News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMFPacks.com Shoutbox

Started by Nibogo, October 19, 2008, 11:41:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fullmoonya

can someone add some features to this mod?..like when i post a link, it will become a clickable link?..
do not mark my topic solve unless it is REALLY SOLVED.
my forum

Visit My Blog:
Google SEO Share

JaGoDkA

Hallo,

As guest I didn't see messages on Shout Box after load page thought permission.
I have to click update link on right corner then messages are loaded.

This problem is: www.klubzafira.pl/forum [nofollow]

Best regards
JaGoDkA

Ozzie

Quote from: fullmoonya on March 15, 2012, 02:06:09 AM
can someone add some features to this mod?..like when i post a link, it will become a clickable link?..

that is already included..maybe you are using another mod that is making them unclickable

BTW when adding links it has to be the full address... including the  http://   not just www. i.e  htxp://www.mysite.com and not  wxw.mysite.com

2000+ games available to download

Ozzie

@ JaGoDkA   

looking at you site you dont seem to be using this shoutbox you are using AjaxChat Integration maybe you should asking their thread   

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=257973.8680

JaGoDkA

@ Ozzie

I have AjaxChat and SB.
See attachments :)

Best regard
JaGoDkA

Ozzie

that may well be the cause of you problem ...they may have different refresh rates or whatever i dont know to be honest i never tried using to different shoutboxes on same site which tbh i dont know why you are as ajaxchat as its own sb if i remember correctly,i would suggest using 1 or the other but as i say i don't honestly know.
best of luck im sure someone here will give you a solution

Dave J

Ok this is a repeat post from last Friday (9thMarch)

QuoteThis is by far the best shoutbox out there I think...there is only one thing that would stop me from giving it 5 stars and thats the 'Compatability View' issue with IE9. Unfortunately when I put the page into ''Com view' mode another mod that I have installed goes wrong.

Nibogo did you ever get anything sorted with this issue? If not what are my options with regard to you sorting it out?

Does anyone else know of a way to stop putting IE9 into 'Com View' in order so the shoutbox will work?

I'm at work and have no option but to use IE9 as this is their policy...so I would like to know if there is a fix for using it with IE9.

By putting the forum in compatability mode it throws out other things too like, when making new posts I can't see the smileys and the BBC icons.

Regards

Dave
If you want quizzes to add to the new SMF2.1 quiz mod go here . There are also walkthroughs in the forum to explain how to install them and other tips.

fullmoonya

Quote from: Ozzie on March 15, 2012, 08:13:09 AM
Quote from: fullmoonya on March 15, 2012, 02:06:09 AM

that is already included..maybe you are using another mod that is making them unclickable

BTW when adding links it has to be the full address... including the  http://   not just www. i.e  htxp://www.mysite.com and not  wxw.mysite.com

yes im including the http:// but it doesnt like parsing..what mod that makes it unclickable?..
my forum

Visit My Blog:
Google SEO Share

Adrek

I see that topic is alive so maybe I can get answer for my questions - how to properly remove sound for new messages?
And how to show Shoutbox always expanded? Now it's collapsed for guests.
Polskie wsparcie SMF na simplemachines.org

the simplest solution is most likely the right one

Dave J

Quote from: phantomm on March 16, 2012, 08:27:14 AM
I see that topic is alive so maybe I can get answer for my questions - how to properly remove sound for new messages?
And how to show Shoutbox always expanded? Now it's collapsed for guests.

As it seems the Mod creator is not responding to queries I suggest you have two options:

1. The sound is called from via the JS Script, the easiest way to remove it is just delete the 'shoutbox.mp3' file that's in h**p://www.mysite/Themes/default/

2. Create another sound mp3 file which is silent, then just replace the existing file for the new silent one. You will need to ensure that the new file nearly matches the existing one for length and bit rate which is 24kbs.

If you want quizzes to add to the new SMF2.1 quiz mod go here . There are also walkthroughs in the forum to explain how to install them and other tips.

Ozzie

@phantomm

the second part of you question "how to show Shoutbox always expanded? Now it's collapsed for guests." you need to set permissions in admin for guests usergroup i.e can view shoutbox

Adrek

@davejo, thanks, i guess this is the easiest way to do this :)
@Ozzie, guests can see Shoutbox, but it is collapsed for them.

Maybe someone knows how to completely remove option to expand/collapse Shoutbox?

DragonHeartCivic

I tried installing in SC 2.0.2 and got an message saying it was not compatible.  So was wondering if there was any plans in upgrading to work with 2.0.2?

Adrek

DragonHeartCivic

fullmoonya

now it works..i thought theres no link parser in this mod..thanks..
my forum

Visit My Blog:
Google SEO Share

Ashley S

Hello guys.
I am looking for someone to help me out by editing this.

From
Ashley S [19|Mar 08:46 PM]: Hi
To
[19|Mar 08:46 PM] Ashley S: Hi

If anyone can do this then please PM me.
Thank you!

technical4u28

erroe occur
The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF
Free SMF Support Contact me.......

www.technical4U.com

flooo

Hi,

I am running SMF 2.0.2 with tinyportal 1.0.4 and I would like to have the shoutbox on the frontpage. The shoutbox defines on base of the action if it is displayed or not but as the frontpage has no action the shoutbox is not shown.
Any hints how to solve the issue?

Thanks
Florian

Ozzie

i would presume that is because the front page is generated by tiny portal you would need to make a block for the smfpacks shoutbox to have it show on the front page i dont use that portal so maybe it is worth asking in their support thread if they do a block for it or maybe someone can tell you how

Advertisement: