News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

registered user importer only without convert?

Started by skidpics, October 09, 2008, 07:43:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skidpics

I run vbulletin 3.6.8 and I don't want to convert my site, rather, import my users from vbulletin into SMF 1.1.6 - Is there a utility to do that?

skidpics

I should have kept reading.

This explains how to convert: http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?board=4.0;sort=subject

But does it mess up my current install, since SMF is in another directory, or does it just convert the DB and import the results?

SleePy

Any data in SMF will be loss by using the converter.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

SleePy

your SMF database.
The converter will empty the SMF database prior to converting the vBulletin data into the SMF database.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

skidpics

That won't be too bad, since it is a new install - even if not, I suppose you could backup your current database, import with a new DB database and import the old DB back into it to get the settings back. 

But, the important thing is that the VB database and site will be running the same still..

NOw, if only SMF had a photopost importer for users, that would make it much easier!

Oldiesmann

Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Advertisement: