News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

databaseproblem (SMF 2 Beta 3.1)

Started by Stasvde, October 15, 2008, 12:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stasvde

First i asked to run the last upgrade file , in case that software version and database are different and the database has to be repaired.
I have uploaded the last large uprade pack nd all needed language packs that i need.
after i had startet the upgrade.php  i got this message :
"Error: set_time_limit() has been disabled for security reasons File: /data/members/paid/k/a/______/htdocs/forum/upgrade.php Line: 3040Table './_________/smf_log_activity' is marked as crashed and should be repaired"
or
"Table smf_log_activity' is marked as crashed and should be repaired"
after a reboot in case of a computer self restart
i get now this error :
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /data/members/paid/k/a/_______/htdocs/forum/Settings.php on line 29

What went there wrong ?
How can i get the board running again or should i create a complete new one ?
I have to say that i lost my backup after a hdd crash on Monday, so i have no backup any more.
I hope someone can help me with my problem.
kind regards
Stasvde
Nobody is Perfekt.

joshuam08

If You Made A Backup Before The Upgrade Upload A Fresh Set Of Files And Try Again.
Gamingguru.org Admin
http:\\www.gamingguru.org

greyknight17

Is this issue resolved? If not, you can upload a new Settings.php file and then use repair_settings.php and make sure that the database information is correct. Then click on the Recommended values. Save the changes. That should restore your forum back to working order. Delete the repair_settings.php file once you are done.

Stasvde

Quote from: greyknight17 on October 27, 2008, 11:04:26 PM
Is this issue resolved? If not, you can upload a new Settings.php file and then use repair_settings.php and make sure that the database information is correct. Then click on the Recommended values. Save the changes. That should restore your forum back to working order. Delete the repair_settings.php file once you are done.
Yes the the Problem is now resolved, thank you all for your help.
Nobody is Perfekt.

Advertisement: