News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Trying to set up the membership

Started by PaulCrick, October 05, 2008, 06:15:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulCrick

Hi and hello  :D

I have installed the SMF 2 forum and I am trying to set up anti spam functions in the following ways.

I have set up a new user group called: New Member.
I would like to make all new registrants automatically join that group, with restricted permissions, i.e. they cant view members profiles, put up attachments etc. I also want to have all their posts approved before they are viewed on the board.

Once it is established I presume that I can change their status in their profiles to normal members with standard permissions?

Thank you in anticipation of your help.

Take care Paul.

Kindred

there is no way, by default to have users assigned to a membergroup (except for post-count based groups or the "member" group.)

What you could do is:
make the "member" group (i.e. he default regular membergroup) with all the restrictions that you want...  and then, assign users that you approve into another group that overrides those other permissions.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

PaulCrick

Hi Kindred

Thanks for your response, I have done something along these lines, I changed the newbie settings so they have limited access and moderation.

I then changed the Jr member so that they have to be assigned to it, once assigned they get standard forum permissions, from there once they have posted enough posts, they should work up through the ranks as normal, I hope?

Kindred

yup, that should work. (marking as solved)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: