News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Language problem for punjabi

Started by jazzbrar, October 26, 2008, 12:20:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jazzbrar

I want to use my forum in both languages english and punjabi.but i m facing a problem when i try to type in punjabi its showing in ???????? form.what is the problem.what should i do to overcome this problem.

As i checked most of another free forums but there i can able to write and read very well in punjabi then what's the problem with SMF.please help me here.i think its not related to any language pack.

Compuart

Since Punjabi is not an official language (yet?) I don't know which character set your language package is in. The most likely character set for that language would probably be UTF-8 though. In general, if you want to support multiple languages, the UTF-8 character set would be a wise choice. So try to convert your SMF to UTF-8 and see if that fixes your problem.

UTF-8 readme
Hendrik Jan Visser
Former Lead Developer & Co-founder www.simplemachines.org
Personal Signature:
Realitynet.nl -> ExpeditieRobinson.net / PekingExpress.org / WieIsDeMol.Com

jazzbrar

thanks to reply, i allready checked it by convert.i agree with you  its not supporting punjabi but i want to know how other forums support even that there is not any language support like SMF. i m giving example of one is hxxp:php3bb.com [nonactive] .

even if i select hindi as defualt language.can't able to write in hindi.that's why i don't want to waste time to convert my own language pack for punjabi.please any person who can give reply.i will be thankful to you.thanks

Advertisement: