News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Started by d0brin, October 08, 2008, 07:36:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

d0brin

Well here is it i was with SMf 2.3.1 than i updated it to SMF 2.4.0 and installed a mode called Floating Bar than i log out to test the mod (it is adding a feature for teh guests and i logged out like a guest) and when i tryied to log in again it says ERROR basicly you cant log in again...and i dont know what  to do please help?

I think there is something wrong with the update pack cuz when ireinstalled my forum back to 3.1 the log in worked fine...so idont know hwat is happening with smf 4

Kindred

1- re-upload clean 2.0b4 files.
2- clear your cookies and caceh from your browser
3- make sure autofill forms is OFF

try again...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

d0brin

so to upload again the update pack of SMF 2.0b4?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

d0brin

it does the same error..

Kindred

Since I have smf 2.0, beta 4 working on 3 different sites, I expect the error is actually due to the mod that you tried to install.

(BTW: The versions are 2.0beta3.1 and 2.0beta4, not 2.3.1, 2,4,0, smf 3.1 or smf 4)
Слaва
Украинi

d0brin

i know :) and i dont get it...btw i reinstall it on 3.1 beta and than removed all mods and then updated it back to 4 beta and still i have the same error.

Kindred

try using the full install package for 2.0b4

upload everything except the settings.php and install files.
Слaва
Украинi

d0brin

d0brin

no it doesnt work i sitll have the same error no matter of that i am using the full install pakc without the settings files and install files...i think that there is something wrong with the database....is there a way to copy the usernames and the content and than past it on a new databse on which will be installed SMF 2.4.0?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

d0brin

oks nvm...i found that the arror is somewhare caused by the database... so i cant do anything about it so...

Rumbaar

Have you tried from an alternate computer and/or browser?

What is the exact error message word for word?

I can't see how that 'simple' mod would cause such session/cookie issues.  Were you using the default CORE theme?
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

d0brin

It is saying.

AN error occured during log in, try again and if you receive the same error please contact the administrator.

And i am the administrator and i dont know whats going on...

Rumbaar

Quote from: Rumbaar on November 24, 2008, 09:55:33 PM
Have you tried from an alternate computer and/or browser?

Were you using the default CORE theme?
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

d0brin

I no longer usae SMF 2 i reinstall the forum into SMF 1.1.8 :)

Rumbaar

I take it that means this is no longer and issue?  I'll mark it as solved.

[ Themes ]

d0brin

Advertisement: