News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMFPacks.com Shoutbox

Started by Nibogo, October 19, 2008, 11:41:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kasparh

Quote from: phantomm on March 16, 2012, 11:42:46 AM
@Ozzie, guests can see Shoutbox, but it is collapsed for them.

Maybe someone knows how to completely remove option to expand/collapse Shoutbox?
I have the same problem of phantomm, all my users can see the shoutbox, and the first time they expand it, then the shoutbox became always visible, but the users that don't expand it for the first time are never able to see the messages posted in it.
It there any way to set the shoutbox in expand mode (auto hide is already un-checked) or remove the collapse function so the box is always visible fot everyone has the permission to see it ?

p.s. i'm using 1.0.4 on smf 2.0.2 default theme (curve)

p.p.s in attach you can see a screenshot of the problem. The icon seem the one used when shoutbox is expanded, but the user is not able to see anything, after you click the expand/collapse button the shoutbox appear with all messages and from that moment it works correctly.
But the problem is to inform all the users that have to click the expand/collapse button to be able to see the new tool.
Any idea how to fix the problem ?

LindaHT

Is there anyway to get rid of the box that pops up from webpage before it will post what you type?
Also where do you go to delete all of the chat that has piled up?

I am sorry I am new at this.  I have this mod installed and other than the pop up works great?

If you hit send it works that way.  Consider this closed.

humanoid

Quote from: nCogNeato on July 31, 2011, 07:27:43 PM
Quote from: marci_n on July 27, 2011, 02:09:06 PM
Quote from: nCogNeato on July 26, 2011, 07:58:52 PM
Quote from: nCogNeato on July 20, 2011, 06:18:25 PM
Quote from: Nibogo on July 04, 2011, 01:09:29 PM
Just move this code in index.template:

//SMFPacks Shoutbox -->
   if (function_exists('template_shoutbox')) template_shoutbox('main');
   // <-- SMFPacks Shoutbox

To the place where you want to show the Shoutbox.

I'm currently trying to move the shoutbox directly between my News Fader and first forum board.  Every attempt to move the shoutbox code detailed above simply makes my shoutbox disappear.  I know I must be doing it wrong.  Any advice?

Anyone?

Yes, you have to move this:

//SMFPacks Shoutbox -->
// <-- SMFPacks Shoutbox

to BoardIndex.template.php and place before:
   // Here's where the "Info Center" starts...

This is answer how to move to bottom of you page. If you wanna insert shoutbox before feeds place the code before
   // Show the news fader?  (assuming there are things to show...)

That didn't quite accomplish what I was needing.  By moving ...

index.template.php
//SMFPacks Shoutbox -->
// <-- SMFPacks Shoutbox

to BoardIndex.template.php and place before:

the shoutbox appears at the bottom of the board and above the Info Center.  I'm needing the shoutbox to appear at the top (or above) the board and below the News fader.

I played with moving the code around, but got some very crazy results.  Can anyone specify exactly where to place the shoutbox code to accomplish what I'm needing?

I took these changes way back when I was installing SMF 1.1.x and got my desired result - that being the Shoutbox placed just above the Info Centre. However, having recently upgraded to 2.0.2, this same change almost-but-doesn't-quite work perfectly with the default Curve theme (still works fine with the legacy Core theme). The shoutbox title bar ends up wedged between the read/unread icon legend and the "mark all messages as read" button instead of spanning the width of the page. (image attached)

I presently have the code reading like this:
function template_info_center()
{
global $context, $settings, $options, $txt, $scripturl, $modSettings;

//SMFPacks Shoutbox -->
// <-- SMFPacks Shoutbox

But also have tried it in the main function (I know it's equivalent) :

function template_main()
{

//stuff

//SMFPacks Shoutbox -->
// <-- SMFPacks Shoutbox

template_info_center();
}

I've also tried forcing a <br/> line break before the function call, encasing the section in <span> or <div> tags, but none accomplish the desired result. Any thoughts?

MetalBoy

Hello, I have the problem   :-\

SMF 2.0.2

I have no idea where to start looking   :'(

N i g h t m a r e

umm i haavent been answered Once yet.
all i wanna know is how to edit the shout output,like Nibogo did in this picture...

so when you shout its like

"[31|Jul 02:54 PM]ArkCreatiiion: Test"
and Not
"ArkCreation[31|Jul 02:54 PM]: Test" ....

N i g h t m a r e

Where do i insert this code?

<script type="text/javascript">
/*
Multi-Colored Display Names for SMF by wildgoosespeeder
v2.2

Based from the JavaScript codes of
Two Colored Display Names by Code Dragon and Boccy109
from ProBoards
*/
var z = 0;
var e = "";
var a = document.getElementsByTagName('a');
var span = document.getElementsByTagName('span');
var memberscolors = [];

// [user id, display name, color 1, color 2, etc...]
memberscolors[z++] = ["1","ArkCreatiiion","FFFF0O","FF0000","FFFF0O","FF0000","FFFF0O","FF0000","FFFF0O","FF0000","FFFF0O","FF0000"];
memberscolors[z++] = ["2","ArkInvaliid","000099","FF3300","000099","FF3300","000099","FF3300","000099","FF3300","000099","FF3300"];

for(loop = 0; loop < memberscolors.length; loop++)
{
    e = "";
    for(c = 0; c < memberscolors[loop][1].length; c++)
    {
        e += "<b><font color='#" + memberscolors[loop][(c % (memberscolors[loop].length - 2)) + 2] + "'>" + memberscolors[loop][1].charAt(c) + "</b></font>";
    }
    for(href = 0; href < a.length; href++)
    {
        if(a[href].href.match(new RegExp("action=profile;u=" + memberscolors[loop][0] + "$")) && a[href].innerHTML == memberscolors[loop][1])
        {
            a[href].innerHTML = e;
        }
    }
    for(stylecheck = 0; stylecheck < span.length; stylecheck++)
    {
        if(span[stylecheck].innerHTML == memberscolors[loop][1])
        {
            span[stylecheck].innerHTML = e;
        }
    }
}
</script>

its in use in the global header and footer mod,but i wish to have the same name colors in the shoutbox as well,any ideas where to put it?

polkablues

Hi, I just installed the mod and love it.  My one aesthetic issue is that there's a lot of empty padding between the top of the box and the menu buttons (update, open popup, etc.).  I've browsed through the Shoutbox.template.php and played with some settings, but I can't seem to pin down where in the code I can adjust this.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Second issue... Is there a way to make it so that the shoutbox will stay expanded or collapsed for a user as they log out and log back in?  In other words, rather than always starting out open or always starting out hidden, it will be however they left it when they come back?  I have some users who like having it always ready to use, and some who would prefer it stay out of their way until they want to see it.

br360

Ok all, I need some help here. I read through 89 pages, tried numerous attempts, and still was unable to get the shoutbox to appear in all of the sections of my board, and not just on the index page. I'm losing my mind.

Here is a screencap of what the Pages where Shoutbox will be printed looks like-

Can someone please tell me exactly what I'm supposed to replace the "boardindex" and "collapsecategory" with, so I can get this amazing shoutbox to work on every page?

lol, Please?

[Crash_Override]

@Bradley206:

in the box "Pages Where shoutbox will be printed" add these values to it

display
boardindex
messageindex
collapsecategory

should yield the desired result

br360

Quote from: [Crash_Override] on August 22, 2012, 12:52:54 AM
@Bradley206:

in the box "Pages Where shoutbox will be printed" add these values to it

display
boardindex
messageindex
collapsecategory

should yield the desired result

It worked. Thank you so much. That is 3 hours I will never get back, but at least I can sleep now.;) 

Seriously; thank you.

biohrd

I have problem with this mod. I can use Shoutbox, post messages, but I can't see any of them. I checked database and there are added my shouts, but I can't see anything on Shoutbox. Whats wrong? SMF 2.0.2.

N i g h t m a r e

Quote from: EssenceGamer.com on August 18, 2012, 08:57:40 PM
Where do i insert this code?

<script type="text/javascript">
/*
Multi-Colored Display Names for SMF by wildgoosespeeder
v2.2

Based from the JavaScript codes of
Two Colored Display Names by Code Dragon and Boccy109
from ProBoards
*/
var z = 0;
var e = "";
var a = document.getElementsByTagName('a');
var span = document.getElementsByTagName('span');
var memberscolors = [];

memberscolors[z++] = ["1","ArkCreatiiion","FFFF0O","FF0000","FFFF0O","FF0000","FFFF0O","FF0000","FFFF0O","FF0000","FFFF0O","FF0000"];
memberscolors[z++] = ["2","ArkInvaliid","000099","FF3300","000099","FF3300","000099","FF3300","000099","FF3300","000099","FF3300"];

for(loop = 0; loop < memberscolors.length; loop++)
{
    e = "";
    for(c = 0; c < memberscolors[loop][1].length; c++)
    {
        e += "<b><font color='#" + memberscolors[loop][(c % (memberscolors[loop].length - 2)) + 2] + "'>" + memberscolors[loop][1].charAt(c) + "</b></font>";
    }
    for(href = 0; href < a.length; href++)
    {
        if(a[href].href.match(new RegExp("action=profile;u=" + memberscolors[loop][0] + "$")) && a[href].innerHTML == memberscolors[loop][1])
        {
            a[href].innerHTML = e;
        }
    }
    for(stylecheck = 0; stylecheck < span.length; stylecheck++)
    {
        if(span[stylecheck].innerHTML == memberscolors[loop][1])
        {
            span[stylecheck].innerHTML = e;
        }
    }
}
</script>

its in use in the global header and footer mod,but i wish to have the same name colors in the shoutbox as well,any ideas where to put it?

Excuse me, i asked this question that i quoted a while ago,still no answer :s its just to change the name color of my name color and anyone else's i add

Kindred

except for the fact that I believe this mod already uses javascript to do the chat...   so your script would probably conflict and someone who knows what they are doing would have to build the two things together....

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

N i g h t m a r e

Quote from: Kindred on August 25, 2012, 04:33:14 PM
except for the fact that I believe this mod already uses javascript to do the chat...   so your script would probably conflict and someone who knows what they are doing would have to build the two things together....

is there any other methods to add:

memberscolors[z++] = ["1","Zeum","FFFF0O","FF0000","FFFF0O","FF0000","FFFF0O","FF0000","FFFF0O","FF0000","FFFF0O","FF0000"];
memberscolors[z++] = ["2","IIxACIDxII","000099","FF3300","000099","FF3300","000099","FF3300","000099","FF3300","000099","FF3300"];

i just wanna give those 2 users multi name colors since they are the forum admins :3 and it would be a cool feature on my site..

Kindred

so...   If you know how to code it, go ahead and do it?  I guess I'm not sure what you're asking for...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

N i g h t m a r e

i can attempt to code in:

memberscolors[z++] = ["1","Zeum","FFFF0O","FF0000","FFFF0O","FF0000","FFFF0O","FF0000","FFFF0O","FF0000","FFFF0O","FF0000"];
memberscolors[z++] = ["2","IIxACIDxII","000099","FF3300","000099","FF3300","000099","FF3300","000099","FF3300","000099","FF3300"];

just have no clue where to past it.

Kindred

I would assume either into the shoutbox.php or index.template.php
Слaва
Украинi

N i g h t m a r e

Quote from: Kindred on August 25, 2012, 07:02:30 PM
I would assume either into the shoutbox.php or index.template.php

not to sound like an idiot but,any idea if this type of code is pastable anywhere,or in a certain spot?

Kindred

no...it's not just pastable....   the thing is - since this mod uses javascript in and for itself, any modification to that javascript has to be carefully considered.
Слaва
Украинi

N i g h t m a r e

Quote from: Kindred on August 25, 2012, 07:27:37 PM
no...it's not just pastable....   the thing is - since this mod uses javascript in and for itself, any modification to that javascript has to be carefully considered.
well nevermind on that note
but,would you happen to know how to edit the shout output?
make it:
"[25|Aug 06:32 PM]Zeum:    test"

Not:
"Zeum [25|Aug 06:32 PM]:   test"

Advertisement: