News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Floating Bar Mod

Started by live627, October 07, 2008, 10:16:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

souljaa

Hey, thanks for the great mod! Just a quick question. I added it manually on a custom theme. It shows up, but the message in the yellow box doesn't show up, the box itself does. Just wondering what I have to do to fix that?
Thanks
Souljaa

PM me for more information about staff. NOW HIRING.

dkharp

Greetings!  I have tried to get this to work on Invazion theme

I am running smf 110 /tp 1.083 
My site is http://www.36thid.info

how do I get it to work on this theme?

Please help

dkharp

I have edited this to work in other themes.  I seem to be having trouble in  Adagio theme with smf 110

Where should I put the code in the index template for this theme.

haerde

Polish bro
$txt['floating_bar_text'] = 'Witaj Gość , proszę  <a href="'. $scripturl .'index.php?action=login"><b>zaloguj się</b></a> albo <a href="'. $scripturl .'index.php?action=register"><b>zarejestruj</b></a>';
$txt['floating_mode'] = 'Włączyć Floating Bar Mod ?';
$txt['floating_text'] = 'Wpisz swój tekst, który pokaże się niezarejestrowanym użytkownikom w Floating Bar';

the_observer

Quote from: NIBOGO on October 11, 2008, 08:40:00 PM
Quote from: geo32101 on October 11, 2008, 08:30:17 PM
How do I add it to a costume theme, I did the edit to the default theme but I dont want it for that one.

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=parse;mod=1449;attach=71390;smf_version=1.1.6

Do the manual edit

Hi,

this is an interesting mode which i have install and is working great in the default theme

Unfortunatelly for me i use another theme the Aa New Damage v2

Since the above link which i have quoted is not working :( so i could read what i should do ,i tried to do the changes by myself.

So ,i went in the AA New Damage directory and start doing the changes manually but i face 2 problems :

1. When i try to make the second edit in the index.template.php file i dont find the <body>';
Instead i find a <body>
Nevertheless i made the change as suggested and i get this error :

Template Parse Error!
There was a problem loading the /Themes/Aa_New_Damage_v2/index.template.php template or language file. Please check the syntax and try again - remember, single quotes (') often have to be escaped with a slash (\). To see more specific error information from PHP, try accessing the file directly.

You may want to try to refresh this page or use the default theme.
syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting ',' or ';'

The other problem is that i have no ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english-utf8.php
but it says that this change is no vital for the installation of the mod.

So i guess the problem comes from problem number 1.Can you tell me what i can do to make it work?

Of course all these are speculations of a newbie who doent know coding but as you can see i am not lazy ,i try and i ask here for help when i dont know what else to do.

Thank you very much 4 your time reading this

The_Observer.

the_observer

Hi again.

Since i got no response for my question here i tried the Greek subforum and to my great surprise i got the answer from Butcher and so i translate his answer here ,in english ,just in case someone else will need it.

More or less he says that :

In AA_New_Damage v2 theme instead of adding the code after <body>';
you should add it after the
<body>
<a name="top"></a>';

His solution was precise and worked like a charm...

Thank you 4 reading this.

Regards,
The_Observer.

villasg

Greek-utf8

$txt['floating_bar_text'] = 'Καλώς ήρθες επισκέπτη , παρακαλώ <a href="'. $scripturl .'index.php?action=login"><b>login</b></a> ή <a href="'. $scripturl .'index.php?action=register"><b>register</b></a>';
$txt['floating_mode'] = 'Ενεργοποίσε το Floating Bar Mod?';
$txt['floating_text'] = 'Γράψε ένα δικό σου κείμενο γιά τους επισκέπτες στο Floating Bar';

Thanks

forummaker

Thanks for any help with this....
Great mod.... trying to get it working.
I am using a custom theme and have manually installed everything.
For some reason the "floating-bar.js"  file is creating an issue.
I've attached a couple images to show the error.
And.. I do have the "floating-bar.js" file in the default folder.
And.... when I change the theme to default, I can see the floating bar.... it works.
I just can't get it to work in the custom theme.
SMF 1.1.10
Thanks...

forummaker

I figured it out... WORKS GREAT! LOVE IT!
Thanks for the mod... with endless possibilities.

- = Orfeo = -

Nibogo, perdón la molestia, pero quería consultarte si sabes por qué la barra flotante se esconde detras de mi fader news, los foros y categorías, y los temas cuando navego por ellos, podrás responderme?

O sea estoy como visitante y aparece, cuando voy para abajo la barra sigue a la página, pero cuando la barra pasa el fader news o mensajes o foros etc. se esconde detras de ellos

Dzonny

Hello there,
Is there a way to put some custom position for bar, i want to floating bar be below current position, couse logo is never seen...
See attached pic for more info.

Dzonny

Thanks for your quick answer...
I've saw that, but it dont want if to come from bottom, but from custom position if that is possible...

Nibogo

I have not tested that but try opening the Floating Bar Js script and modify this value:

var startY = 5 //set y offset of bar in pixels

Change the 5 to 30 or something like that and please left the var verticalpos like this:

var verticalpos="fromtop"

abcd789

hie frinds ih have isntalled byut its is not showing the mod in my theme.. i m using custom theme.... instaled sucesfully.. bt not coming dat option feautures n options.. im using smf 1.1.10 plzz help meee

Dzonny

Quote from: NIBOGO on October 23, 2009, 06:07:58 PM
I have not tested that but try opening the Floating Bar Js script and modify this value:

Change the 5 to 30 or something like that and please left the var verticalpos like this:

Thank you, that is it. :D

Nibogo

Quote from: abcd789 on November 07, 2009, 02:45:13 AM
hie frinds ih have isntalled byut its is not showing the mod in my theme.. i m using custom theme.... instaled sucesfully.. bt not coming dat option feautures n options.. im using smf 1.1.10 plzz help meee

You need to do the modifications to your theme files

Quote from: Dzonny on November 07, 2009, 06:06:16 AM
Quote from: NIBOGO on October 23, 2009, 06:07:58 PM

Thank you, that is it. :D

Glad you have it working

Advertisement: