News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Modification Update Version Checker

Started by vbgamer45, May 29, 2022, 09:21:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jsx

@vbgamer45

This is the error:

You cannot download or install new packages because the Packages directory, or one of the files in it, is not writable!

vbgamer45

Looks like it is a bug with the customize site again, was solved for a while.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

jsx

Hi @Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Could you report this error to the person managing the website?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Feel free to open a topic in Site Comments, Issues and Concerns with any and all details you can share about the actual issue.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

jsx

Quote from: vbgamer45 on March 02, 2024, 03:10:43 PMThats a bug on my side with the mod.

I downloaded the Simple Audio Video Embedder update using Mod Version Checker and when I go to the Simple Audio Video Embedder settings I see the words "Your Version: 7.0.5 Latest Version: 7.0.5" and that's fine, but when I go to the list of installed packages I still see the version 7.0.3a and the UPDATE button.

vbgamer45

You can ignore that/delete the old version.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

jsx

The current version 7.0.5 should be visible in the package list after updating this mod, but version 7.0.3a is visible. If I remove this mod from the package list, I won't be able to uninstall it if I need to.

vbgamer45

Strange you should have two packages in your package manager the original then the new version.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

jsx

I think you should run a test. Maybe something was wrong with my forum.

jsx

Hello @vbgamer45

I have a question for you. If there is an update available for a mod, after updating that mod, why is the old mod pack still available in the pack list? Why does the new package after updating not remove the old version from the list of installed modifications.

I have a test SMF 2.1.4 forum where I install various modifications and check their functionality before installing these modifications on my official forum. And I had some mod updates and I updated them using "Modification Update Version Checker", but in the modification package list I see previous modification versions (previous modification number) and no UNINSTALL MOD button, I only see two buttons FILE LIST and DELETE. Is this a bug from your mod or from SimpleMachines site?

Steve

If I'm reading you right, it's working as designed. I would not want the old pack deleted until I'm sure there are no problems with the upgraded ones. And you wouldn't have an uninstall button on the earlier version because it's not installed.

vb will have to confirm this though.
DO NOT pm me for support!

vbgamer45

That is correct Steve.

The system does not delete old packages. If the mod has an upgrade option, it does not uninstall the old version.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

jsx

I understand, but let me give you an example:

I have the test forum I mentioned. And on this forum I updated the Simple Colorizer 1.3.1 mod to 1.4, but in the package list I only see the Simple Colorizer 1.3.1 version, I don't have version 1.4, and in the 'Installed' table it is N/A.

What's going on here?

vbgamer45

Might be an SMF bug, this mod just gives links to download a package and install/upgrade

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: