTea

Quote from: GigaWatt on June 27, 2018, 07:07:59 PM
Quote from: MamaTea on June 26, 2018, 10:27:44 PM
Nifty linkage trick.

The link is above every post ;). Just go above every post, in the "Re: Blah blah blah" line, right click, copy link ;).

Awesome!  Thanks.  I hadn't even thought about doing that, it certainly helps keep track of things!

Now that I am using social media to market my website and articles, I need to do more stuff like this.

I just realized a few weeks ago that, on facebook, you can copy the link address of a post and paste it into the comment section of another post- having it show up like a regular post share in the comments!

Great for self-promotion. :D

Arantor

@GigaWatt, it's historically been a waste of time trying to be nice to Feline.

iasdeoupxe

Hi *,

to avoid to switch a portal (until SMF 2.1 is released) or to downgrade to an older PHP version i have forked PortaMx on github and incorporated a few minor fixes i had collected to have at least some sort of compatibility with newer SMF and PHP updates:

hxxps://github.com/iasdeoupxe/PortaMx-1.54-ecl (external links not allowed)

Testing of / further contributions to the source code above are welcome.

I have also submitted these to the upstream repo hxxs://github.com/PortaMx/PortaMx-1.54-ecl but i doubt that these will be incorporated there as the repo looks quite abandoned.

iasdeoupxe

If there is still some one using this Portal / Software this is an important security warning:

It seems a few months ago the hxxp:portamx.com [nonactive] domain was completely unavailable and in the meantime there is some kind of "parking page" which means that ownership might have been taken over by some unknown entity.

This could also mean that a malicious new owner of that domain could e.g. create a new update server which is publishing a malicious update package (e.g. with injected malware / web shell or similar).

If you still want to keep this software running it is strongly suggested to e.g. edit your /etc/hosts file and replace something like this:

127.0.0.1       localhost
::1             localhost ip6-localhost ip6-loopback

by this:

127.0.0.1       localhost docserver.portamx.com portamx.com
::1             localhost ip6-localhost ip6-loopback docserver.portamx.com portamx.com

so that all requests are hitting your own host and not the problematic not valid domain anymore.

Edit:

If you don't trust me please read up what the "/etc/hosts" is on public available resources (e.g. found via Google) to see that this is not doing something malicious to your own PC.

Advertisement: