News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Login with wrong password problem

Started by Paul, January 30, 2005, 10:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul

In addition to the logout problem from this topic. I also came across the following:

If I log in with a correct username and wrong password I'm redirected to the forum login page where I can try again. If I type the password correct now, I enter the forum logged in (that's good). But if I go to the mambo page I'm logged in, but can't access/see anything for registered users only, not even when I refresh.

Orstio

This is because you are logging in to SMF only.  Please read the "Combined Readme" topic at the top of the board.

Paul

I've read that topic but without any succes. First I've tried to change login2 to mambo_login etc. but if I do that I can't logout on the forum (nor login for that matter) only with the mambo module. I also tried to edit Loginout.php, but that doesn't work for me because I use an URL to link to the forum and not the "component - item", which results in the logout button not working.

Kindred

Paul,

Give us a URL...

What browser are you using?

What are you trying to do with your forum?   Why are you using a URL instead of using the menu to select the component?
If you are trying to use it unwrapped or stand-alone, with the bridge, you'll have to make changed to MOS_SMF.php, as noted in the readmes.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Paul

Quote6g) If (and ONLY if) you are running mambo and SMF in separate databases and/or you want to run your forum "unwrapped" by Mambo (see below), then do this step.

Ok, I read the readme twice and missed the word "or" twice  :o Sorry people, I'm going to try that first. If that still doesn't help than I'll make a test-account and give the URL.

Advertisement: