News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Remove "Last Edit: ..." after editing a post as admin

Started by ein_stein2000, October 17, 2008, 10:57:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ein_stein2000

How can I remove/disable the message "Last Edit: [Date/Time] by [User]" after I've edited a post? I would like to disable the message only for admins

thx for your help in advance

Kermit

Sources/Post.php

Code (find) Select
// Have admins allowed people to hide their screwups?
if (time() - $row['posterTime'] > $modSettings['edit_wait_time'] || $ID_MEMBER != $row['ID_MEMBER'])
{
$msgOptions['modify_time'] = time();
$msgOptions['modify_name'] = addslashes($user_info['name']);
}

Code (replace with) Select
// Have admins allowed people to hide their screwups?
if ((time() - $row['posterTime'] > $modSettings['edit_wait_time'] || $ID_MEMBER != $row['ID_MEMBER'])
    && (!in_array('moderate_board',$user_info['permissions']) && !$user_info['is_admin']))
{
$msgOptions['modify_time'] = time();
$msgOptions['modify_name'] = addslashes($user_info['name']);
My Mods
Please don't PM/mail me for support,unless i invite you
Formerly known as Duncan85
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

A. Einstein

Deprecated

Quote from: ein_stein2000 on October 17, 2008, 10:57:44 AM
How can I remove/disable the message "Last Edit: [Date/Time] by [User]" after I've edited a post? I would like to disable the message only for admins

There's a mod package for that! http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=982

Just one thing: Use that power wisely. If you use it frivolously and your members realize it, they won't trust you or your forum and they'll move on to more trustworthy sites.

I use it myself but only to edit my huge sticky posts where I have long lists of reference information for my members. I prefer my sticky posts to be "neat" and I don't like the unsightly edit tags in them.

FrankF

With this modification, if the message had already been edited by the poster before the Administrator edits it, is that previous Last Edit retained, or is the slate wiped clean?

Deprecated

Wiped clean.

You will have to edit via phpMyAdmin if you want to retain the old tag.

Advertisement: