How do you do that? (Click attached image opens full size window)

Started by Deprecated, October 17, 2008, 11:20:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deprecated

I was reading our "What does your desktop look like" topic in Chit Chat and noticed it was quite nice that those who attached large images got thumbnails, and you could click them and open a new window with the full sized image.

Well today I noticed that my own forum when you click the thumbnail nothing happens. How do you do that? How do you set it up so that clicking the thumbnail opens the big window?

Deprecated

Thank you for the reply. Indeed it looks like that would work.

But I seriously want to do exactly what Simple Machines did, and will still appreciate if somebody connected with the SMF site or otherwise knowledgeable in exactly what SMF did would tell me for sure what our site is using.

greyknight17

Is this issue resolved? That mod seems to do the trick. As far as I can tell, it's still on the SMF site. Only that it's using a third party script.

Deprecated

It's not the Highslide image mod. That opens the image in the same window.

In this post: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=3395.msg1753830#msg1753830

SMF opens the full size image in a pop-up window. My standard SMF just expands it as much as possible in the current browser.

I'm just trying to figure out how SMF does that. Is it just settings and I have my settings wrong? Or is it a mod package installed on the SMF site? Or what?

Rumbaar

It has to do with the current size of the image and the current maximum size of allowed images.  If it's too big to be displayed inline it will automatically generate a popup window to display the image.  If it's small enough it will expand inline.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

Advertisement: