News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMFPacks.com Shoutbox

Started by Nibogo, October 19, 2008, 11:41:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

not really... I don't use the mod, nor do I have it installed...   I just comment occasionally to help people with general questions

I'd assume it's merely a matter of switching the variable calls in the shoutbox sources or template file...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

biohrd

I have problem with this mod. I can use Shoutbox, post messages, but I can't see any of them. I checked database and there are added my shouts, but I can't see anything on Shoutbox. Whats wrong? SMF 2.0.2.

Kindred

have you tried from a different computer or with a different browser?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

biohrd

Yes. It's still the same. It looks like Shoutbox cannot receive info from database :/

edit:
OK, it's not fine. I changed filehost to another and it's working :)

improv

Is it possible to show the shoutbox outside the forum (on a custom page using ssi)?

[Crash_Override]

<iframe src="http://URL TO YOUR FORUM HERE/index.php?action=shoutbox" frameborder=0 scrolling=no width=100% height=??px></iframe>

although this probably won't work well if you have the shoutbox hidden to guests

Kindred

Iframes are a bad choice. They tend to screw up sessions.
Слaва
Украинi

kasparh

Quote from: kasparh on August 14, 2012, 12:58:56 PM
Quote from: phantomm on March 16, 2012, 11:42:46 AM
@Ozzie, guests can see Shoutbox, but it is collapsed for them.

Maybe someone knows how to completely remove option to expand/collapse Shoutbox?
I have the same problem of phantomm, all my users can see the shoutbox, and the first time they expand it, then the shoutbox became always visible, but the users that don't expand it for the first time are never able to see the messages posted in it.
It there any way to set the shoutbox in expand mode (auto hide is already un-checked) or remove the collapse function so the box is always visible fot everyone has the permission to see it ?

p.s. i'm using 1.0.4 on smf 2.0.2 default theme (curve)

p.p.s in attach you can see a screenshot of the problem. The icon seem the one used when shoutbox is expanded, but the user is not able to see anything, after you click the expand/collapse button the shoutbox appear with all messages and from that moment it works correctly.
But the problem is to inform all the users that have to click the expand/collapse button to be able to see the new tool.
Any idea how to fix the problem ?

I found the problem ,it's on the permission side.
I try to explain. I 'd like to use Shoutbox as a newsboard for the forum, but all the users that have the rights to post messages find the shoutbox expanded, all the users that don't have rights to post messages on shoutbox find it collapsed (even if there are new messages to visualize) and to be able to view messages they need to click expand/collpase button.
Is there anyone able to fix this problem ?
many thanks

jsx

Hi, I have a question, how to place SMFPacks Shoutbox it's showing in the bottom of forum, behind: Mark ALL messages as read

And I have second question, please for help in which file I can modification putting the slider which is being started during a lot of sent text on shoutbox.

AMWebby

How do you change the sound? I tried uploading an mp3 file in the same bitrate but it still plays the default sound.  :-\

jsx

Quote from: rimh101 on August 31, 2012, 09:12:13 AM
Hi, I have a question, how to place SMFPacks Shoutbox it's showing in the bottom of forum, behind: Mark ALL messages as read

And I have second question, please for help in which file I can modification putting the slider which is being started during a lot of sent text on shoutbox.

Can somebody help me?

LeonLanford

is there any way to make the archived messages appear to regular user? for now only admin can see them..

[Crash_Override]

Quote from: rimh101 on September 01, 2012, 07:20:29 AM
Quote from: rimh101 on August 31, 2012, 09:12:13 AM

Can somebody help me?

What Theme are you using?

Quote from: LeonLanford on September 01, 2012, 11:55:57 AM
is there any way to make the archived messages appear to regular user? for now only admin can see them..

This would most likely require source code editing and adding permissions to enable this option, Unfortunately without being as familiar with the code this would have to be a feature request to the developer.

Quote from: AMWebby on August 31, 2012, 12:00:23 PM
How do you change the sound? I tried uploading an mp3 file in the same bitrate but it still plays the default sound.  :-\

As far as I can tell all you have to do is upload a new mp3 file named "shoutbox.mp3" to your forum's default theme directory and thats it.  You may have to clear your browsers and servers cache for this to take full effect though.

jsx

Quote from: [Crash_Override] on September 01, 2012, 04:46:57 PM

I use default template on every other template the shoutbox transfer should be the same like in case of the template default.

vkot

1) I have a problem with the sound alert. After the 1st message, and for every user that enters and there are messages, the sound played repeatedly without ever stopping. It's peculiar because it doesnt play on regular intervals but seems random. All users have to click the no-sound button to find some peace.

2) Also, I couldn't find out, in the JS file, where to make no-sound as default.

3) And I don't know why it doesn't support UTF8 by default. I had to delete and recreate the shoutbox table with the addition of "CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci" so that the greek letters would be shown correctly. So, that fixed the shouts in greek, in the forum, but in phpmyadmin I see entities(?) like "&#954;&#945;&#955;" in the message field (the realName field shows normal greek though)
For specialized SMF installation/customization, Web Development, Linux Server Administration, click here.
Για εξειδικευμένες υπηρεσίες στα παραπάνω, πατήστε εδώ.

tMicky

Is there an explanation for newbies, for a way to move the Fan Chat to the bottom of the board index, rather than the top?

thanks

domscatterbrain

Quote from: LeonLanford on September 01, 2012, 11:55:57 AM

This would most likely require source code editing and adding permissions to enable this option, Unfortunately without being as familiar with the code this would have to be a feature request to the developer.

I got the same problem too.

[Crash_Override]

Quote from: rimh101 on September 03, 2012, 02:10:35 AM

I use default template on every other template the shoutbox transfer should be the same like in case of the template default.

Look at the themes "index.template.php" file and find this line of code

// Show the navigation tree.
theme_linktree();

and make sure the shoutbox code follows right afterwards

//SMFPacks Shoutbox -->
if (function_exists('template_shoutbox')) template_shoutbox('main');
// <-- SMFPacks Shoutbox

Quote from: tMicky on September 04, 2012, 06:30:33 PM
Is there an explanation for newbies, for a way to move the Fan Chat to the bottom of the board index, rather than the top?

thanks

Similarly take the shoutbox code

//SMFPacks Shoutbox -->
if (function_exists('template_shoutbox')) template_shoutbox('main');
// <-- SMFPacks Shoutbox

And add it after this code in the "index.template.php" file

}

function template_body_below()
{

make sure to have only one instance of the code in the file as well, otherwise it will still be printed at the top of the forum

tMicky

Quote from: [Crash_Override] on September 05, 2012, 12:30:41 AM
make sure to have only one instance of the code in the file as well, otherwise it will still be printed at the top of the forum

Thank you so much, it worked. It shows up, at the very bottom, below the users online.
Is there a way to have it above the forum stats section?

[Crash_Override]

Quote from: tMicky on September 05, 2012, 01:33:32 AM
Quote from: [Crash_Override] on September 05, 2012, 12:30:41 AM

Thank you so much, it worked. It shows up, at the very bottom, below the users online.
Is there a way to have it above the forum stats section?

Unfortunately no, I tried to do this originally and could not because the stats and info are part of the "template_body" which is specified in another file.  I will look into if this is at all possible and keep you posted

Advertisement: